Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 8256 times)

Offline Sleestak

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Quote from: nebraskadad58
Quote from: Adigg
Quote from: wmcatty
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is.  It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past.  He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll.  He caved on several occasions.  He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group.  By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions.  This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket.  I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

Skoal Monster would prefer that Scott go elsewhere.
Morgan1 agrees with Skoal Monster.
Seth will leave KTC if Administration allows Scott to stay on KTC.
Jhaenel23 was very cognizant of the seriousness of the infractions.
Jost2brown feels that support is actually enabling.
Gmann would not roll out the red carpet and questioned if Wastepanel was sucking off Scott.
Wastepanel said KTC forgives past mistakes and questioned if Gmann was still on his knee pads.
Diesel was so upset he even told a new August Quitter to blow it out his ass.
Kana is supportive of anyone who quits the nicotine.
Romandog recommended that Scott go elsewhere to quit. He is also ready to leave KTC.
Scott is taking his lumps and posted Day 3 today, apparently telling his adversaries to fuck off.

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41.  He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts.  He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site.  He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked up…and he would support Scott in his quit.  Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his ass…and then told him to fuck off!  Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart.  If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple.  So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog.  In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day.  Adios and stay quit.
This has to be by far one of the best posts IÂ’ve seen on KTC! Nice work Catty!
Been watching this thread as well for a day and think, WTF IS THIS about? \

I am 15 days + 1hr, and 20 minutes into my quit.

I am a 54 old man, been around the block for quite a while.

What I see in this thread is the statements of a bunch of self anointed divas and insecure man babies.
In AA we call ya'll 2 steppers. Look it up.

if the ranting anger is what you people call recovery, Good luck in your quit, cause that is ALL you have. IF your QUIT IS based on FEAR and Anger, then Good Luck.

ya'll give one little ol' slipper this much power over YOUR QUIT, then YOUR QUIT is pretty fucking shallow. Seems there are a lot of people who are consumed by the actions this one fucking pigeon, you've given him a lot of time. IF you base YOUR recovery on the actions of one person, you are not going to survive. Resenting this guy which some of you do it going to bleed you and make you crave like a fucking big dog.

Some of ya'll may be quit today, some of you may be 100 days or beyond, your collective anger IS a problem for the "group", terrorizing one sorry arsed remorse filled addict, and brow beating this poor sot into a state of mush. Ya'll need to be proud of yourselves.

I DON'T want some of you self important pricks have. If your QUIT is based on fear and anger then your lives have to be pretty fucking hollow.
I do not think you will find too many quits based on fear or anger in here. What you will find are some people who do not condone or forgive the actions of someone willing to display utter disdain and contempt for the integrity of this site. Stay longer than 15 days and you will see cavers returned to the fold with little more than an appeal to answer a few simple questions. Maybe some grief, especially from ones who have been personally invested in their quit, but they will be forgiven if they are honest and want to be quit.

How people can fail to see the seriousness of what he has done is beyond me. Maybe some of you are still foggy? Scott does not weaken my quit, he made a mockery of this site and a fool of himself in doing so. I am not angry, not afraid, and also not willing to accept his word. In the end that is for his group to decide anyway. If they want to invest in his quit, more power to them and him. I think he should have a forced asterisk next to every roll call post. You know, because he felt like it was OK to post roll with a dip in while his group was legitimately struggling with their addiction.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
When I joined this site I had the utmost respect for "the vets". When they said anything I listened and actually sought out things they had written and would re-read them. Any time they commented on anyone's intro I got excited to read what they had to say. I looked up to them , almost idolized them.

Nowadays a noob will come in and tell a vet to fuck off. Not talking about me either, as I'm just shy of a year quit so by no means am I a vet. The lack of respect for those who built this place is unreal and a little shameful to me.

Guys 2 weeks quit jumping bad like they know the playbook already, or like this is gonna be easy, or that the actions of one does not affect others.

I suppose this is a microcosm of society nowadays. The younger generation doesn't respect shit. I'm not even that old either (39 in a couple weeks) but the overall lack of respect I see on here is disturbing.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Romandog
Quote from: Polish
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is.  It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past.  He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll.  He caved on several occasions.  He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group.  By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions.  This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket.  I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

Gmann would not roll out the red carpet and questioned if Wastepanel was sucking off Scott.
Wastepanel said KTC forgives past mistakes and questioned if Gmann was still on his knee pads.
Romandog recommended that Scott go elsewhere to quit. He is also ready to leave KTC.
Scott is taking his lumps and posted Day 3 today, apparently telling his adversaries to fuck off.

