Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31645 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Quote from: ihatecope
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: CBird65
This week I've been travelling for work, from Tuesday through Friday, in DC. Getting a real quit workout, too!  I knew it'd be a challenge.

Used to be: DC was an especially tricky dipping destination when I came here. You usually don't get a car, so transportation is tough. And, it's hard to find supply if you run out or low-- so, I learned the hard way to stock up before coming in. Then, you dress well and stay out of the hotel for a long term, on public transportaiton, going through security to get into buildings-- talk about a ninja challenge! and you have to pack it on your person somewhere, becuase it's not likley to be at a corner store just outside where you are-- there aren't such stores, reliably anyway. And where do you put it- in your suit pocket? What about the metal detectors- can't let others see it by taking it out of the pocket to get through there.... it's a real obstacle course. And, then, how and where do you spit? Nope, gotta maintain a delicate balance of size of dip so that you can swallow, or risk having to spit discretely on a marble floor somewhere or make an emergency run to a bathroom - how about in the Senate office building for example- just so you can spit. And hope there's not a quick spit buildup, so you dont' have to either swallow it and get sick or have to gurgle out a question about where the bathroom is.   Ridiculous, but real.  Now, I'm' free of that and it feels like a city dog that got off its leash and is running though the neighborhood just because it feels good to be free!

Also, though, the triggers are pretty deep and that means I've been running a gauntlet of craves. That means I"m winning a lot though, because i'm smacking the bitch back whenever she raisees her ugly head. I"m thinking the triggers are strong because they had to be, in order to overcome the terrible inconvenience dipping is here. The addiction had to make sure I knew damned well i'd better keep the supply coming, even though it was very hard and complicated to do that.

The travelling part is interesting. You are essentially alone when travelling. That means lots of alone time with the nicbitch keeping you company. She loves travelling, despite the inconvenience, and she just ramps up the triggers to accomodate the inconveniences, like i desribed earlier. However, recall that the addiction means that she takes over the brain circuitry that makes you want to make friends. It does feel very different with that circuitry in myself coming into a state of being nicotine free. I actually enjoy and find myself having more, pleasurable, interactions all along my travels. I still have habits of keeping to myself, but i'm finding that it's more fun to not keep to myself, to reach out to fellow travelers and other people I meet and actually engage with them. What the $*^#*, i've always aspired to that but felt shy in some ways and that held be back. And I battled it but never felt free. No damned wonder, I find now, since my brain chemistry has been hijacked all this time and I was incabable of healthy free relating with people .

So glad to be free from the shit. So glad to be growing up again after the shit worked its way into my brain. So f-ing thankful that I have this opportunity to live. And it's just starting.
keep bringing it every damn day. it's amazing all the freedoms we willingly sacrificed to kneel at her feet. a word to the wise, keep your head on a swivel, as the nic bitch likes to change up the point of attack and her disguise
Yes, see how easy life can be when you do not have to worry how to feed an addiction? Well done!

PS

I got stuck in DC once without my can. I was miserable till I got my fix.
I hope that at some point in the rewiring process, my neurons rewire themselves so I do a little better job at noticing errors in my typing! hahahaha! Seriously, sometimes when I see what I wrote, like the above, and see all the typos I cringe! oh well, you all take me as I come here, and for some reason it's really as bad typist sometimes! Can't blame autocorrect either, when I'm not on my phone. But I really don't see all the errors the first time! So be it, I know what I'm saying and it does have value when I look back at where I've been. I noticed the typing was bad early on too- attributed it to fog.

Another good point about DC --- ihatecope told me grizzclaws lives over that way, so I got in touch with grizzclaws and we'll do a get together next time I get out. Looking forward to that, as long as he doesn't want to go fishing!

If any newer quitters aren't aware of the meetup topic forums, CBird explained to me that you can track the topics of a meetup in a particular area, and then if someone comes to that area and posts you'll get a notice that someone posted- and perhaps meet face to face. Thanks Cbird!
Brett, the Potomac is full of snakeheads. I'll get my brother in law's boat. We're goin fishing. I'll buy the sunflower seeds.
Reason to quit number 102: You will make more friends. The nic bitch is selfish she would have us believe that she is our only friend while stabbing us in the back.

LMFAO on the fishing pic. Anyone care to see mike fishing in DC should request a copy of that pic.
I could really relate to your travels. I was on the road this week as well.

The one thing to think about is that you are NO LONGER traveling with the nic B. We used to and she used to dictate our entire trip... Tell us what to do the entire time. No more my friend. You are no longer owned.

Every day you post roll and quit is a day the nic B is not controlling your life. You are dictating your actions and are back in control. She is still trying to nudge her way back... But not today!

This road trip for you was your first solo work trip in a while... Well done!

Proud to be quit with you today brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
This week I've been travelling for work, from Tuesday through Friday, in DC. Getting a real quit workout, too!  I knew it'd be a challenge.

