Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 8252 times)

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Polish
Quote from: Adigg
Quote from: wmcatty
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is.  It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past.  He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll.  He caved on several occasions.  He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group.  By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions.  This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket.  I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

Skoal Monster would prefer that Scott go elsewhere.
Morgan1 agrees with Skoal Monster.
Seth will leave KTC if Administration allows Scott to stay on KTC.
Jhaenel23 was very cognizant of the seriousness of the infractions.
Jost2brown feels that support is actually enabling.
Gmann would not roll out the red carpet and questioned if Wastepanel was sucking off Scott.
Wastepanel said KTC forgives past mistakes and questioned if Gmann was still on his knee pads.
Diesel was so upset he even told a new August Quitter to blow it out his ass.
Kana is supportive of anyone who quits the nicotine.
Romandog recommended that Scott go elsewhere to quit. He is also ready to leave KTC.
Scott is taking his lumps and posted Day 3 today, apparently telling his adversaries to fuck off.

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41.  He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts.  He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site.  He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked up…and he would support Scott in his quit.  Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his ass…and then told him to fuck off!  Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart.  If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple.  So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog.  In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day.  Adios and stay quit.
This has to be by far one of the best posts IÂ’ve seen on KTC! Nice work Catty!
This site needs a like button! :D
Can we get a hug circle up in this mug... Ill bring the guitar.

Seriously Scott, bro dude you made some mistakes that you should humbly own up to. Throw yourself at the mercy of the KTC court and they might let you stay.
Let go of your pride and understand that what you did is viewed here as wrong and a lot of people have a problem with it.

I would crawl in here and beg for forgiveness. Sometimes a man has to do that in life. It's part of being a man.

I'm sure forgiveness will come a lot easier if you do that.

No one will think any less of you than they already do.
Forgiveness may be granted, but there still need to be consequences...

The integrity of this site requires that.

This isn't the only place to quit.. Being sent to "Lite" is not like being exiled to some remote uninhabited island..

It is basically saying:

"Go where you can quit the way you want to quit".. They will take you with open arms.. They will give you a pep talk and tell you to try again.

KTC isn't for everyone.. Or all of them over there at Lite would be here..

And by the way Polish Workhorse.. If you want group hugs and guitars singing Kumbaya, then Lite is where you will find that.

Here, we try to get rid of the facade of "trying"..

Do or do not, there is no try. Pretty good quote by a REALLLY old little green dude.. (even though he wasn't real)

Maybe you young bucks and newbies should shut up a bit, and understand this site a bit before you come across as such bad asses...

Romandog - Day 765
I'm quit.. Who are you again?
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is.  It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past.  He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll.  He caved on several occasions.  He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group.  By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions.  This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket.  I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

Gmann would not roll out the red carpet and questioned if Wastepanel was sucking off Scott.
Wastepanel said KTC forgives past mistakes and questioned if Gmann was still on his knee pads.
Romandog recommended that Scott go elsewhere to quit. He is also ready to leave KTC.
Scott is taking his lumps and posted Day 3 today, apparently telling his adversaries to fuck off.

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41.  He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts.  He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site.  He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked up…and he would support Scott in his quit.  Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his ass…and then told him to fuck off!  Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart.  If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple.  So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog.  In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day.  Adios and stay quit.
'Popcorn' While all the drama has been entertaining, there are still some central issues here that haven't been addressed.
Are all addict transgressions forgivable? We've heard from several vets that caving is forgivable, lying/using while posting seems like it may not be (is not to me). What makes KTC unique and successful is the opportunity of building peer and self accountability. As soon as I can't trust what is on roll, its value to me goes away.

I hope Scott figures out how to be a serious quitter, but history suggests while he seems to have a desire to quit, he simply can't go all in for himself. I hope this time is different, but doubt a lot of us from his previous quit groups will be doing a lot of support for him.
So what is to be done about it?
I believe that is the question.

Mods are gonna have to make a decision.

Once that's done, all this will go away.

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
Quote from: jayd41
that come back was in style in the 80's...
So Jayd...

Since we are on a roll here, and since you are such an experienced badass...

What was wrong with the 80s that you think today is so good in comparison?

I lived through both.. Was probably your age back then..

What have you got to point to today? Justin Beiber (or Bieber or however you spell it)?

'Popcorn'

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is. It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past. He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll. He caved on several occasions. He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group. By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions. This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket. I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41. He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts. He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site. He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked upÂ…and he would support Scott in his quit. Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his assÂ…and then told him to fuck off! Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart. If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple. So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog. In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day. Adios and stay quit.
'Popcorn' While all the drama has been entertaining, there are still some central issues here that haven't been addressed.
Are all addict transgressions forgivable? We've heard from several vets that caving is forgivable, lying/using while posting seems like it may not be (is not to me). What makes KTC unique and successful is the opportunity of building peer and self accountability. As soon as I can't trust what is on roll, its value to me goes away.

I hope Scott figures out how to be a serious quitter, but history suggests while he seems to have a desire to quit, he simply can't go all in for himself. I hope this time is different, but doubt a lot of us from his previous quit groups will be doing a lot of support for him.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »

Can we get a hug circle up in this mug... Ill bring the guitar.

