Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29954 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Way to go man!!!! It was one hell of a ride for you and I am very proud of you.
I'm glad to see this dave. Good job!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:00 AM »
Way to go man!!!! It was one hell of a ride for you and I am very proud of you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
DippinDave911 – This single quitter lives in Hill, HN and is currently dating his high school sweetheart for going on 5 years now. No kids yet! He started dipping at the ripe age of 15, and dipped almost anything mint. Dave indicated that in the event of an accident like the Nic Bitch showing up on the train his emergency contact is a KTC All-Points-Bulletin (bud if that bitch jumps on here I will have my foot on her throat). The craziest thing this quitter did was that he jumped off a ski lift in sixth grade with a friend, he was on a snowboard, I had on skis and dropped 25’ and snapped my tib-fib; didn’t feel it till they reset the bone (ouch). Dave is going to spend day 100 by going to work, then might go buy that rifle he’s had his eyes after saving over 800 dollars by not buying dip. November, beware DD911 is planning on signing up for 200 days, so he too will be waiting for you on the train. This quitter's favorite movie is Braveheart and his favorite TV show is Revolution. This quitter has been working in factories his whole life and stated “that is what happens when you waste your time in school trying to find your next can”.
Dave is driving nothing at the moment with a94 Mazda b3000 pickup in the shop; looking at getting a 80s k5 blazer to convert to pick up. This quitter likes taking things apart. Not so good at putting back together. I like to see how things work and I like to mickey rig things with other things IÂ’ve taken apart. Currently tearing down junk computer towers for scrap, eBay is my most recent hobby. His favorite Avatar is actually the one generated by his nickname bestowed upon him by a Veteran Quitter. Dave is afraid of anyone getting on his ass, because if they're getting on his ass he is doing something wrong. This guy know from experience by caving, then venting and getting his ass handed to him a couple of times (brother I am proud of the KTC quitter you have become).
Pretty much everyone has been a huge inspiration, especially the vets. Dave has had a lot of help from a lot of people: Dean, Shane, James, Mitchell, Shawn (sorry if I missed someone) have been with me through it all. Special shout-out to Pat. I get the pleasure of coming home from work knowing that he will be in live chat; we shoot the shit almost every night, itÂ’s great having someone I know I can talk to almost all the time, especially when IÂ’m at home where I have very limited cell service.
cowboy
Congrats brother, now sit down, strap in, and let's roll! - Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
DippinDave911 – This single quitter lives in Hill, HN and is currently dating his high school sweetheart for going on 5 years now. No kids yet! He started dipping at the ripe age of 15, and dipped almost anything mint. Dave indicated that in the event of an accident like the Nic Bitch showing up on the train his emergency contact is a KTC All-Points-Bulletin (bud if that bitch jumps on here I will have my foot on her throat). The craziest thing this quitter did was that he jumped off a ski lift in sixth grade with a friend, he was on a snowboard, I had on skis and dropped 25’ and snapped my tib-fib; didn’t feel it till they reset the bone (ouch). Dave is going to spend day 100 by going to work, then might go buy that rifle he’s had his eyes after saving over 800 dollars by not buying dip. November, beware DD911 is planning on signing up for 200 days, so he too will be waiting for you on the train. This quitter's favorite movie is Braveheart and his favorite TV show is Revolution. This quitter has been working in factories his whole life and stated “that is what happens when you waste your time in school trying to find your next can”.
Dave is driving nothing at the moment with a94 Mazda b3000 pickup in the shop; looking at getting a 80s k5 blazer to convert to pick up. This quitter likes taking things apart. Not so good at putting back together. I like to see how things work and I like to mickey rig things with other things IÂ’ve taken apart. Currently tearing down junk computer towers for scrap, eBay is my most recent hobby. His favorite Avatar is actually the one generated by his nickname bestowed upon him by a Veteran Quitter. Dave is afraid of anyone getting on his ass, because if they're getting on his ass he is doing something wrong. This guy know from experience by caving, then venting and getting his ass handed to him a couple of times (brother I am proud of the KTC quitter you have become).
Pretty much everyone has been a huge inspiration, especially the vets. Dave has had a lot of help from a lot of people: Dean, Shane, James, Mitchell, Shawn (sorry if I missed someone) have been with me through it all. Special shout-out to Pat. I get the pleasure of coming home from work knowing that he will be in live chat; we shoot the shit almost every night, itÂ’s great having someone I know I can talk to almost all the time, especially when IÂ’m at home where I have very limited cell service.
cowboy
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Quote from: jrod
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Dave,

