Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 8388 times)

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: jayd41
i know when i feel backed into a corner i'm going to come out swinging and probably with a can in my pocket...
Then you have learned very little in your time here so far.
wow you really misinterpreted that point. I was pointing out that most of the times in the past confrontation would lead me back to the can...especially feeling attacked. that is what i am trying to help avoid
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
i know when i feel backed into a corner i'm going to come out swinging and probably with a can in my pocket...
Then you have learned very little in your time here so far.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
Quote from: jost2brown
My blood is on the verge of boiling at the disrespect of this site and everything it stands for.  This site is my salvation from a life of slavery.  This site has given me more time with my sons.  This site helped me through some of the most difficult times of my life, without a crutch or the faintest desire to stuff death in my face. 

Those of you that think you are "supporting" scott need to look in the mirror.  You are NOT supporting, you are ENABLING him.  Life is a harsh mistress, filled with all sorts of shitty situations and choices.  The great thing is we all have the freedom to handle those situations how we see fit, and the freedom to make choices on how to conduct ourselves. 

Scott chose to cave (shitty, but forgivable).  He then chose to lie about it.  You dont understand why so many are so upset?  Start at the basics - Why we post roll..  You dont get to come into our sanctuary and shit on the floor then expect us to welcome you back. 

Where is the accountability?  There is nothing here if not for that.  Can you honestly say you trust his word when he posts roll? 

Sorry, but some things can be forgiven and trust rebuilt.  Caving, for example.  But putting your name down on the line and using is not one of them in my opinion.  Scott clearly went to extremes to cover up his lie, then expects us to forget it because its "been a year."  I may very well forget it scott, but I will never forgive.  Your actions were/are disrespectful to everyone who has put in the blood sweat and tears to make this place what it is. 

I do hope you quit and have a long, healthy, nicotine free life.  I just cannot trust you to help my brothers and sisters do the same.
'clap'

Sometimes a cancer is untreatable and must be cut from the body for the body to survive!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Yeah, right.. Whatever...
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline scottmacek

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
I understand that many of you will never accept me. I don't care. Those of you who understand that I am coming clean after all the crap I've done and giving me ANOTHER chance, thank you! I'm here for myself, but intend to prove that I'm a strong quitter.

As for the whole name change thing, I am sorry. What else do you want me to say. If you don't forgive me, then act like I'm dead. That's fine. Just help and support the people who deserve it.

As for those of you who don't think I've answered enough questions as to why this time will work, here is a brief explanation.

1) The reasons things didn't work before is because I was not completely honest with myself that I am a true addict. I thought I could have a beer after being quit for 20 days or so and could handle it. I know that is not the case. (This is just one example.) If you need anymore reasons, then see my posts over the last few days.

2) Things are different now because my life is more organized and scheduled, I accept that I'm a piece of shit addict that is no different than the bum on the corner begging for change to by some crack cocaine when it comes to chew, and I'm trying to atone for my transgressions. Also, I bought the fake chew for the first time and make sure that I have gum on me all of the time. I am not going to drink alcohol for the first 50 days in attempt to keep my mind as strong as possible.
?You are not a failure until you start blaming others for your mistakes?

-- John Wooden

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
If it wasn't for diesel I wouldn't be where I am today. He's definitely on the list of brothers that helped save my life, so I will back him up to the grave.
The only sides are us against nic. that's it.
Jay you can support anyone you like, I can tell you have a good heart.
BUT remember your only as strong as the people surrounding you. Most of the people I communicate with are very strong. I don't waste time with weakness anymore. I have better things to do. I surround myself with people that have the same resolve as me.
Once (when I was young) I had a boss who was a complete fucking moron. One day his boss pulled me aside. He said he saw my frustration. I told him I had no respect for my boss,. and he told me. There are 2 kinds of people. Ones you want to watch and learn from, and ones you don't. Sometimes you can take bits and pieces from different people. I'll never forget that. I will always support someone because that's the right thing to do, but that doesn't mean I'll learn from them.
I'm just saying this is about YOUR quit, and no-one else's. I support all the quitters, failures  all, but there are a few that I really learned from, and got me to where I am today (290). Just keep quitting your doing great..
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
i'm over the pissing match diesel...you don't have to support anyone in any way if you don't want to...i was told when i first started this site to stay involved, well i'm involved. Maybe i am too forgiving, maybe i shouldn't take this guy in my corner but i did, again you don't have to like it, but i would stick up for him just like i am going to stick up for russell, jake and the rest of august. And i'm accusing some of being assholes. If that is a serious accusation then so be it.
You questioned our quits and this rubbish accusing us of being on some kind of high horse saying we never lied, blah blah blah. Shit makes me steam.

Was never a pissing match.

Good for you for taking this guy in. Pretty ballsy for a guy 14 days quit.

Would love nothing more than to see him tell me to fuck off in his hof speech. Hopefully it will be legit.

Ill be watching....
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
i'm over the pissing match diesel...you don't have to support anyone in any way if you don't want to...i was told when i first started this site to stay involved, well i'm involved. Maybe i am too forgiving, maybe i shouldn't take this guy in my corner but i did, again you don't have to like it, but i would stick up for him just like i am going to stick up for russell, jake and the rest of august. And i'm accusing some of being assholes. If that is a serious accusation then so be it.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
....and partly because they have no way to see past any mistakes and they haven't ever made any mistakes or ever lied to anyone about their addiction.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE???????

I lied my ASS off for 15 years about chewing. And guess what, if I told everyone I quit and continued to REPEATEDLY lie about that, and kept using and fucking up, AFTER they supported me multiple times, why the FUCK would they ever believe in me again??????

Seriously bro, you are coming up with some shitty points and making some pretty serious accusations about some bad ass quitters.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
...i'm not saying we need to all get on our knees and suck this guy off for fuck's sake...
oh, okay.

wastepanel, you can stand up now.
Oh, whatever G.

You talk a big game for an anonymous mouth on a glory hole. You still using the knee pads, or did that special low chair come in?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
You know what would take some real balls?

Walking away after all of these words were written about you (both in support and those that are chastising). Obviously, people care one way or another. It would take a big, fat liar that is afraid to face what he is capable of to walk away and show the haters that they are right despite claiming that you want to be quit. It would take the biggest coward asshole to read the words of support written here and say "Fuck it!" while fingerbanging a can.

No pressure, but failure is not an option.

'Popcorn'
now that i agree with.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
You know what would take some real balls?

Walking away after all of these words were written about you (both in support and those that are chastising). Obviously, people care one way or another. It would take a big, fat liar that is afraid to face what he is capable of to walk away and show the haters that they are right despite claiming that you want to be quit. It would take the biggest coward asshole to read the words of support written here and say "Fuck it!" while fingerbanging a can.

No pressure, but failure is not an option.

'Popcorn'
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
...i'm not saying we need to all get on our knees and suck this guy off for fuck's sake...
oh, okay.

wastepanel, you can stand up now.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Jesus lord, i'm not saying we need to all get on our knees and suck this guy off for fuck's sake....i was saying there is a better way. And most of you have questioned his motives in a way that is at least somewhat civilized...if the admin wants to kick him off then by all means, that is their prerogative but until they decide too then i, as a member of a SUPPORT site, will support him.

And yes...Scott, you fucked up...and you fucked up pretty royally. But like i said...i will quit with you today...although there are many that won't....you have a small little pack of support from those that i know have reached out to you through pm's and what not. These are good folks who will have your back and help you. As you can see...some will not, partly because what you did, and partly because they have no way to see past any mistakes and they haven't ever made any mistakes or ever lied to anyone about their addiction.

And dead, my word is that i won't chew today, i am quit, and when someone comes asking for support on a website that is designed to support other people...i will carry that flag, even if others won't.

Offline n2chukar

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
My blood is on the verge of boiling at the disrespect of this site and everything it stands for. This site is my salvation from a life of slavery. This site has given me more time with my sons. This site helped me through some of the most difficult times of my life, without a crutch or the faintest desire to stuff death in my face.

Those of you that think you are "supporting" scott need to look in the mirror. You are NOT supporting, you are ENABLING him. Life is a harsh mistress, filled with all sorts of shitty situations and choices. The great thing is we all have the freedom to handle those situations how we see fit, and the freedom to make choices on how to conduct ourselves.

Scott chose to cave (shitty, but forgivable). He then chose to lie about it. You dont understand why so many are so upset? Start at the basics - Why we post roll.. You dont get to come into our sanctuary and shit on the floor then expect us to welcome you back.

Where is the accountability? There is nothing here if not for that. Can you honestly say you trust his word when he posts roll?

Sorry, but some things can be forgiven and trust rebuilt. Caving, for example. But putting your name down on the line and using is not one of them in my opinion. Scott clearly went to extremes to cover up his lie, then expects us to forget it because its "been a year." I may very well forget it scott, but I will never forgive. Your actions were/are disrespectful to everyone who has put in the blood sweat and tears to make this place what it is.

I do hope you quit and have a long, healthy, nicotine free life. I just cannot trust you to help my brothers and sisters do the same.

Well, Sorry Scott, you will never be forgiven by some on this site. You were caught red handed and there are those on this site that just cannot bring themselves to forgive you so it's time to move on -- check your PM and you will find my digits there so anytime you need some support feel free to text. If I were you, I would use this KFC crucifixion as motivation to never make this particular stupid mistake again. Use it as a starting point to make some real positive changes in your life.
If you decide to stay on this site, I will support you, but don't ever lie again about your quit. I believe all of us, if we are honest, have had situations where we have not made the best choice and need a second or third chance.... or if you follow the good book, 49 chances for illustrative purposes.... but don't bring disrespect on your name or this site again -- use the tools, bitch at us, live chat, texts, etc.
As for those who now despise you and will never forgive you -- who gives a shit?