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41.  He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts.  He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site.  He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked up…and he would support Scott in his quit.  Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his ass…and then told him to fuck off!  Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart.  If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple.  So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog.  In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day.  Adios and stay quit.
This site needs a like button! :D
Can we get a hug circle up in this mug... Ill bring the guitar.

Seriously Scott, bro dude you made some mistakes that you should humbly own up to. Throw yourself at the mercy of the KTC court and they might let you stay.
Let go of your pride and understand that what you did is viewed here as wrong and a lot of people have a problem with it.

I would crawl in here and beg for forgiveness. Sometimes a man has to do that in life. It's part of being a man.

I'm sure forgiveness will come a lot easier if you do that.

No one will think any less of you than they already do.
Forgiveness may be granted, but there still need to be consequences...

The integrity of this site requires that.

This isn't the only place to quit.. Being sent to "Lite" is not like being exiled to some remote uninhabited island..

It is basically saying:

"Go where you can quit the way you want to quit".. They will take you with open arms.. They will give you a pep talk and tell you to try again.

KTC isn't for everyone.. Or all of them over there at Lite would be here..

And by the way Polish Workhorse.. If you want group hugs and guitars singing Kumbaya, then Lite is where you will find that.

Here, we try to get rid of the facade of "trying"..

Do or do not, there is no try. Pretty good quote by a REALLLY old little green dude.. (even though he wasn't real)

Maybe you young bucks and newbies should shut up a bit, and understand this site a bit before you come across as such bad asses...

Romandog - Day 765
I'm quit.. Who are you again?
Hey Romandog,
I meant no disrespect. I was simply making a joke, (evidently ill placed and/or ill timed) attempting to lighten up the situation in here.

I have nothing but absolute respect for this site and completely agree with the no slack, "hard core" attitude here.

I am an addict like everyone else and I appreciate this site completely.

What frustrates me is the fact that a decision needs to be made with this guy and no one is stepping up. Who has the authority to decide whether one stays or goes here?

As I said in my previous post, the authority figurehead or heads, need to make a decision, execute that decision, and we can all get on with our quit.

This site needs to shift focus back on our quit and not focusing on one person and his mistakes, no matter how much he offended someone.

The authority figures here need to make a decision so we can all move on and stop whining like a bunch of 4 year olds.
I am confident that the Admins are looking this all over and will come to a decision, if it doesn't resolve itself first.

I do appreciate the fact that they allow us to "police ourselves" as much as possible..

Thanks..

Romandog
I have been kind of slammed at work and have missed much of this, but wmcatty . . . 'clap'
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: Coach
Sounds to me like the issue may have already been decided.....
Quote from: loot
Quote from: scottmacek
scottmacek - day 3 - no chew for me today
LOOT hopes Day 3 kicks you in the teeth, lest you forget. Again.

No more lies fuckstick.
....but Scotty is on a very tight leash. Then again, I've been accused of speaking out of turn and brown nosing ADMIN in the past so by all means....question my judgment.

On a side note.....too soon for a narrative?
Absolutely not!
Please bring your sage narrative Coach. Thank God for KTC.!
:D
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach

No more lies fuckstick.
....but Scotty is on a very tight leash. Then again, I've been accused of speaking out of turn and brown nosing ADMIN in the past so by all means....question my judgment.

Absolutely not!

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Here at the KTC, we do forgive past mistakes.

Trust me.  I should be at 2450 today.  However, I made the mistake of drifting away from the program early in my "quit" so it became a stoppage instead.  I came back with many of the same reservations and insecurities as people like Scott have.

However, and I have heard this from many people, I "owned up and moved on" from my past.  I used my past mistakes to drive my new quit.  I knew that I hadn't made connections with anybody the first time around and I changed that.  I propped up my brothers, and they, in turn, propped me up.  Hell, I ran my first marathon yesterday and the first person I wanted to call was my brother Eafman.  I knew that not soiling nicotine's name daily meant that I was on a slippery slope back to "not using" instead of being quit so I have posted everyday since I returned.  I have stayed active on the boards, and have tried to help as many people be free of nicotine as I physically can.  That, in turn, makes me stronger.

