Author Topic: Today is the day  (Read 12509 times)

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the day
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
Quote from: lwildma2
Amen brother. My addiction drove me from God and I am working on fighting the mindset that drove me away. I have enjoyed reading your posts and am a bit jealous because I let the Devil us my addiction and a bad pastor to drive me from the church.

I am slowly working my way back into the light but overcoming the guilt is killing me. I stopped chewing for 3 days for lent 2 years ago and couldn't do it. I tried on my own and failed. Now I have a brotherhood of support and have started my journey with Christ again.

I am proud to quit with

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11
you today.
That's awesome, Wild!

I'm glad you are reconnecting with Him. I know how it is to be hurt by the church.

Man... I had a hard time reconciling all the fasting I was able to do, but I was dipping and drinking (to get drunk) through it all. It didn't make any sense at all. I can abstain from all this other stuff, but then put the poison in my mouth and liver.

I think that is absolutely amazing though that this process of purification has lead you back to your creator.

God bless you, brother! I quit with you in His name today.

Offline lwildma2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 9-9-15
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
Amen brother. My addiction drove me from God and I am working on fighting the mindset that drove me away. I have enjoyed reading your posts and am a bit jealous because I let the Devil us my addiction and a bad pastor to drive me from the church.

I am slowly working my way back into the light but overcoming the guilt is killing me. I stopped chewing for 3 days for lent 2 years ago and couldn't do it. I tried on my own and failed. Now I have a brotherhood of support and have started my journey with Christ again.

I am proud to quit with

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11
you today.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2015, 09:15:00 AM »
Dipping w/ Jesus? - Carrying the Cross - Ultimate Accountability

1 Peter 4:1-5 says,

"So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. 2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God. 3 You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy—their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.

4 Of course, your former friends are surprised when you no longer plunge into the flood of wild and destructive things they do. So they slander you. 5 But remember that they will have to face God, who stands ready to judge everyone, both the living and the dead."

Turning away from dipping can be a struggle. For me, as a Christian, it wasn't about me. It was about honoring God and being obedient to Him. I won't lie, it was catalyzed by me getting caught by my wife in my ninja ways, however, this alone would not push me to quit and certainly would sustain my quit. If I was doing it for her, the moment she upset me, I'd dip again just in spite of her. The primary reasons all lead back to discipline and obedience to God.

I've shared in recent posts that, as a Christian, my body is a Holy temple and God dwells within it. Therefore, I feel it an obligation to begin ridding my body of toxins such as those found in dip. Furthermore, there is absolutely nothing involved in dipping that serves to honor God for me. Next, scripture says, regarding my marriage, what God has brought together, let no man separate. Well... dipping has served as a point of division in my marriage and my idolization of it places me on the hot seat of creating separation in my own marriage. When God says "let no man separate" that certainly is including me.

With this (plus more) in consideration, I stepped away from Nic 31 days ago. The struggle that I've faced in the midst of this serves to honor God. It hasn't been easy. However, every time I have a crave, which is usually in the midst of stress, I remind myself that I have taken up the cross and am in this struggle to honor God. Shedding this idol is drawing me closer to God. The struggles faced as a Christian will be much greater than quitting Nic. This is really a small sacrifice compared to what I assume God has in store for me sacrificially. Just imagine what Jesus encountered. I won't run through it here. Go read the Gospels of John, Mark, Luke and Matthew to find that out. As you read them, you'll see that Jesus was presented with many stressful situations. I can only imagine being in his shoes (or sandals.) However, I couldn't imagine Jesus taking a step away from His stressful God-willed sacrificial life to throw in a dip. No, he was greater than this. When He was reaching His breaking point in the flesh, He retreated to a place alone and talked to His Father. He pleaded with His Father to end the pain, the burden. He didn't throw in a fat dip. He provided us an example of what to do when under stress.

As we turn away from dipping, it is possible that old friends might poke fun at us or tempt us. There is a strange "manliness" to daring to kill yourself slowly. There are a lot of strange things related to present day perceptions of masculinity, but that's for another post.

If you are Christian and you are quitting dip... you have a perfect example of who to follow during this journey (Jesus.) At the core of it with all the fog, moodiness, withdrawals, etc... you are fighting the flesh. Keep fighting the good fight and stick in there to honor God. Don't let the devil tempt you in the desert. It's not about your wife, your family, or even yourself... it's about God.

