Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31633 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
This day and yesterday have been deusies. Deep cravings at times, fog almost all the time. I want to eat everything, and nothing satisifies. So foggy at work that nothing worthwhile is getting done, and i feel like I'd be better off taking leave. I"m crabby as heck at home and elsewhere, but doing my best to not make my family suffer, or to give in to road rage and have worse consequences. I also feel the sense of loss at times- feels like grief. Good! Maybe that means i'm processing the loss/finality of it all.
For the last week , I wake up around 3 am and don't go back to sleep. Sucks! Right now, this feels like it won't end and I"m weary of it all. It is helping me to read about others feeling the same stuff, and about those who have made it through. This fog, especially, has been so relentless that I feel like it might not ever leave. So it helps to read that it's normal and that it will leave sometime. Makes me want to hang on and ride through it.

I may not work tomorrow but will still try and post role. Not sure how to make the weekend if I am not on computer. Text someone? Feel free to PM if you have a suggestion on that.

Thanks all!
Remember this??? Never, ever again Brett!

Welcome to the 3rd floor! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do for this site!
300 is awesome! B.A.Q. for sure! Enjoy your day brother.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
This day and yesterday have been deusies. Deep cravings at times, fog almost all the time. I want to eat everything, and nothing satisifies. So foggy at work that nothing worthwhile is getting done, and i feel like I'd be better off taking leave. I"m crabby as heck at home and elsewhere, but doing my best to not make my family suffer, or to give in to road rage and have worse consequences. I also feel the sense of loss at times- feels like grief. Good! Maybe that means i'm processing the loss/finality of it all.
For the last week , I wake up around 3 am and don't go back to sleep. Sucks! Right now, this feels like it won't end and I"m weary of it all. It is helping me to read about others feeling the same stuff, and about those who have made it through. This fog, especially, has been so relentless that I feel like it might not ever leave. So it helps to read that it's normal and that it will leave sometime. Makes me want to hang on and ride through it.

I may not work tomorrow but will still try and post role. Not sure how to make the weekend if I am not on computer. Text someone? Feel free to PM if you have a suggestion on that.

Thanks all!
Remember this??? Never, ever again Brett!

Welcome to the 3rd floor! Congratulations and thank you for all that you do for this site!

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
Quote from: yemtig
Quote from: slinger
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: rdad
Just a little thing i wanted to post. No need for support or anything, just want to share something nice.

I have a cold or allergies. Pretty bad post-nasal, making my throat raw and sore, coughing a bit. It's SO DAMNED NICE that I know that this is not finally cancer hitting me, it is not because i have been dipping and swallowing too much and i've made my throat sore. I just have a little cold or allergies. I can just relax, take care of myself and it will go away. I don't have to plan to go the doctor if it doesn't go away in x days. I don't have to fear biopsies and probes and tracheotomies and the rest. I can just relax and get better, consider changing up my diet and/or pop some allergy meds. WHAT A RELIEF that i NEVER EXPECTED!

FUCK! LIFE IS GREAT WHEN YOU DON"T CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!
FUCK! LIFE IS GREAT WHEN YOU DON"T CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True, True, True. I love seeing you celebrate being free. I'm with you, I'm terrified of "probes"
Amen. I remember those days and I don't want to go back to those days either. Nice just to deal with the 1 problem and not having a larger concern rolling around in your head. Quit with you all day brother!
True 'dat! Freedom feels good!!!!

True words...Quit with you.
QLF with you EDD Brett!
Great post. I can remember days I'd get sick, have a sore throat, and be worried about throat cancer, with a dip in!
Quit on brother Brett!
Amen, Brother.
Truer words have never been spoken! QLF today with you brett!
Freedom. It's a beautiful thing. I'm quit with you pal.
Love this Brett! Freedom feels amazing. Each time I have a moment like you described I smile and think that this fight is so worth it.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Great post in Loots thread. I could not agree more. I agree with most of what Loot is saying however the "INTRO" section is NOT the place for that type of dissent. His judgment stinks and I believe he has harmed or potentially harmed young quits. And for that I am pissed.

Quit on. Ryan
Yep, would like to see it moved as well. Off the main page, anywhere but intros. . Still sucks for Sept even though wastepanel is stepping in.

BTW, both of you had good posts, Ryan's was in EW intro.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Great post in Loots thread. I could not agree more. I agree with most of what Loot is saying however the "INTRO" section is NOT the place for that type of dissent. His judgment stinks and I believe he has harmed or potentially harmed young quits. And for that I am pissed.

Quit on. Ryan

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: yemtig
Just a little thing i wanted to post. No need for support or anything, just want to share something nice.

I have a cold or allergies. Pretty bad post-nasal, making my throat raw and sore, coughing a bit. It's SO DAMNED NICE that I know that this is not finally cancer hitting me, it is not because i have been dipping and swallowing too much and i've made my throat sore. I just have a little cold or allergies. I can just relax, take care of myself and it will go away. I don't have to plan to go the doctor if it doesn't go away in x days. I don't have to fear biopsies and probes and tracheotomies and the rest. I can just relax and get better, consider changing up my diet and/or pop some allergy meds. WHAT A RELIEF that i NEVER EXPECTED!

thanks!
True, True, True. I love seeing you celebrate being free. I'm with you, I'm terrified of "probes"
Amen. I remember those days and I don't want to go back to those days either. Nice just to deal with the 1 problem and not having a larger concern rolling around in your head. Quit with you all day brother!

QLF with you EDD Brett!
Great post. I can remember days I'd get sick, have a sore throat, and be worried about throat cancer, with a dip in!
Quit on brother Brett!
Amen, Brother.
Freedom. It's a beautiful thing. I'm quit with you pal.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
It's always an honor to meet men of integrity who get life... Who enjoy life... Who live a good life. It just rings out of their speech and mannerisms. You know their life isn't perfect but they dont use it as an excuse of any sort... that's what makes it all the more real and satisfying to know such a dude. My pleasure to have met you and hung out a li'l bit yesterday brother. Made my quit solid... Not just for that day but in general. We come from different places but... We're just men at the core. Living and fighting the same general battles.

Quit on m'man... I'll be right there with ya!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »

thanks!

QLF with you EDD Brett!
Quit on brother Brett!
Amen, Brother.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »

thanks!

QLF with you EDD Brett!
Quit on brother Brett!
Amen, Brother.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »

thanks!

QLF with you EDD Brett!
Quit on brother Brett!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »

thanks!

QLF with you EDD Brett!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »

thanks!

QLF with you EDD Brett!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »

thanks!

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2014, 10:43:00 PM »

thanks!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »

thanks!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech