Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21134 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: Scowick65

Looks like we broke ground on the new KTC headquarters. ----- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NUYgAzmrnM
Gmann got's the moves!
Dude at the door was remshot...
FUDenny

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Quote from: DennyX

Looks like we broke ground on the new KTC headquarters. ----- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NUYgAzmrnM
Gmann got's the moves!
Dude at the door was remshot...

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »

Gmann got's the moves!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »

"Thinking of caving is nothing more than wishing to change what your feeling, it has nothing to do with chew." ~ Skoal Monster

That resonated with me SM. Thanks. I learn something about addiction on this site everyday. :)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »

Addiction, Self-Identity and 1 Day at a Time

Physical addiction to nicotine is simple. The proper amount of nicotine must be present in a body to avoid the onset of withdrawal. Conquering the physical addiction to nicotine is unpleasant but lasts only 72 hours.

The psychological component to quitting is the journey, the journey of inventing a new self-identity…The Quitter. Notice the vets say, I AM QUIT. They are not “quitting”; they ARE quit. It is a state of being. The psychological term is “Identity Development”. There is no try, there is. Just as addiction can have such a hold on you that it becomes part of your identity, “Quit” can be who you are now.

Observe the addict that is contemplating quitting but would rather quit tomorrow or next week. You see, 72 hours of physical withdrawal is nothing to the addict because the addict has been managing physical withdrawal symptoms the entire duration of the addiction. What is scary? Can the addict fundamentally change his/her Self-Identity? Can the addict quit for the rest of his/her life? Now those questions can scare a potential quitter into choosing addiction over freedom.

There is good news friend. You do not have to quit for the rest of your life. You do not have to fundamentally change your self-identity. You simply choose to quit today. Do not worry about baseball next March. Do not worry about next monthÂ’s exams. Do not worry about TuesdayÂ’s deadline. Quit today for today. The body will adjust. The psyche will adjust. You will gradually and often unnoticeably reinvent what it is to be you. You shall be restored one day at a time.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Sco, go check out your work in April 2011. A little foggy today? I can't say much after that post of mine a few weeks ago.

:D

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Sco, go check out your work in April 2011. A little foggy today? I can't say much after that post of mine a few weeks ago.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »

Out and about doing routine stuff. A little bit bored and down. Then, I come into this site and see new guys quitting. I then see everyone rally and help. It makes me happy and gives me renewed purpose in the day.

Welcome new quitters. I am glad you are here. You remind me of where I come.

Thanks Vets. Thanks for what you have taught me. You have taught me much about free will and the power of choice. I that call the shots. 1 day at a time.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
inspirational stuff sco.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

I am new at quitting. I have 186 days under my belt, not 1,186. I chuckle because I had a hard time getting my head around not dipping "for ever" 186 days ago. 186 days later I have no where near the mind set I had 186 days ago. I don't know what the future is, I just know it is easier to simply worry about today. Today only. Only Today.

Today I am not going to dip. I will likely run. I will probably smile when I do that. Something special will happen today, actually, one thing special already happened; the drive to work was drop dead gorgeous. The sunrise on the marsh was stunning.

Focus on today = Easy. Focus on tomorrow = Uncertainty and angst. I choose easy. I choose today.

:)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Sco you're the man. I'm damn proud to be posting roll with you every morning brother.

Offline GTFAN

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2011, 10:14:00 AM »
Beat the nic bitch down sco! Damn proud to be quit with you today.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14

scowick - 1/2 year.  'Finger' nicotine.  I would have caved this week if it were not for this site.  I am clean and you bitch are a whore.  If you are a executive of a dip company you best not come near my house today because I will beat your ass.  Fuckers.  I am in a bad mood, yet, you will not get one cent from me...nor one dip.  I win.  'Finger'
Right on, get mad at them fuckers.

Proud to quit with you today.
Good job scowick! Nice half year

I am not a man given over to hatred, but it is hard not to be perpetually angry at those who produce, sell, promote and even permit the distribution of a substance that has caused so much misery to so many.

Quit with you today.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »

scowick - 1/2 year. 'Finger' nicotine. I would have caved this week if it were not for this site. I am clean and you bitch are a whore. If you are a executive of a dip company you best not come near my house today because I will beat your ass. Fuckers. I am in a bad mood, yet, you will not get one cent from me...nor one dip. I win. 'Finger'
Right on, get mad at them fuckers.

Proud to quit with you today.