Some people do not want to step into this particular spiritual realm that we walk in. Remember that it is worth it though and there is an abundance of accountability and great wisdom to help you navigate this strange land void of Nic.

As I've been working to suppress my desires to chase this poison around, God's will for my life is being revealed more and more. For that, I'm thankful.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
Day 28 - Caving - Spreading Strife Among Brothers  Sisters

I was in chat in recent days and had a good conversation with a brother in quit. We were in disagreement about what someone said recently in the forum. I had expressed discontent with a moment of venting that someone had. I felt that their outburst in the forum created discord and was uncalled for. In the midst of our disagreement, this brother expressed to me that he hadn't liked me for a while, ever since I spun his words out of context. I asked him what it was regarding. He retrieved the post and sent the link. I read it and I agreed, I was a jerk. I basically translated a heart to heart this brother was having with a new quitter by saying, "fuck yourself and jump in the water." I didn't mean this in a bad way. I was basically saying that this brother needs to get real with himself and ditch the dip right here, right now. This is not my normal approach in life. It is not me. I was new to KTC and quickly got swept into the river of militancy that some cultivate around here. It was in my control though whether I wanted to jump in the river with them so I take blame. I did in this moment and it was a bad idea. I apologized to my brother for trying to pull him in the river as well. It was stupid of me.

Proverbs 6:16-19 says,

There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

1) Haughty eyes, (Haughty means "arrogantly superior")
2) A lying tongue,
3) And hands that shed innocent blood,
4) A heart that devises wicked plans,
5) Feet that run rapidly to evil,
6) A false witness who utters lies,
7) And one who spreads strife among brothers.

We have rules here in KTC. However, sometimes, how some people apply them go directly against what I am called to do as a Christian. I can't participate in the same way. This doesn't mean that I have to maintain a gentle hand with everything, void of accountability. However, I see a variety of things unfold in moments when a reluctant quitter steps in and/or a caver reenters the world of KTC.

Some in KTC carry haughty eyes with them as that number to the right of their handle increases. However, as we've seen from even the post that my fellow DOG, FWLPLAY shared today, you can be on day #900 one day and day #1 on the next.

Also, lying tongues fly around and false witnesses come out of the woodwork in the forums when holding cavers accountable. People come in to stir the pot so that someone can "feel the burn" of reentering KTC after caving on yourself and brothers/sisters. I have come to see people stretch the truth in order to bring shock and attention to someone's failure to uphold their oath.

Certainly, wicked plans are devised once a caver steps back in. Backdoor conversations start and "shitnados" are planned.

Of course, once the "shitnado" starts... many feet run rapidly to the evil, jump in, and contribute to the fire that was started. Some from people who don't do anything else, but post roll.

Most noticeably, what happens is that people intentionally spread strife among brothers/sisters because it "brings that group together." Well... it doesn't really work and this has been proven time and time again. It only works temporarily. If a group's bonding is dependent on an "outside threat", then it will have to seek (and often create) an "outside threat" regularly in order to stay bonded. Otherwise, that group won't be consistently bonded. That is not a solid foundation. It is a foundation built on strife. Let's think about that.

I'm not perfect. As I mentioned, I've played into this myself. I've contributed to it in just 28 days in this community.

Yes, we have rules here. However, my primary rule book is God's word and my primary reason for this quit has to do with my faith in Jesus and devotion to God. As a Christian, I believe in Colossians 1:27 which tells me that Christ is in me, the hope of glory. I also believe in 1 Corinthians 6:19 that reminds me that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirt who is in me, whom I have from God, and that I am not my own.

If Jesus is in me, why in the heck would I stick toxins in my body? Why would I poison my creator and myself? Additionally, it would be hypocritical of me to have this as my reason for quitting and maintain a separate set of rules to stay quit. I have to honor God no matter the scenario. It's hard to stay obedient to that though, especially when the current of the river can be so strong. Luckily, I can always ignore that which hinders me.

Stay quit today, good people. Not to avoid the "shitnado" though because they will always be created for those who lust for them. Stay quit for something much more constant.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
Hopscotch  Addiction

Most of us, I would imagine, started dipping for childish reasons or for reasons that we don't even know. However, many of us maintained the habit partly because it provided comfort. Sometimes that comfort was sought after to avoid something.