Used to be: DC was an especially tricky dipping destination when I came here. You usually don't get a car, so transportation is tough. And, it's hard to find supply if you run out or low-- so, I learned the hard way to stock up before coming in. Then, you dress well and stay out of the hotel for a long term, on public transportaiton, going through security to get into buildings-- talk about a ninja challenge! and you have to pack it on your person somewhere, becuase it's not likley to be at a corner store just outside where you are-- there aren't such stores, reliably anyway. And where do you put it- in your suit pocket? What about the metal detectors- can't let others see it by taking it out of the pocket to get through there.... it's a real obstacle course. And, then, how and where do you spit? Nope, gotta maintain a delicate balance of size of dip so that you can swallow, or risk having to spit discretely on a marble floor somewhere or make an emergency run to a bathroom - how about in the Senate office building for example- just so you can spit. And hope there's not a quick spit buildup, so you dont' have to either swallow it and get sick or have to gurgle out a question about where the bathroom is.   Ridiculous, but real.  Now, I'm' free of that and it feels like a city dog that got off its leash and is running though the neighborhood just because it feels good to be free!

Also, though, the triggers are pretty deep and that means I've been running a gauntlet of craves. That means I"m winning a lot though, because i'm smacking the bitch back whenever she raisees her ugly head. I"m thinking the triggers are strong because they had to be, in order to overcome the terrible inconvenience dipping is here. The addiction had to make sure I knew damned well i'd better keep the supply coming, even though it was very hard and complicated to do that.

The travelling part is interesting. You are essentially alone when travelling. That means lots of alone time with the nicbitch keeping you company. She loves travelling, despite the inconvenience, and she just ramps up the triggers to accomodate the inconveniences, like i desribed earlier. However, recall that the addiction means that she takes over the brain circuitry that makes you want to make friends. It does feel very different with that circuitry in myself coming into a state of being nicotine free. I actually enjoy and find myself having more, pleasurable, interactions all along my travels. I still have habits of keeping to myself, but i'm finding that it's more fun to not keep to myself, to reach out to fellow travelers and other people I meet and actually engage with them. What the $*^#*, i've always aspired to that but felt shy in some ways and that held be back. And I battled it but never felt free. No damned wonder, I find now, since my brain chemistry has been hijacked all this time and I was incabable of healthy free relating with people .

So glad to be free from the shit. So glad to be growing up again after the shit worked its way into my brain. So f-ing thankful that I have this opportunity to live. And it's just starting.
keep bringing it every damn day. it's amazing all the freedoms we willingly sacrificed to kneel at her feet. a word to the wise, keep your head on a swivel, as the nic bitch likes to change up the point of attack and her disguise
Yes, see how easy life can be when you do not have to worry how to feed an addiction? Well done!

PS

I hope that at some point in the rewiring process, my neurons rewire themselves so I do a little better job at noticing errors in my typing! hahahaha! Seriously, sometimes when I see what I wrote, like the above, and see all the typos I cringe! oh well, you all take me as I come here, and for some reason it's really as bad typist sometimes! Can't blame autocorrect either, when I'm not on my phone. But I really don't see all the errors the first time! So be it, I know what I'm saying and it does have value when I look back at where I've been. I noticed the typing was bad early on too- attributed it to fog.

Another good point about DC --- ihatecope told me grizzclaws lives over that way, so I got in touch with grizzclaws and we'll do a get together next time I get out. Looking forward to that, as long as he doesn't want to go fishing!

If any newer quitters aren't aware of the meetup topic forums, CBird explained to me that you can track the topics of a meetup in a particular area, and then if someone comes to that area and posts you'll get a notice that someone posted- and perhaps meet face to face. Thanks Cbird!
Brett, the Potomac is full of snakeheads. I'll get my brother in law's boat. We're goin fishing. I'll buy the sunflower seeds.
Reason to quit number 102: You will make more friends. The nic bitch is selfish she would have us believe that she is our only friend while stabbing us in the back.

LMFAO on the fishing pic. Anyone care to see mike fishing in DC should request a copy of that pic.
Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »

PS

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2013, 09:18:00 PM »

PS

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »

Used to be: DC was an especially tricky dipping destination when I came here. You usually don't get a car, so transportation is tough. And, it's hard to find supply if you run out or low-- so, I learned the hard way to stock up before coming in. Then, you dress well and stay out of the hotel for a long term, on public transportaiton, going through security to get into buildings-- talk about a ninja challenge! and you have to pack it on your person somewhere, becuase it's not likley to be at a corner store just outside where you are-- there aren't such stores, reliably anyway. And where do you put it- in your suit pocket? What about the metal detectors- can't let others see it by taking it out of the pocket to get through there.... it's a real obstacle course. And, then, how and where do you spit? Nope, gotta maintain a delicate balance of size of dip so that you can swallow, or risk having to spit discretely on a marble floor somewhere or make an emergency run to a bathroom - how about in the Senate office building for example- just so you can spit. And hope there's not a quick spit buildup, so you dont' have to either swallow it and get sick or have to gurgle out a question about where the bathroom is.  Ridiculous, but real.  Now, I'm' free of that and it feels like a city dog that got off its leash and is running though the neighborhood just because it feels good to be free!

PS

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
This week I've been travelling for work, from Tuesday through Friday, in DC. Getting a real quit workout, too! I knew it'd be a challenge.