I've heard many people, on the other hand, say that I get a "free pass" to my mistakes.  I've been told that I talk a lot of shit for somebody that is a proven failure and that I shouldn't be so hard on people because I "should understand".  

Ultimately, I don't give a flying fuck what is thought of my past.  This quit is about me.  It's how I view my actions.  In "Rocky Balboa", Rocky tells his son that "It isn’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? That’s how winning is done."

Scott is not going to fail or succeed because of what we say to him.

He will fail or succeed because of what he does.

He has chosen failure 4 times with this program.  He has lied twice.  This is a big problem, and something that I hope he can overcome this time.  (I say hope because I can't do a damn thing to control his actions.)  If he wants to assure that he will not follow that same course again, he better face what he was and has done in the past.  Running from his past will not help.  Ignoring it is the same as running from it.

We move forward because we want to.

Scott, if you're quit, be quit.  Everybody here will help you.  But don't waste our time or expect this place to be a magic elixir.  This quit is you, and until you realize that, you are destined to fail.  Make a plan, and don't let yourself fall into complacency or lie to yourself that nicotine makes the world better.  If that was the case, why have you attempted to quit so often?  How did you feel upon failing?  Upon realizing what you gave up?  Take those feelings and utilize them.  Write them down and reread them every morning if you have to.  DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STAY QUIT.

Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Forget the future.

YOU can do this.
If you have noticed the title under Wastepanel's avatar, you will note that it describes him as a Moderator . Seems to me that all the shit talking about having moderators decide this issue is moot. What do you think? Should we continue to beat this dead horse or move on to quitting? Or do you think we should petition KTC to have Wastepanel removed for not agreeing to ban Scott? Hard ass questions, but its a damned hard ass life. Love you Buttercups!
Wastepanel isn't the only mod. Whatever they decide to do or not do, they will decide to do or not do as a group. All the mods are volunteers and have other things going on in their lives, so decisions probably aren't going to happen in anything near real time.

And nebraskadad, I'm curious as to what part of my posts in this thread suggest that my quit is based on fear and anger? My quit is based on camaradarie and paying it forward, and I would bet that if you asked around, people would support that assertion. I am NOT the guy that gets riled up about things very often.

Put another way, how would you feel if someone came into an AA meeting reeking of booze and slurring their words and stood up and said "Hi, I'm (name) and I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober for 105 days."
The product is worth the process.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »

Trust me.  I should be at 2450 today.  However, I made the mistake of drifting away from the program early in my "quit" so it became a stoppage instead.  I came back with many of the same reservations and insecurities as people like Scott have.

However, and I have heard this from many people, I "owned up and moved on" from my past.  I used my past mistakes to drive my new quit.  I knew that I hadn't made connections with anybody the first time around and I changed that.  I propped up my brothers, and they, in turn, propped me up.  Hell, I ran my first marathon yesterday and the first person I wanted to call was my brother Eafman.  I knew that not soiling nicotine's name daily meant that I was on a slippery slope back to "not using" instead of being quit so I have posted everyday since I returned.  I have stayed active on the boards, and have tried to help as many people be free of nicotine as I physically can.  That, in turn, makes me stronger.

I've heard many people, on the other hand, say that I get a "free pass" to my mistakes.  I've been told that I talk a lot of shit for somebody that is a proven failure and that I shouldn't be so hard on people because I "should understand".  

Ultimately, I don't give a flying fuck what is thought of my past.  This quit is about me.  It's how I view my actions.  In "Rocky Balboa", Rocky tells his son that "It isn’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much can you take and keep moving forward? That’s how winning is done."

He has chosen failure 4 times with this program.  He has lied twice.  This is a big problem, and something that I hope he can overcome this time.  (I say hope because I can't do a damn thing to control his actions.)  If he wants to assure that he will not follow that same course again, he better face what he was and has done in the past.  Running from his past will not help.  Ignoring it is the same as running from it.

Scott, if you're quit, be quit.  Everybody here will help you.  But don't waste our time or expect this place to be a magic elixir.  This quit is you, and until you realize that, you are destined to fail.  Make a plan, and don't let yourself fall into complacency or lie to yourself that nicotine makes the world better.  If that was the case, why have you attempted to quit so often?  How did you feel upon failing?  Upon realizing what you gave up?  Take those feelings and utilize them.  Write them down and reread them every morning if you have to.  DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STAY QUIT.

Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Forget the future.