For example, I often think of my addiction to dipping as the ghost of a 15 yr old boy trying to fit in. This was a little boy that was plopped in the middle of a community that he didn't fit in well with. To make a long story, short... the boy began dipping and drinking hard liquor out the bottle because that is what got him cred in said community. For that boy, the dipping was a mask to wear.

Obviously, I was that 15 year old boy. Dipping brought me comfort and security in that environment. I was seeking protection from a group of boys who had obviously been lead astray during their youth. They didn't like "my kind." So it was the old "can't beat 'em, join 'em." Man how I wish I had Jesus Christ in my life at that time. It would have completely changed the game for me. Instead, I found comfort in Nic and Liq and a few other masks...

So what is it that you were hiding from? Now that you are quit, is it just about shedding the nicotine and oral fixation? Or is there something deeper there that needs to be addressed? Maybe it's not just about the Nic... if it is something deeper, don't just play hopscotch like I did from addiction to addiction. Confront the issue that your distracting yourself from. Seek God for answers.

Stay strong! Stay quit!

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Nobody is Special or Everybody is - Day 26 Reflection

I started dipping back when I was about 15 years old. Since then, I've stopped on 3 major occasions that I can think of. This is my first quit though.

Of the three other occasions, the most recent was just a couple years ago. I had stopped for 2 years. Then, one day... I was at a conference in NY. I had a hotel room all to myself. It was a long conference day and I was stressed out. It was then and there, just me and Nic... I caved. Nobody was watching. Then the madness came in like flood waters. I was avoiding people for the rest of the conference, convincing myself that I needed "time to myself." I was losing out on valuable time to network and fellowship with colleagues across the country. Why? So I could get back to my hotel room and stick those little bullets in my cheek.

Before, I tried to do it alone... well, with God watching, but that was it. Obviously, I rebelled against His desire for me and broke my promise to Him or I wouldn't be here on Day 26. That's who I am ultimately accountable with this quit. Not my wife, not even myself... this is about honoring God. I come from a belief that God is in me. If God is in me, why am I stuffing toxins inside of me with Him? Am I trying to poison my creator? Can't happen. No more.

I appreciate the support from "the vets" on here. I respect anyone who has quit and maintained that quit for an extended period. However, no one in here is special or everybody is. Sometimes in the process of "holding people accountable" we can become overzealous with a need to play teacher. You know the people. No matter what you say and do, they have a desire to feel needed and/or to be in the lead so they will give you advice no matter what you say. They are not even listening to you. They are thinking about how to respond to you and lead you. However, as someone who has been in many positions of leadership, I can tell you that the most pragmatic forms of mentorship are not always advising and directing someone... sometimes, people just need support and fellowship. Sometimes they don't need words... they need someone and something to watch.

This is especially true for us men. We have been nurtured in many ways to believe we always have to take the lead and that leadership looks a certain way. Sometimes the best leadership is to practice followership. That's difficult for ego-driven men though. When we are in a position as an elder or a more experienced person or "a vet", sometimes it's worth it to take a step back and ask ourselves:

"Why am I trying to lead this person? Is this for them or is this fulfilling an internal desire of my own?"

Sometimes we think that our experience and age alone should afford us favor amongst our peers. This experience and age serves almost as a form of currency. Maybe our badge of honor aka the "fine clothes" we wear comes in the form of a big number after our handle when we post roll. However, if we are humbly approaching our service to one another, wisdom will naturally come. It will be that wisdom that actually takes lead and it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to verbalize our leadership all the time.

A little scripture to consider (James 2:1-13)... none of us are special or everybody is

My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism. 2 Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3 If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4 have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Can_I_Kick_It?
Quote from: canless2014
Can_I_Kick_It:

Solid thread here. Great quit advice and you've got me pumped up about my quit (and yours haha) today.

Saw the post at the top of your page about date night. Reminded me of something Tuco wrote a while back, not sure if you've seen it (topic/11175821/1/#new)

Also, "estallar la burbuja", hablas español mae? Estoy aquí en Costa Rica por si quieres un QUITTER que habla español. (No sé una traducción perfecta de quitter, el diccionario dice derrotista pero eso significa alguna persona que abandona fácilmente una cosa, y rechazo la definición!)
Thanks for the support, my brother.