Seriously Scott, bro dude you made some mistakes that you should humbly own up to. Throw yourself at the mercy of the KTC court and they might let you stay.
Let go of your pride and understand that what you did is viewed here as wrong and a lot of people have a problem with it.

I would crawl in here and beg for forgiveness. Sometimes a man has to do that in life. It's part of being a man.

I'm sure forgiveness will come a lot easier if you do that.

No one will think any less of you than they already do.

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Sleestak
Quote from: kana
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: cdaniels
Quote from: gmann
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man.  Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
jay,

don't ever accept caving. always hold the caver accountable. if that means calling him a cocksucker, then do that. if you prefer making him answer the three questions, then do that. what you shouldn't do is come in here and call folks a buncha meanies. ol' macek caved. and lied. direct your efforts to holding him accountable. keeping his word is apparently busting his ass, so he needs all the help he can get and many folks, understandably, have little interest in helping a liar.

swap numbers with macek and y'all hold each other accountable.
Here's the problem...you are an addict right? And a human being right? I don't know you and you don't know me...correct? You and and or anyone else have no idea what he was going through in his life when he slipped up right? I don't know if scott is a "cocksucker" or not. I don't know if you are or not...i do know that i'm not going to stand by and let a bunch of blow hards run a guy down who came back, admitted his mistakes and is trying to better himself.

I've only been on this site for 14 days as my intro suggests, however I do think that what makes forums like this work or not work is a general level of respect you show to the fellow posters. If one out of 14000 can get some people SOOOO pissed off that they are trying to push him off the cliff instead of pulling him back then i feel like those are so weak minded that i would question their quits as well. I'm off this thread though...and again, diesel, and all those that ripped this guy apart...stay clear of me please. I don't need your kind of help.
oh but you will not only need their help.... you will want it someday I promise you that. one day you will see young one that what seems like harshness my just be saving a life. you cant see the forest because of the trees my young quit brother.
no trust me cdaniels...i have plenty of numbers i can call and people to lean on in my bad times, i won't forget all this bs.
I don't think you get it quite yet. His former group members aren't just angry with him for caving.

They are angry because he's a serial liar. Trust and accountability are the core tenets of this site. He broke those and broke them bad.

Cavers come back all the time, take a few lumps and integrate back in. But posting roll while dipping and creating a new username are pretty serious offenses and show a complete lack of integrity and character.

This is why others are raking this guy over the coals and telling to to take to lite. Sometime it's best to cut your losses.
Jay your quit is young and you're confused. This is normal. You're still releasing frustration. This is normal. What you fail to see is these guys are trying to save this mans life. This isn't a fucking game, the elders know this. One of my bro's on here had his fucking tongue cut open while his wife sat in the next room. Then he had to wait to see if he had cancer  have more time with his family. I'll repeat it, this isn't a fucking game. 14 day's quit? Awesome, but don't judge the elders, they know what they're doing, and once your quit get's stronger it'll make more sense. Focus all that energy on your own quit... go exercise or something..
He broke the singular element that makes this site work, and that is honesty when posting roll. People cave due to momentary weakness and / or stupidity and while they are usually given hell for it (because people care), they are ultimately forgiven. People understand the mistakes, the pitfalls, the pure addiction that we share and people are forgiven.

What he did was not a mistake, not a momentary weakness, nothing of the sort. He posting roll for some time while dipping. He shit all over the one thing we have on this site and that is trust and integrity in the roll call system.

Forgive if you want. I hope he quits for real this time also. I would love to know why he found it "ok" and necessary to lie on roll call though.
I'm with Sleestack, and Seth on this one. I totally get that sometimes caving happens - read my HOF speech about a couple times I caved (prior to finding KTC) - But this is NOT about caving. Its about lying. Posting roll - promising not to dip - while you're dipping!

Lets face it - this is the internet, and I could be sucking on a cope fatty right now and none of you would know. So how does this work?

HONESTY!

If you dont have honesty/integrity, then this site is not for you. There's no way it can work for you. Why do you even want to be here if you posted roll with a fkn DIP in your mouth???? Do you think there's a cash prize at the end, therefore you want to lie to make sure you get the prize? There is no prize at the end - the reward here is that you are quit, and thats it! Why lie about posting roll??? I just dont get it.

I won't leave KTC if he's allowed to stay, just because my own quit depends greatly on this site, and I'm not willing to give that up over one liar. But I will certainly lose alot of respect for the administrators of the site.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
41st floor: 3/28/2024

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 06:37:00 PM »

Offline Adigg

• Quitter
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
After reading, and in some cases re-reading, the posts in this thread, I have not been able to come to any logical conclusion as to what the consensus of the members or moderators is. It is agreed that Scott really screwed the pooch in the past. He lied about using tobacco when he posted roll. He caved on several occasions. He has infuriated a lot of members by posting roll the past 3 days in the August 2013 Quit Group. By all accounts, he has answered the 3 golden questions and tried to atone to his brothers here at KTC for his past transgressions. This seems to be the place where everything else goes to hell in a hand basket. I tried to encapsulate the essence of each of the more “vocal” posts about this matter and state them as follows:

And My Favorite Of All---jayd41. He is a 2 week quitter in August and already has 87 posts. He has some big cods, stands his ground, believes in his convictions and says that he has met men in jail that are more respectful than some of the members on this site. He does not know Scott but told him that he fucked upÂ…and he would support Scott in his quit. Then he was evidently offended by something that Diesel said and told Diesel that he sounded like a bitter old woman and he could blow it out his assÂ…and then told him to fuck off! Pretty ballsy for a guy with just 14 days under his belt.

If I missed some of the rants, I apologize from the depths of my heart. If my words offend you, avert your eyesÂ…it is that simple. So, it looks like we gained one new quitter in Scott and have possibly lost two in Seth  Romandog. In any event, the saga will probably continue as more members voice their agreement, support or distain for Scott reappearing after his repeated failures. Let it continue as far as I am concerned, as I enjoy reading the posts and wondering who the hell takes some of those big egos for a walk each day. Adios and stay quit.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »

I got a chuckle out of this...i don't know if what was meant to be funny, but i'm loopy craving right now and that made me laugh...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

Thanks for clarifying the issues here catty...

“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
¯ Elie Wiesel

Yes, I have a big ego, because I do give a damn...

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Spartanron

• Quitter
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
To overtly lie about your day count cheapens what the rest of us do on a daily basis. I hate that I have to read about this bullshit while I still struggle almost daily with my addiction. The fact this can be tolerated and welcomed back into a quit group shakes the foundation of what this site is built on, Keep Your Word, One Day at a time, Repeat. I echo the sentiments that I hope Scott is able to find a way to quit that works for him, it just needs to be elsewhere.
No more What If's, I quit everyday going forward
Quit Chewing 11/13/12, Quit Nicorette 12/23/12

MY Hall of Fame Speech

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
Not to keep pissing on the electric fence, but scotty-boy, i'd like you to answer this post i made in your group. you said that i was mischaracterizing the situation, implying that i was lying about shit just to get on your case. funny, i don't like being called a liar. tell me where i'm lying or twisting things:
Quote from: dchogs
Quote from: scottmacek
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: scottmacek

scottmacek -- day 1 -- just posted in introductions if you want to know who I am.
you should certainly check out mr. macek's intro.

this is a caver.

who lied and posted roll 5 times over a span of two weeks WHILE USING TOBACCO. all after hitting the HOF.

disappeared from the site.

only to reappear, secretly using a new username.

only to cave again. disappear again.

and reappear again.

only to cave again. and disappear again.

he has now reappeared, yet again. what do you think is going to happen next with this serial caver, cheat, and liar.

fuck him. you don't want this guy in your group.
No, fuck you! I'm going to quit and will be strong. Stop trying to mischaracterize shit that happened in the past. I posted today that I have lied in the past, why I want to quit, why it is different now, etc. I came clean as can be! For some reason you have a hard on for me. Not quite sure why?

If you have a problem, then give me a call. I posted in every group I've been a part of. I've been willing to explain anything. What's your problem? You should want someone whose fucked up (just like a lot of people) and can prove that they can overcome shit.

Listen here, Scott. You're still not "coming clean." Saying that you lied in the past can mean anything... Like when you added that extra 2 inches in adult friend finder. You didn't just lie. You told THE lie... The one that can't be forgiven.

So, tell me where I am mischaracterizing things:

Did you cave on day 105?
Did you continue to post roll, adding days 107, 110, 112, 116, and 119?
Did you come back into Feb 11 as 'bayparkballer'?
Did you receive great support from the community?
Did you cave out of Feb 11?
Did you come back as 'bayparkballer' into March 12?
Did you tell everyone that you were Scott or were you outed?
Did you cave out of March 12?
Did you come back into May 12 as scottmacek?
Did you cave out of May 12?

Have you been in and caved out of 4 quit groups in the last 2 years? Have you lied on roll call? Have you used a different username for a "clean start?"

Tell me where I am wrong. Tell me why ANYONE should believe you. Tell me again where you told the whole story of your time here in your noble attempt at being honest.

As much as you might want me to want you, I only have a hard on here for fucking liars that erode the foundation of the community that saved my life. You are not worthy of gracing this board. Go away. Go to lite.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
i know when i feel backed into a corner i'm going to come out swinging and probably with a can in my pocket...
Then you have learned very little in your time here so far.
wow you really misinterpreted that point. I was pointing out that most of the times in the past confrontation would lead me back to the can...especially feeling attacked. that is what i am trying to help avoid
Learn to choose your words wisely. Sometimes they speak in volumes just like your actions.

"Probably with a can" needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary.
thanks, will do...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
i know when i feel backed into a corner i'm going to come out swinging and probably with a can in my pocket...
Then you have learned very little in your time here so far.
wow you really misinterpreted that point. I was pointing out that most of the times in the past confrontation would lead me back to the can...especially feeling attacked. that is what i am trying to help avoid
Learn to choose your words wisely. Sometimes they speak in volumes just like your actions.

"Probably with a can" needs to be eliminated from your vocabulary.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t