I'm glad you fought through and won that battle but not reaching out was foolish. Your excuse about not wanting to bother anyone eating dinner with their family is just dumb. Be honest with yourself... It wasn't about not wanting to bother anyone. It was pride.

You're gonna have to lay that pride down sometimes and reach out for help. You're still wanting to be the big strong lone wolf. It's just not necessary.

Glad you're quit. Next time though... Let someone stand beside you. It does everyone good when that happens. Think of it this way: You denied your brothers a chance to help you out which could have strengthened their own quit. And if they are ever in trouble... You denied yourself the opportunity to return the favor.
Read LHG's post. Seriously, Dave.

To remove this excuse, make sure you have numbers for folks in each time zone. I'm in CA if you need a west coast number. East Coast dinner is West Coast work day.
Wise words, but let me make a suggestion here - reach out NOW when things are good. Dont just get a bunch of numbers for use in an emergency. You wont use them. "Brotherhood" is not just a word thrown in to balance the equation of "Brotherhood + Accountability = Success." It is a VITAL part of it. You dont build brotherhood during emergencies, you call on it. There are literally dozens of quitters I could call on at any time and I know they would answer or respond in some way ASAP. I text with a bunch of them at least weekly. I have talked to a bunch of them on the phone, and at least two or three I have met in person (working on meeting more).

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT SPELUNKING PLANNING SESSION BEGINS! Reach out now! Texting is a great way to break the ice, and also a quick way to find out if you would be disturbing their dinner or family time or naps or whatever other excuse you can think of NOT to make the call.

Good work powering through on your own, but you aren't grasping the full power of KTC. Build your brotherhood, be accountable, and you will ensure your success. No more lone ranger, we all have been there tried that and have the failed stops to prove it. If you need a number, PM me and you can have mine.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
I know it is a poor excuse. I did go into live chat, but it was empty.

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Dave,

I'm glad you fought through and won that battle but not reaching out was foolish. Your excuse about not wanting to bother anyone eating dinner with their family is just dumb. Be honest with yourself... It wasn't about not wanting to bother anyone. It was pride.

You're gonna have to lay that pride down sometimes and reach out for help. You're still wanting to be the big strong lone wolf. It's just not necessary.

Glad you're quit. Next time though... Let someone stand beside you. It does everyone good when that happens. Think of it this way: You denied your brothers a chance to help you out which could have strengthened their own quit. And if they are ever in trouble... You denied yourself the opportunity to return the favor.
Read LHG's post. Seriously, Dave.

To remove this excuse, make sure you have numbers for folks in each time zone. I'm in CA if you need a west coast number. East Coast dinner is West Coast work day.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
Dave,

QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2013, 01:52:00 AM »
A little update, havent done this in a while.

Had a REALLY bad anxiety attack at work tonight. Had a migraine all weekend then I get to work and its like walking into a wall of fog. I have to say, I counted myself lucky for I never really felt terribly foggy early in my quit. Sure, I was tired and lazy but not anything out of sorts for the typical american I am.

Tonight I got a nasty taste of all the fog I hadnt yet felt and then some. Felt like I was watching myself from outside my body. Everything was in slow motion. Really fucked up. Soon as those ear plugs went in, BAM. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

About two hours into work I started getting cold. Im in a 90+ degree factory for fucks sake! Legit freezing. What the hell? The headache comes back, just about knocks me on my ass. Temples pulsating, behind my eyes burning. Thats just scratching the surface.

I starting feeling funny. I know thats vague but im not sure how else to explain it. I wasnt dizzy at all, but a couple times I stumbled, or tripped on thin air. What the hell is going on?

Then comes the paranoia. I have no idea why, I have no idea what I was paranoid about. My eyes darted all over the place. I kept jumping at every noise. (And like I said, im in a factory; there is a TON of noise)

Then my mind started traveling. Thinking thoughts that were not my own. I could leave work early. I can go to the store and buy a can. Yes, a can. That would help.

I spent over an hour telling myself that this is what I would do. Then my mind took made a sharp U-turn. Conversations ive had with my brothers here fluttered through my mind. Guys early on in my quit saying my cave was the most premeditated cave they had seen. What was I thinking now? I was planning a cave AGAIN.

I thought to call a brother on my break, but then I got to thinking they would be eating dinner with their families. I didnt want to bother them. They are quit. They deserve family time.

My mind was going nuts. I got my boss over, told him I was leaving early. I did. I had to call for a ride, so I walked to the store. I stopped at the counter and just stared at all the cans. It would be so easy to just buy one can. Just one. Just one dip and I would feel better. I had to.

I wasnt ready to check-out though. I needed some tylenol for my head first. I found some and was walking back to the counter when I noticed something that caught my eye.

A bag of dill pickle sunflower seeds. That sparked yet another memory. I chose the seeds over the can. Thanks, Grizzfall.

This is how my night went. I got home and devoured that bag with pleasure. (your right grizz, alot easier on the cheek)

Now just a lingering headache. I guess if there is anything to learn from this, its that the Nic Bitch CAN sneak up on you at ANYTIME.

Be wary brothers, and FUCK ANXIETY!

NAFAR,

DD911 - Day 89.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: BearHawk
Quote from: PaddyMac02
Quote from: DippinDave911
(If at all possible, could this be posted into Words of Wisdom) Hang in there ladies, its gonna be a long one....

Understanding the Wolf Pack Mentality

In nature, wolves form packs for a variety of reasons. Stability. Order. Survival. (To name a few)

Stability. "All for one, and one for all." -Alexandre Dumas (The Three Musketeers) Just like wolves work together to survive, every quitter here relies on his brothers. On members of his pack, so to speak. You are here to quit. If you stumble, someone will help you up. Ask, and you shall receive. Every brother here will go out of his way to help you. We are a community, a pack. When we work together, we are unstoppable.

Order. “Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.” -Henry Brooks Adams   Without order, a pack would not exist. This community would not exist. Order is the glue that keeps us together. Stick to the KTC recipe, and you will get a perfect result every time. "If it aint broke, dont fix it." The hard work has been done for you; Simply walk in the tracks left by those who went before you. Everyone has their place. Step in line, drink the KTC kool-aide, rinse-repeat.

Survival. “He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality, and will never, therefore, make any progress." -Anwar Sadat Taking the step towards quitting dip is the best thing you will have ever done for yourself. Look at it like this; If wolves do not eat, they will die. If you do not quit dip, you will die. I know, its a rough comparison, but you get the point. KTC has all the tools you need to survive, you just have to use them. (Dont forget to eat, drink and breathe though.)

These three traits help hold a pack together. They also help hold this community together. We help one another in our quits. We drink the kool-aide. And we post roll every damn day. Stability, Order, Survival. You cannot have one or the other. This is a package deal and they all work in unison to achieve one goal.

Just remember, there are two sides to every coin.

So you've been on the site for awhile. Your quit is going strong, you feel great. Maybe some of these thoughts are going through your nicotine deprived mind:
  • Posting roll is such a pain.
  • Im cured.
  • I've been clean for 6 weeks, I can do this on my own.

Uh-oh. If you are thinking any of these thoughts, take a step back now. Protect your survival. After all, these thoughts are nothing more than the Nic B*tch whispering to you. You've deprived her of your company for so long she will pull all sorts of nasty tricks to win you back. If you are at this point, you are walking a fine line between The Wolf Pack and The Lone Wolf. Real Life and Death stuff here.

Lone Wolf
About 50 days into my quit, I thought I could do it alone. I made no real effort to post roll, I was constantly picking fights with anyone who would fight back. Screw the brotherhood, the hell with the kool-aide, I dont need a site to be quit.
Instability
Chaos
Extinction

Instability. “I want a 100% kind of relationship, and I’m willing to give it 50%.
” -Jarod Kintz As soon as you walk away, you lose the support of everyone. You are just what you set off to be, alone. When the cravings hit, you are alone in your endeavor. No one is there to guide you through the fog, no one is there to lend a hand when you need it most. You are ALONE.

Chaos. “In chaos, there is fertility.” - Anaïs Nin And in fertility looms a dark and inviting cave. For the cave is the home of the Nic B*tch. She will your guide in the collapse of your quit. The cave seems oddly inviting, there is a familiarity about it.

Extinction. “Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -Carl Sagan Once you enter the cave, you are selling your soul to the devil. You will die. Plain and simple.

If going lone wolf was such a grand idea, dont you think we would all be doing it? Fact is, you cant do it. Not no way, not no how. Surely there is that one in a million guy that can, but do you really want to risk your life that its you?

Fear not! All is not lost. Simply take a step back. Utilize the tools at your disposal. Own your quit. Post roll every damn day! Talk to your brothers. Fact is, every last one of these guys has gone through the same thoughts you are having right now!

Dont be a special butterfly... Be an appreciated member of the pack! As much as you need us, we need you.

Read, read and read. And when your done reading, read some more. Read until your eyes are bleeding so bad you have something else to think about than walking away. Its simply not worth it.

Get your brothers numbers. Call them up, text them, do what it takes to strengthen your quit. Cause when your quit is strong, the pack is stronger for it.

Understand the Wolf Pack Mentality. If you're not already, become a proud member of our pack and QLF! If you're walking that line, think about what you have to lose.
Bump.
Now that is a great read and enlightening. Being a Bear kind of guy I am a loner for the most part but I find the gifts of the group here work wonders. I tried a thousand times to do it alone ... didn't work. Being here at least once a day as a member of the "Pack" I find that stability I need to keep it quit ... besides I really don't like getting my ass chewed by a bunch of strange guys ... I get enough of that at work ... so keeping quit and posting roll keep me quit.
You guys are really pulling together in November, I am glad to see that. Keep up the good work....The train will pulling into November soon for you guys!

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: PaddyMac02
(If at all possible, could this be posted into Words of Wisdom) Hang in there ladies, its gonna be a long one....

In nature, wolves form packs for a variety of reasons. Stability. Order. Survival. (To name a few)

Stability. "All for one, and one for all." -Alexandre Dumas (The Three Musketeers) Just like wolves work together to survive, every quitter here relies on his brothers. On members of his pack, so to speak. You are here to quit. If you stumble, someone will help you up. Ask, and you shall receive. Every brother here will go out of his way to help you. We are a community, a pack. When we work together, we are unstoppable.

Order. “Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.” -Henry Brooks Adams  Without order, a pack would not exist. This community would not exist. Order is the glue that keeps us together. Stick to the KTC recipe, and you will get a perfect result every time. "If it aint broke, dont fix it." The hard work has been done for you; Simply walk in the tracks left by those who went before you. Everyone has their place. Step in line, drink the KTC kool-aide, rinse-repeat.

Survival. “He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality, and will never, therefore, make any progress." -Anwar Sadat Taking the step towards quitting dip is the best thing you will have ever done for yourself. Look at it like this; If wolves do not eat, they will die. If you do not quit dip, you will die. I know, its a rough comparison, but you get the point. KTC has all the tools you need to survive, you just have to use them. (Dont forget to eat, drink and breathe though.)

These three traits help hold a pack together. They also help hold this community together. We help one another in our quits. We drink the kool-aide. And we post roll every damn day. Stability, Order, Survival. You cannot have one or the other. This is a package deal and they all work in unison to achieve one goal.