I will have to translate your Spanish. I know VERY LIMITED.

Yeah, I read that Truco post at some point over the last 25 days. Good stuff.

I quit with you today brother.
¿Costa Rica? Apuesto a que el clima es más cálido que aquí en Michigan ahora.

Está bien si no tenemos traducción para " desertor ". Tal vez se nos llama " dejar de fumar tabaco? "

Por cierto, yo no hablo español . Estoy usando el traductor de Google . Acabo de tener el impulso de escribir ese título en español . No sé por qué ...

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »
Quote from: canless2014
Can_I_Kick_It:

Solid thread here. Great quit advice and you've got me pumped up about my quit (and yours haha) today.

Saw the post at the top of your page about date night. Reminded me of something Tuco wrote a while back, not sure if you've seen it (topic/11175821/1/#new)

Also, "estallar la burbuja", hablas español mae? Estoy aquí en Costa Rica por si quieres un QUITTER que habla español. (No sé una traducción perfecta de quitter, el diccionario dice derrotista pero eso significa alguna persona que abandona fácilmente una cosa, y rechazo la definición!)
Thanks for the support, my brother.

I will have to translate your Spanish. I know VERY LIMITED.

Yeah, I read that Truco post at some point over the last 25 days. Good stuff.

I quit with you today brother.

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »
Can_I_Kick_It:

"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: worktowin
ODAAT  Day #1 is Always Lurking

Accountability is important. Accountability is vital. This is especially true when you are trying to kill a can before it kills you. Sometimes though, we can have a distorted perspective of what accountability is. Accountability is "an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions."

Accountability is not just lurking around the corner every other minute to point out a perceived mistake. Of course, this may be PART of it, but this is not accountability in and of itself. If accountability is about having an obligation to accept your responsibility, we first have to consider what is our responsibility in this community.

Here are a few things of what I've been able to make of responsibilities in this community in my first month:

1) Post roll EDD

2) Connect w/ your quit group

3) Stay engaged w/ your quit group to keep one another accountable

4) Connect with vets and stay engaged with them

5) Share your journey -- this is for you and the community -- iron sharpens iron, now whip out your sword (awkward moment)

6) Read the trials, tribulations, and successes of those who came, conquered and even those who stumbled before you. WOW's, HOF's, HOL's, etc...

7) Support others by posting support in other groups, old and newbies. The closer you are to posting an average of 1.0 posts/day, the more likely you are that guy/gal who posts roll and goes ghost. Take the time to support others!

We can learn a lot from one another, old and new. I respect those who have quit long before me and have stuck to it. Stay strong and stay quit! However, this accolade only gets us so far. I know what it is like to quit solo for an extended period of time (even up to 2 years) and cave. It doesn't matter if you are on day 25 or received a comma (1,000 days)... we are all in the same boat and any one of us can slip and fall off with JUST ONE MISTAKE. We are all one mistake away from day #1. Therefore, stay accountable, keep others accountable, but also... stay humble because it doesn't matter how far down this road you are, one mistake and it is day #1.

Romans 12:16 says, "Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited."
Don't ever forget that you typed this.

A dude that would be celebrating a comma this month caved last month. 900+ days. He posted the same nonsense all cavers post initially when pressed for why he caved. After pressuring him a bit, he admitted that he had gotten lax in posting daily and didn't have a phone full of connections that he stayed in contact with.

The only people who cave after HOF are those who don't post daily.

Worktowin 1,031 (haven't missed a day yet)
This makes me want to QLF all day today. This is awesome stuff CIKI, and I'm damn proud to post my promise with you every single day. Keep cataloguing these thoughts and concerns, it helps newbies and vets alike. Keep killing it, you're one bad ass quitter.
Thanks, brother! I quit with you today. Thanks for your support and helping out so many people.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin

Accountability is important. Accountability is vital. This is especially true when you are trying to kill a can before it kills you. Sometimes though, we can have a distorted perspective of what accountability is. Accountability is "an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions."