YOU can do this.
If you have noticed the title under Wastepanel's avatar, you will note that it describes him as a Moderator . Seems to me that all the shit talking about having moderators decide this issue is moot. What do you think? Should we continue to beat this dead horse or move on to quitting? Or do you think we should petition KTC to have Wastepanel removed for not agreeing to ban Scott? Hard ass questions, but its a damned hard ass life. Love you Buttercups!
Don't believe mods can ban people.. Think only Admins can..
Sometimes the best lessons are learned when the class teaches itself........
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

No more lies fuckstick.

Make Your Decision

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »

Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Forget the future.

YOU can do this.
Don't believe mods can ban people.. Think only Admins can..
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

Learn from your past.
Quit for today.
Forget the future.

YOU can do this.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

Seriously Scott, bro dude you made some mistakes that you should humbly own up to. Throw yourself at the mercy of the KTC court and they might let you stay.
Let go of your pride and understand that what you did is viewed here as wrong and a lot of people have a problem with it.

I would crawl in here and beg for forgiveness. Sometimes a man has to do that in life. It's part of being a man.

This isn't the only place to quit.. Being sent to "Lite" is not like being exiled to some remote uninhabited island..

It is basically saying:

"Go where you can quit the way you want to quit".. They will take you with open arms.. They will give you a pep talk and tell you to try again.

And by the way Polish Workhorse.. If you want group hugs and guitars singing Kumbaya, then Lite is where you will find that.

Do or do not, there is no try. Pretty good quote by a REALLLY old little green dude.. (even though he wasn't real)

Maybe you young bucks and newbies should shut up a bit, and understand this site a bit before you come across as such bad asses...

Romandog - Day 765
Hey Romandog,
I meant no disrespect. I was simply making a joke, (evidently ill placed and/or ill timed) attempting to lighten up the situation in here.

I have nothing but absolute respect for this site and completely agree with the no slack, "hard core" attitude here.

What frustrates me is the fact that a decision needs to be made with this guy and no one is stepping up. Who has the authority to decide whether one stays or goes here?

As I said in my previous post, the authority figurehead or heads, need to make a decision, execute that decision, and we can all get on with our quit.

This site needs to shift focus back on our quit and not focusing on one person and his mistakes, no matter how much he offended someone.

The authority figures here need to make a decision so we can all move on and stop whining like a bunch of 4 year olds.
I am confident that the Admins are looking this all over and will come to a decision, if it doesn't resolve itself first.

I do appreciate the fact that they allow us to "police ourselves" as much as possible..

Thanks..

Romandog

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »

It is basically saying:

Romandog - Day 765
Hey Romandog,

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
Been watching this thread as well for a day and think, WTF IS THIS about?

What I see in this thread is the statements of a bunch of self anointed divas and insecure man babies. 
In AA we call ya'll 2 steppers.  Look it up.

if the ranting anger is what you people call recovery, Good luck in your quit, cause that is ALL you have. IF your QUIT IS based on FEAR and Anger, then Good Luck.

ya'll give one little ol' slipper this much power over YOUR QUIT, then YOUR QUIT is pretty fucking shallow. Seems there are a lot of people who are consumed by the actions this one fucking pigeon, you've given him a lot of time. IF you base YOUR recovery on the actions of one person, you are not going to survive. Resenting this guy which some of you do it going to bleed you and make you crave like a fucking big dog.

Some of  ya'll may be quit today, some of you may be 100 days or beyond, your collective anger IS a problem for the "group", terrorizing one sorry arsed remorse filled addict, and brow beating this poor sot into a state of mush. Ya'll need to be proud of yourselves.

I DON'T want some of you self important pricks have. If your QUIT is based on fear and anger then your lives have to be pretty fucking hollow.

i have had enough of the AA bullshite this ain't AA!

this site works on your word as a man and Scott has violated that at least twice! As far as i am concerned he should be gone....let him lie somewhere else!

Please understand i have nothing against AA but their methods are different from here, stop trying to teach us about how "quitting is done....." KTC's methods work just fine the way they are thank you very much!

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »

Some of ya'll may be quit today, some of you may be 100 days or beyond, your collective anger IS a problem for the "group", terrorizing one sorry arsed remorse filled addict, and brow beating this poor sot into a state of mush. Ya'll need to be proud of yourselves.

Sent you a PM.. Call me.. I will explain it to you...

Offline nebraskadad58

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

Quit Day - May 6 2013
Sobriety Date: January 6, 1986