So you've been on the site for awhile. Your quit is going strong, you feel great. Maybe some of these thoughts are going through your nicotine deprived mind:
  • Im cured.
Uh-oh. If you are thinking any of these thoughts, take a step back now. Protect your survival. After all, these thoughts are nothing more than the Nic B*tch whispering to you. You've deprived her of your company for so long she will pull all sorts of nasty tricks to win you back. If you are at this point, you are walking a fine line between The Wolf Pack and The Lone Wolf. Real Life and Death stuff here.

Lone Wolf
About 50 days into my quit, I thought I could do it alone. I made no real effort to post roll, I was constantly picking fights with anyone who would fight back. Screw the brotherhood, the hell with the kool-aide, I dont need a site to be quit.
Instability
Chaos
Extinction

Instability. “I want a 100% kind of relationship, and I’m willing to give it 50%.
” -Jarod Kintz As soon as you walk away, you lose the support of everyone. You are just what you set off to be, alone. When the cravings hit, you are alone in your endeavor. No one is there to guide you through the fog, no one is there to lend a hand when you need it most. You are ALONE.

Chaos. “In chaos, there is fertility.” - Anaïs Nin And in fertility looms a dark and inviting cave. For the cave is the home of the Nic B*tch. She will your guide in the collapse of your quit. The cave seems oddly inviting, there is a familiarity about it.

Extinction. “Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -Carl Sagan Once you enter the cave, you are selling your soul to the devil. You will die. Plain and simple.

If going lone wolf was such a grand idea, dont you think we would all be doing it? Fact is, you cant do it. Not no way, not no how. Surely there is that one in a million guy that can, but do you really want to risk your life that its you?

Fear not! All is not lost. Simply take a step back. Utilize the tools at your disposal. Own your quit. Post roll every damn day! Talk to your brothers. Fact is, every last one of these guys has gone through the same thoughts you are having right now!

Dont be a special butterfly... Be an appreciated member of the pack! As much as you need us, we need you.

Read, read and read. And when your done reading, read some more. Read until your eyes are bleeding so bad you have something else to think about than walking away. Its simply not worth it.

Get your brothers numbers. Call them up, text them, do what it takes to strengthen your quit. Cause when your quit is strong, the pack is stronger for it.

Understand the Wolf Pack Mentality. If you're not already, become a proud member of our pack and QLF! If you're walking that line, think about what you have to lose.
Bump.
Now that is a great read and enlightening. Being a Bear kind of guy I am a loner for the most part but I find the gifts of the group here work wonders. I tried a thousand times to do it alone ... didn't work. Being here at least once a day as a member of the "Pack" I find that stability I need to keep it quit ... besides I really don't like getting my ass chewed by a bunch of strange guys ... I get enough of that at work ... so keeping quit and posting roll keep me quit.
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline PaddyMac02

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #265 on: October 23, 2013, 05:11:00 AM »

Order. “Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.” -Henry Brooks Adams Without order, a pack would not exist. This community would not exist. Order is the glue that keeps us together. Stick to the KTC recipe, and you will get a perfect result every time. "If it aint broke, dont fix it." The hard work has been done for you; Simply walk in the tracks left by those who went before you. Everyone has their place. Step in line, drink the KTC kool-aide, rinse-repeat.

• Im cured.

Lone Wolf
Instability
Chaos
Extinction

Bump.

Offline Ron_Cross

• Quitter
  • I am quit
  • Quit Date: 8/30/2013
  • Interests: Started my own CPA firm!
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #264 on: October 23, 2013, 01:12:00 AM »
Thanks for posting that Dave. We are like packs and rightly so. Accountability and brotherhood breed success. Your outlook has changed so much. Again, thanks for that post.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
You know...I was pulling for you from day one and now I just plain ol' don't care for you. I hope you stay quit but I hope you do it somewhere else.
I think I am starting to like you gain.... :o
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
hmmm....ill see what i can do. thank you LHG