Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31630 times)

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: brettlees
It has been since 5th grade that I last went a full year without putting the poison genetically engineered to hook me weed in my mouth. Every summer we boys would do what it took to get some so we could be like our hero rodeo and baseball stars. I'm so happy be celebrating this milestone I can hardly know what to say. So grateful. What a blessing to have a chance to do it right. As was being discussed in the small text circle I love quitting in, this is my one quit, I'm keeping it. I love it. I don't know if I'd ever get another chance if I messed this one up.

I sincerely want to thank everyone who had helped me in the past year. If you've posted in this intro, that's you. If we've exchanged pm's or texts, that's you. Whether you are still active on this site or not. If you welcomed me into your discussions in your roll or the rare times I've hit chat, that's you. If you've taken the time to meet with me in person, you have even more appreciation and honor from me. I've tried to let others who inspired me know too- if I've let you know you helped me, I thank you too. Really, it was knowledge about addiction, and the support from other quitters, that got me this far this time. Im in this for good, starting again tomorrow. Who's in with me? Let's go!
5th grade... WOW.

Nice 365, B. Keep it rolling!!!
This is the kinda stuff to keep bumped up to the top! Way to go brutha! Damn proud to have been one of those to have met you!

Rock. On!
Congrats on a year brother. Proud to know you.
Congrats Brett! I am proud of you and want to thank you for all your support and inspiration. One year is such a great accomplishment. Love you man.
Congrats!!

Proud to be quit with you

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
It has been since 5th grade that I last went a full year without putting the poison genetically engineered to hook me weed in my mouth. Every summer we boys would do what it took to get some so we could be like our hero rodeo and baseball stars. I'm so happy be celebrating this milestone I can hardly know what to say. So grateful. What a blessing to have a chance to do it right. As was being discussed in the small text circle I love quitting in, this is my one quit, I'm keeping it. I love it. I don't know if I'd ever get another chance if I messed this one up.

I sincerely want to thank everyone who had helped me in the past year. If you've posted in this intro, that's you. If we've exchanged pm's or texts, that's you. Whether you are still active on this site or not. If you welcomed me into your discussions in your roll or the rare times I've hit chat, that's you. If you've taken the time to meet with me in person, you have even more appreciation and honor from me. I've tried to let others who inspired me know too- if I've let you know you helped me, I thank you too. Really, it was knowledge about addiction, and the support from other quitters, that got me this far this time. Im in this for good, starting again tomorrow. Who's in with me? Let's go!
5th grade... WOW.

This is the kinda stuff to keep bumped up to the top! Way to go brutha! Damn proud to have been one of those to have met you!

Rock. On!
Congrats Brett! I am proud of you and want to thank you for all your support and inspiration. One year is such a great accomplishment. Love you man.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »

5th grade... WOW.

Rock. On!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

5th grade... WOW.

Rock. On!
Congrats!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2014, 11:25:00 PM »

5th grade... WOW.

Rock. On!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »

5th grade... WOW.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:00 PM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Raider
my HOF finally went in today- day 358. So, i'm a little slow! I savor it better that way! Thank you all who have helped me over the past 11+ months.

Integrity- Requires Being All In
I’ve been quit almost a year. I’ve learned a lot here. There are so many times I would have started again, starting by having “just one” for whatever lame reason I’d dream up. But not now, I understand addiction more because of this site, and because of sticking around to see how others do it, as well as how others fail.

Want to know the real secret? You have to be involved. You have to put yourself out there. Post roll here, and more. Post your experiences. Support other quitters. Get to know other quitters. The more you do here, the more likely you will succeed. ItÂ’s this social aspect, once you really understand the addiction, that makes it work. For years, for many of, chew was your secret best friend, always there with you and for you. Or so the addiction made you think. Now you have to have a replacement - real quitters as friends and supporters and enforcers if you were to slip are just the ticket.

Find the involvement that helps you the most. When I started my quit I avoided text groups, but by now a small daily text group I’m in is clearly the thing that means the absolute most to maintaining my quit daily. I do continue to post though, religiously. I also stay involved here, and you really should do that too. You have to put yourself out there—be you, be all in. You’ll make great bonds. Some guys here will be great friends. Some guys here are supreme assholes, some are heroes. It’s a mirror of life, it is what it is. But what is it mostly the opportunity to do something you have never done before, and something few ever can- the opportunity to stop feeding your nicotine addiction successfully, and if you choose, the opportunity to actually start healing from that addiction and whatever created it in you.

Finally, I want to discuss healing just a little more, because if you are so inclined, you are about to embark on some amazing growth. The part I notice first is how good it feels to be in real integrity. I no longer have this dirty little secret about my chewing, or the shame of doing something that others vocally express is very gross to them. I am free of that burden. I never realized it was such a burden before, when I was using- but then again, a fish doesn’t really know it’s in water. It feels so good to be free, and one of those great feelings I’m still getting used to after all this quit so far is that I DON’T have that little secret any more—I’m not living a lie anymore. I am honest, not a liar, and am a person I always wanted to be, not someone with a dirty lie ruling my life beyond where most can see. To be a man of integrity has always been a principle of mine, though I always lived with a big lie and in constant efforts to deceive others- hiding chew and spit and cans and making sure my teeth appeared clean and not breathing on people so they couldn’t smell the chew, and so on. Now, I don’t have to be in constant “deceive” mode. It’s taken a long time but I am about free of that habitual inclination- and it feels great! And I can tell there is so much more to discover and enjoy about being free. You’ll find along this journey that it just keeps getting better and better as you go. There are ups and downs, and it’s hard, but you can do it following the methods here. Your life will be better in ways you never even imagined- I know because mine already is, and I’m just starting!

To conclude, there are so many people IÂ’d love to thank. Most are still around, others have left for various reasons. I seriously think about each of you who has interacted with me in intros or PMs or texts, or signed in with support in our Jan 14 class, or met with me in person. I canÂ’t list everyone, and there are new ones to come IÂ’m sure. Just know that the fellowship is what really makes it work for me and I sincerely thank you for helping me chose to live a clean and honest and free life every day, after decades of lies deceit and slavery to an evil addiction to a deadly weed of a plant.
Damn good read there Brett. Your story sounds just like mine. Deceit over honor. What a damn joke we were BUT now look at you. Clean for almost a year now. GREAT JOB you are doing but you are not finished yet. Still a lot of work to do.
Good stuff. Thanks for writing and sharing it.
Very nice. Thanks for being here and impacting so many quits. You've definitely strengthened mine.
Brett, well man that was a damn good read although I am not surprised. Upon meeting you I learned that you were a very deep and intellectual person and I can proudly say that I am glad to have met you and I have been very proud to see you become the KTC whore you are. If KTC quittogethers offered travel miles you would have already earned A-List status.

Keep at it brother and continue to educate the masses about how the quit path should be followed.
As I had suspected a long time ago, this guy gets it!!!!! Way to quit man!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
my HOF finally went in today- day 358. So, i'm a little slow! I savor it better that way! Thank you all who have helped me over the past 11+ months.

I’ve been quit almost a year. I’ve learned a lot here. There are so many times I would have started again, starting by having “just one” for whatever lame reason I’d dream up. But not now, I understand addiction more because of this site, and because of sticking around to see how others do it, as well as how others fail.

Want to know the real secret? You have to be involved. You have to put yourself out there. Post roll here, and more. Post your experiences. Support other quitters. Get to know other quitters. The more you do here, the more likely you will succeed. ItÂ’s this social aspect, once you really understand the addiction, that makes it work. For years, for many of, chew was your secret best friend, always there with you and for you. Or so the addiction made you think. Now you have to have a replacement - real quitters as friends and supporters and enforcers if you were to slip are just the ticket.

Find the involvement that helps you the most. When I started my quit I avoided text groups, but by now a small daily text group I’m in is clearly the thing that means the absolute most to maintaining my quit daily. I do continue to post though, religiously. I also stay involved here, and you really should do that too. You have to put yourself out there—be you, be all in. You’ll make great bonds. Some guys here will be great friends. Some guys here are supreme assholes, some are heroes. It’s a mirror of life, it is what it is. But what is it mostly the opportunity to do something you have never done before, and something few ever can- the opportunity to stop feeding your nicotine addiction successfully, and if you choose, the opportunity to actually start healing from that addiction and whatever created it in you.

Finally, I want to discuss healing just a little more, because if you are so inclined, you are about to embark on some amazing growth. The part I notice first is how good it feels to be in real integrity. I no longer have this dirty little secret about my chewing, or the shame of doing something that others vocally express is very gross to them. I am free of that burden. I never realized it was such a burden before, when I was using- but then again, a fish doesn’t really know it’s in water. It feels so good to be free, and one of those great feelings I’m still getting used to after all this quit so far is that I DON’T have that little secret any more—I’m not living a lie anymore. I am honest, not a liar, and am a person I always wanted to be, not someone with a dirty lie ruling my life beyond where most can see. To be a man of integrity has always been a principle of mine, though I always lived with a big lie and in constant efforts to deceive others- hiding chew and spit and cans and making sure my teeth appeared clean and not breathing on people so they couldn’t smell the chew, and so on. Now, I don’t have to be in constant “deceive” mode. It’s taken a long time but I am about free of that habitual inclination- and it feels great! And I can tell there is so much more to discover and enjoy about being free. You’ll find along this journey that it just keeps getting better and better as you go. There are ups and downs, and it’s hard, but you can do it following the methods here. Your life will be better in ways you never even imagined- I know because mine already is, and I’m just starting!

To conclude, there are so many people IÂ’d love to thank. Most are still around, others have left for various reasons. I seriously think about each of you who has interacted with me in intros or PMs or texts, or signed in with support in our Jan 14 class, or met with me in person. I canÂ’t list everyone, and there are new ones to come IÂ’m sure. Just know that the fellowship is what really makes it work for me and I sincerely thank you for helping me chose to live a clean and honest and free life every day, after decades of lies deceit and slavery to an evil addiction to a deadly weed of a plant.
Damn good read there Brett. Your story sounds just like mine. Deceit over honor. What a damn joke we were BUT now look at you. Clean for almost a year now. GREAT JOB you are doing but you are not finished yet. Still a lot of work to do.
Very nice. Thanks for being here and impacting so many quits. You've definitely strengthened mine.
Brett, well man that was a damn good read although I am not surprised. Upon meeting you I learned that you were a very deep and intellectual person and I can proudly say that I am glad to have met you and I have been very proud to see you become the KTC whore you are. If KTC quittogethers offered travel miles you would have already earned A-List status.

Keep at it brother and continue to educate the masses about how the quit path should be followed.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Just to have it down, for my reference and others who might come across this, here's a gem of knowldege. I think this will help a lot of new quitters, and it still helps me at day 303. Ron Cross was reflecting on some insight from a recent cave. He made a list of 4 lessons. Then Skoal Monster added on. The resulting list is a treasure....

"I learn so much for these caves! The reasons and circumstances all seem to repeat for so many people.

1. Failure to learn the basics of quit 101 will most certainly lead to a cave later on.
2. One problem + nicotine = two problems.
3. Alcohol is the biggest quit killer out there.
4. Failure to continue to post your promise every day whether you are 100 days quit or 1,000 days quit is a recipe for a cave.

5. length of quit is not related to strength of quit.

6. This is Chess.... not checkers, educate yourself

7. There is no just one.....ever

8. You are an addict.... no different than a heroin junkie

9. you will always be an addict

10. 100% of quitters that don't put nicotine in their body quit successfully

11. It's going to suck.......... until it doesn't..............and then it won't

And when the fog lifts and you understand how easy this quitting business really is you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It's so simple. Embrace the suck, just give in to the fact that your going to suffer for awhile. It won't kill you despite what you think. A small amount of suffering is a reasonable price to pay to save your life I think? What about you?"

 
Number 11 got me through some very rough times
Followed by 7 and 5
stay strong Brett
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Just to have it down, for my reference and others who might come across this, here's a gem of knowldege. I think this will help a lot of new quitters, and it still helps me at day 303. Ron Cross was reflecting on some insight from a recent cave. He made a list of 4 lessons. Then Skoal Monster added on. The resulting list is a treasure....

"I learn so much for these caves! The reasons and circumstances all seem to repeat for so many people.

1. Failure to learn the basics of quit 101 will most certainly lead to a cave later on.
2. One problem + nicotine = two problems.
3. Alcohol is the biggest quit killer out there.
4. Failure to continue to post your promise every day whether you are 100 days quit or 1,000 days quit is a recipe for a cave.

5. length of quit is not related to strength of quit.

6. This is Chess.... not checkers, educate yourself

7. There is no just one.....ever

8. You are an addict.... no different than a heroin junkie

9. you will always be an addict

10. 100% of quitters that don't put nicotine in their body quit successfully

11. It's going to suck.......... until it doesn't..............and then it won't

And when the fog lifts and you understand how easy this quitting business really is you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It's so simple. Embrace the suck, just give in to the fact that your going to suffer for awhile. It won't kill you despite what you think. A small amount of suffering is a reasonable price to pay to save your life I think? What about you?"