Accountability is not just lurking around the corner every other minute to point out a perceived mistake. Of course, this may be PART of it, but this is not accountability in and of itself. If accountability is about having an obligation to accept your responsibility, we first have to consider what is our responsibility in this community.

Here are a few things of what I've been able to make of responsibilities in this community in my first month:

1) Post roll EDD

5) Share your journey -- this is for you and the community -- iron sharpens iron, now whip out your sword (awkward moment)

6) Read the trials, tribulations, and successes of those who came, conquered and even those who stumbled before you. WOW's, HOF's, HOL's, etc...

7) Support others by posting support in other groups, old and newbies. The closer you are to posting an average of 1.0 posts/day, the more likely you are that guy/gal who posts roll and goes ghost. Take the time to support others!

We can learn a lot from one another, old and new. I respect those who have quit long before me and have stuck to it. Stay strong and stay quit! However, this accolade only gets us so far. I know what it is like to quit solo for an extended period of time (even up to 2 years) and cave. It doesn't matter if you are on day 25 or received a comma (1,000 days)... we are all in the same boat and any one of us can slip and fall off with JUST ONE MISTAKE. We are all one mistake away from day #1. Therefore, stay accountable, keep others accountable, but also... stay humble because it doesn't matter how far down this road you are, one mistake and it is day #1.

Romans 12:16 says, "Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited."

A dude that would be celebrating a comma this month caved last month. 900+ days. He posted the same nonsense all cavers post initially when pressed for why he caved. After pressuring him a bit, he admitted that he had gotten lax in posting daily and didn't have a phone full of connections that he stayed in contact with.

This makes me want to QLF all day today. This is awesome stuff CIKI, and I'm damn proud to post my promise with you every single day. Keep cataloguing these thoughts and concerns, it helps newbies and vets alike. Keep killing it, you're one bad ass quitter.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »

1) Post roll EDD

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »

1) Post roll EDD

Offline Can_I_Kick_It?

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
Tres semanas sin Tabaco - estallar la burbuja
Three weeks without tobacco - pop the bubble

It's been 21 days without dip. Life is good. I have the fog from time to time, but I fight through it. Most of the time, those cravings or that fog, only lasts for a short while. The trick is to not get yourself stuck in a bubble of that particular emotion at that time. It's easy to have anxiety or a panic attack if you allow the devil to suck you into that bubble of that moment for too long... it can get ugly, if you let it.

What is the bubble? The bubble is that moment when you have a craving, when you have the fog, or when you almost feel outside of your body. It can be like driving on the highway and suddenly becoming increasingly conscious that you are driving 75 miles per hour. You can come consumed for the moment of that idea and think of the negative possibilities. Oh my God!!! I want to dip! Oh my God!! I feel weird! Oh my God!!! I don't feel myself! Oh my God!!! I could die if I crashed right now! So... just calm your ass down.

Be conscious of the bubble and what it means. Poke around it a little to get comfortable with it. I am suggesting that you simply get acquainted with the feeling. It will happen again. If you know what it is when it comes, you will know that it won't last if you don't let it. If you know it won't last, you'll be less likely to be sucked into that bubble for a longer period of time. It will eventually pop just like a soap bubble.

Just remember... when the bubble comes... you are the one that controls how long it lasts. Don't extend it's life by freaking out... just enjoy the ride, smirk at Nic, at let it ride out.

'oh yeah'

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2015, 10:51:00 PM »
Day 18 -- Creating Community

It's an awesome feeling to have people supporting you. Especially people who know exactly what you are going through. For a long time, many of us have went ninja and when we stopped for a bit, we'd do it with a buddy. It never worked.

An individual can kick a can, but a community can kill it.

Once the honeymoon stage of the first couple weeks settled in, I was reminded that life with KTC was more than just posting roll, supporting my DOGs, sharing my journey, and reading of the wisdom of others. We have a responsibility to rope in others who have been pimped by Nic. It's not that we should get lost in a co-dependency of saving others... however, we need to be there to receive others who are willing to help themselves.

This place isn't just a supermarket that you pop into and pick what you need from the shelves. Once you get settled and find your own rhythm, what are you doing to contribute to the acclimation of others???

Stay strong! Stay quit! Kick the pimp!
Right on! Right on! You go you badass quitter! Well said. Keep paying it forward, it only gets better! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD