Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21194 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

Dear caver,

I am tired of you taking a big steamy dump in quitville.

Please read. This is what you need to know. index.php?showtopic=3861
Damn. I thought it was a Payday.

Offline Froman42

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
you did nail it with that post. thank you for supplying the ammo for the fight today.

Addiction, Self-Identity and 1 Day at a Time.

Breaking the physical addiction to nic is simple. It is unpleasant, but simple, and only lasts 72 hours. 

The psychological component to quitting is the real journey.  Begin the journey by inventing a new self-identity.  The Quitter. 

Say, “I AM QUIT”.

You are not “quitting”.  You are not “trying” to quit.  You ARE quit.  It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. It is now part of your identity.  “Quit” is who you are.

Also, observe the user that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the user because the user has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Quit for the rest of your life?  How is that possible?  These notions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news friend. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life.  Simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next month’s exams. Do not worry about Tuesday’s deadline. Quit today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.
Sco, as usual, you hit the nail on he head.

I've been freaking out because tax season (a huge trigger of mine) is here. I just realized That I am worrying about the time period, and not the day. Fuck my stress level on April 13th! I don't need to worry about that.

I just need to be happy and concentrate on my quit today.

Thanks man.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

Dear caver,

I am tired of you taking a big steamy dump in quitville.

Please read. This is what you need to know. index.php?showtopic=3861

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »

The door is closed, locked, chained and dead-bolted.  Alarm is set.  Sco is safe and secure.
Feels good don't it. The tools provided here are priceless.

P.S. You realize you must go through me before doing anything stoopid. I will help you stand against the door any day.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »

The door is closed, locked, chained and dead-bolted. Alarm is set. Sco is safe and secure.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman

I like quitting while others fail miserably.  I know i am a Winner.  There, I said it. 

See you Winners tomorrow.
FUCKING YES!

I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW MR. SHEEN.
'clap'

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »

I like quitting while others fail miserably. I know i am a Winner. There, I said it.

FUCKING YES!

I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW MR. SHEEN.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »

I like quitting while others fail miserably. I know i am a Winner. There, I said it.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

If you want to see what is possible, click ---- index.php?showtopic=5437

Just insert you

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
Digging the quit my brother in arms is bringing today.

Scodaddy...you rock bro.
Thanks. I feel refreshed. Being a drive by quitter sucks. I prefer waging war. B)
Me too bro.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

Scodaddy...you rock bro.
Thanks. I feel refreshed. Being a drive by quitter sucks. I prefer waging war. B)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »

Scodaddy...you rock bro.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »

Breaking the physical addiction to nic is simple. It is unpleasant, but simple, and only lasts 72 hours.

The psychological component to quitting is the real journey. Begin the journey by inventing a new self-identity. The Quitter.

Say, “I AM QUIT”.

You are not “quitting”. You are not “trying” to quit. You ARE quit. It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. It is now part of your identity. “Quit” is who you are.

Also, observe the user that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the user because the user has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Quit for the rest of your life? How is that possible? These notions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news friend. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life. Simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next monthÂ’s exams. Do not worry about TuesdayÂ’s deadline. Quit today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.
Sco, as usual, you hit the nail on he head.

I've been freaking out because tax season (a huge trigger of mine) is here. I just realized That I am worrying about the time period, and not the day. Fuck my stress level on April 13th! I don't need to worry about that.

I just need to be happy and concentrate on my quit today.

Thanks man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »

The psychological component to quitting is the real journey. Begin the journey by inventing a new self-identity. The Quitter.

Say, “I AM QUIT”.

You are not “quitting”. You are not “trying” to quit. You ARE quit. It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. It is now part of your identity. “Quit” is who you are.

Also, observe the user that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the user because the user has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Quit for the rest of your life? How is that possible? These notions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news friend. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life. Simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next monthÂ’s exams. Do not worry about TuesdayÂ’s deadline. Quit today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
Sco,

I appreciate your leadership on this site. You were one of the first to welcome me when I found KTC. I am glad you have my back and I certainly have yours!

Thanks
LL
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau