Author Topic: 9-11 marks 5 Years of Freedom for me  (Read 5186 times)

Offline rebeldog

• Quit Pro
    • www.youtube.com
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
Damn 1984. Tend to forget how young our brothers  sisters in arms are. Godspeed and thank you.
You will never grow taller than when you stoop to help a brother. - The Varlet

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
Right on Bean!

SSgt Bryan Berky EOD - 1984-2009 - Miss you every day brother.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
I'm not in the service, but I'm thankful for the men and women who are. I am living free thanks to you and those who came before you.

And speaking of freedom...I'm also living NIC FREE thanks to the folks on this site. Whether you just quit (and are white-knuckling it through sleepless nights), or if you've been quit for some time (Day 259 for me), it is important to remember one thing...living free.

Stay safe, remember the purpose of Memorial Day, and stay quit!!!

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoor activities, riding bikes, taking my English mastiff for a ride, and eating now that I have quit. Food has become comfort to me right now and I will probably have to ask the vets help on that to.
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Just had a crazy realization about how strong nicotine really was...

Everybody generally has the same first experience...sneak off with your buddies and try it for the first time. Almost everyone gets sick their first time and STILL DOES IT AGAIN!!! WTF?!!

It's not like it tastes delicious or is really fun...it makes you sick, tastes like crap and burns your lip. And, yet, I wanted to do it again?

Anyway, I'm done with it now. FUCK YOU, NIC!!! I'm free.
Well bean my dad has chewwed as far back as I can remember and when I started I took one of his cans when I was 15 and thought that it was cool because he done it. I now look back and see how stupid it really was to even start.
Quit day - friday the 13th of August 2010
HOF day - November 20th 2010 - KTC's 4th bday
2nd Floor - Febuary 28th 2011

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
Just had a crazy realization about how strong nicotine really was...

Everybody generally has the same first experience...sneak off with your buddies and try it for the first time. Almost everyone gets sick their first time and STILL DOES IT AGAIN!!! WTF?!!

It's not like it tastes delicious or is really fun...it makes you sick, tastes like crap and burns your lip. And, yet, I wanted to do it again?

Anyway, I'm done with it now. FUCK YOU, NIC!!! I'm free.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 689
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Quote from: FLORIDA
Another crazy dip dream.  I'm at Day 61...and just had my second dip dream.  I even knew I had a dream about it in this dream.  I woke up totally pissed.  I even checked my lip in the bathroom.  This is absolutely crazy.  If it didn't happen to me, I never would have believed it was possible to be that sure I dipped when I hadn't.  WTF?!!

Also, I think I had my first funk the day before the dip dream...don't know if they're related, but I'll let you know if and when it happens again.  It was a big depression spell...like a non-specific death or some event that makes you think things will never be the same.  I had to remind myself that they won't...I'm nic free now...that's what is different.  And it is GREAT!!!
BEAN,

I had my second dip dream last night also. It felt so real when I woke up I started crying. I freaked out a little but then realized it was a dream. I thought I actually caved.

We are GUARD sttrong and Im glad we are brothers in the group

Luke
Yep, been there done that. I've had a couple of dip dreams and each one I dreamed I caved with some shitty Skoal Spearmint. I mean if I'm going to have a dip dream at least make it Copenhagen... jeez!

But I did the same thing, woke up scared to death that I caved and started thinking about how I was going to break the news to KTC and the fact that I would have to call myself a limp dick pussy ass caver which I wasn't looking forward to.

Dave
you know you're addicted to the KTC kool-aid when you realize a dip wouldn't make you feel better, it would make you fell like a limp dick pussy ass caver. even in a dip dream. that's good stuff. loaded with vitamin FUCK OFF NIC BITCH!

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
Quote from: davenc
Another crazy dip dream.  I'm at Day 61...and just had my second dip dream.  I even knew I had a dream about it in this dream.  I woke up totally pissed.  I even checked my lip in the bathroom.  This is absolutely crazy.  If it didn't happen to me, I never would have believed it was possible to be that sure I dipped when I hadn't.  WTF?!!

Also, I think I had my first funk the day before the dip dream...don't know if they're related, but I'll let you know if and when it happens again.  It was a big depression spell...like a non-specific death or some event that makes you think things will never be the same.  I had to remind myself that they won't...I'm nic free now...that's what is different.  And it is GREAT!!!
BEAN,

I had my second dip dream last night also. It felt so real when I woke up I started crying. I freaked out a little but then realized it was a dream. I thought I actually caved.

Luke
Yep, been there done that. I've had a couple of dip dreams and each one I dreamed I caved with some shitty Skoal Spearmint. I mean if I'm going to have a dip dream at least make it Copenhagen... jeez!

But I did the same thing, woke up scared to death that I caved and started thinking about how I was going to break the news to KTC and the fact that I would have to call myself a limp dick pussy ass caver which I wasn't looking forward to.

Dave
Funny you say that. My dip dream was I bought a can of shitty skoal..wtf!!!

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

BEAN,

Luke

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline FLORIDA LUKE

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Another crazy dip dream. I'm at Day 61...and just had my second dip dream. I even knew I had a dream about it in this dream. I woke up totally pissed. I even checked my lip in the bathroom. This is absolutely crazy. If it didn't happen to me, I never would have believed it was possible to be that sure I dipped when I hadn't. WTF?!!

Also, I think I had my first funk the day before the dip dream...don't know if they're related, but I'll let you know if and when it happens again. It was a big depression spell...like a non-specific death or some event that makes you think things will never be the same. I had to remind myself that they won't...I'm nic free now...that's what is different. And it is GREAT!!!
BEAN,

Luke
FLORIDALUKE
GUARD DEC 2010

HOF 12/23/2010
2nd 04/02/2011
3rd 07/11/2011
1 Year 09/14/2011
4th 10/19/2011
5th 01/27/2012

YOUR MIND IS YOUR MOST POWERFUL DRUG.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Another crazy dip dream. I'm at Day 61...and just had my second dip dream. I even knew I had a dream about it in this dream. I woke up totally pissed. I even checked my lip in the bathroom. This is absolutely crazy. If it didn't happen to me, I never would have believed it was possible to be that sure I dipped when I hadn't. WTF?!!

Also, I think I had my first funk the day before the dip dream...don't know if they're related, but I'll let you know if and when it happens again. It was a big depression spell...like a non-specific death or some event that makes you think things will never be the same. I had to remind myself that they won't...I'm nic free now...that's what is different. And it is GREAT!!!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Wow...I finally know what y'all have been saying about the "dip dream." I don't know what specifically triggered it...maybe because I went to my 20 yr high school reunion last night? Football game and beer with many of the same guys I started dipping with. I guess there were lots of triggers, but I stayed quit.

I'm not a guy who is always telling people about dreams I had. In fact, I usually hate when someone starts out a conversation that way. Also, I usually can't remember shit about my dreams. But I woke up today totally pissed off that I had caved...in my dream. I even checked my jeans and my truck. It was so specific...I woke with a "memory" of seeing the open can in my hand and dip in my lip, but not much else.

Also, I cringed at the thought of having to tell everyone about caving. It is interesting how much I depend on this site for support. So, thanks!!! Day 50 started out weird, but I'm still nic free...and that isn't changing!!!
Crazy ass addiction no ?

They can be unsettling for sure.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2010, 08:45:00 AM »
Wow...I finally know what y'all have been saying about the "dip dream." I don't know what specifically triggered it...maybe because I went to my 20 yr high school reunion last night? Football game and beer with many of the same guys I started dipping with. I guess there were lots of triggers, but I stayed quit.

I'm not a guy who is always telling people about dreams I had. In fact, I usually hate when someone starts out a conversation that way. Also, I usually can't remember shit about my dreams. But I woke up today totally pissed off that I had caved...in my dream. I even checked my jeans and my truck. It was so specific...I woke with a "memory" of seeing the open can in my hand and dip in my lip, but not much else.

Also, I cringed at the thought of having to tell everyone about caving. It is interesting how much I depend on this site for support. So, thanks!!! Day 50 started out weird, but I'm still nic free...and that isn't changing!!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
As I understand it the gums do not come back. I to have some recession in my gums. I have a stained tooth to that I look at each morning and realize what a stupid fuck I was. My dentist told me I had no loose teeth or tooth damage so at least I didn't loose any.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
Well, after 20 years of dipping, it looks like my gums have receded a little. Does anyone know if the ever come back? If so, how long? I've heard they never come back...damage is done. Dentist doesn't think I need a graft, so I guess it is not severe. Just curious. Thanks