Used to be: DC was an especially tricky dipping destination when I came here. You usually don't get a car, so transportation is tough. And, it's hard to find supply if you run out or low-- so, I learned the hard way to stock up before coming in. Then, you dress well and stay out of the hotel for a long term, on public transportaiton, going through security to get into buildings-- talk about a ninja challenge! and you have to pack it on your person somewhere, becuase it's not likley to be at a corner store just outside where you are-- there aren't such stores, reliably anyway. And where do you put it- in your suit pocket? What about the metal detectors- can't let others see it by taking it out of the pocket to get through there.... it's a real obstacle course. And, then, how and where do you spit? Nope, gotta maintain a delicate balance of size of dip so that you can swallow, or risk having to spit discretely on a marble floor somewhere or make an emergency run to a bathroom - how about in the Senate office building for example- just so you can spit. And hope there's not a quick spit buildup, so you dont' have to either swallow it and get sick or have to gurgle out a question about where the bathroom is. Ridiculous, but real. Now, I'm' free of that and it feels like a city dog that got off its leash and is running though the neighborhood just because it feels good to be free!

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
This week I've been travelling for work, from Tuesday through Friday, in DC. Getting a real quit workout, too! I knew it'd be a challenge.

Used to be: DC was an especially tricky dipping destination when I came here. You usually don't get a car, so transportation is tough. And, it's hard to find supply if you run out or low-- so, I learned the hard way to stock up before coming in. Then, you dress well and stay out of the hotel for a long term, on public transportaiton, going through security to get into buildings-- talk about a ninja challenge! and you have to pack it on your person somewhere, becuase it's not likley to be at a corner store just outside where you are-- there aren't such stores, reliably anyway. And where do you put it- in your suit pocket? What about the metal detectors- can't let others see it by taking it out of the pocket to get through there.... it's a real obstacle course. And, then, how and where do you spit? Nope, gotta maintain a delicate balance of size of dip so that you can swallow, or risk having to spit discretely on a marble floor somewhere or make an emergency run to a bathroom - how about in the Senate office building for example- just so you can spit. And hope there's not a quick spit buildup, so you dont' have to either swallow it and get sick or have to gurgle out a question about where the bathroom is. Ridiculous, but real. Now, I'm' free of that and it feels like a city dog that got off its leash and is running though the neighborhood just because it feels good to be free!

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Quote from: ihatecope
Honestly I have to say I've been feeling a lot of anxiety, and my temper/rage seems to be bad lately. Today I left the house so I won't blow up at the kids. I'm at day 47 and from what I can tell and what some vets are sAying, this is probably part of my recovery.

I found that delving into the site here, my continued addiction, has helped.  Today I found a real treasure trove of quit philosophy and insight - and if anyone is a newer quitter in search of some inspiration, check out skoalMonster's intro thread. Not to be missed, and now my quit is stronger.

If I knew how to put. Link to it here I would. Maybe somebody could post one here? Anyway, thanks sM and all the rest who put wisdom in there!
SkoalMonster's Intro Thread

If you want to clear some fog or relieve symptoms of suck, take some SM. Works every time.
thanks fellas, glad it helps

sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
Congrats. Day 50. Petal to the metal on the quit machine.
ThatÂ’s:
- 50 days of freedom
- 50 days of not investing in your own jaw cancer
- 50 days of not looking like a redneck sister/brother fucker who will also dabbles with livestock.
Sorry, I might have gotten a little carried away with that last one.
QLF IÂ’m quit with you.

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Honestly I have to say I've been feeling a lot of anxiety, and my temper/rage seems to be bad lately. Today I left the house so I won't blow up at the kids. I'm at day 47 and from what I can tell and what some vets are sAying, this is probably part of my recovery.

I found that delving into the site here, my continued addiction, has helped.  Today I found a real treasure trove of quit philosophy and insight - and if anyone is a newer quitter in search of some inspiration, check out skoalMonster's intro thread. Not to be missed, and now my quit is stronger.

If I knew how to put. Link to it here I would. Maybe somebody could post one here? Anyway, thanks sM and all the rest who put wisdom in there!
SkoalMonster's Intro Thread

If you want to clear some fog or relieve symptoms of suck, take some SM. Works every time.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

I found that delving into the site here, my continued addiction, has helped. Today I found a real treasure trove of quit philosophy and insight - and if anyone is a newer quitter in search of some inspiration, check out skoalMonster's intro thread. Not to be missed, and now my quit is stronger.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
Looks like you are beating this thing and taking names, I knew you had it in you.

The loss of temper thing goes away, I was seriously concerned with mine but it's normal now.

From my quit scale: Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now

Everything got way better after that.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Godamn! I love reading this shit from the guys that have been quit longer than me! I am so Fucking pumped up right now to stay quit! The nicotine is a fucking lie shoved in our faces without us knowing how fucking destructive it is to our tissues and our brains. All in the name of keeping us feeding and spending our money, fucking up our families and on and on and on....
I cant remember the me before dipping but I am starting to catch glimpses of him from time to time since my quit and I love it.

Quitting Like Fuck Today with Brettless and Deisel2112

"Proud swagger out of the schoolyard, waiting for the worlds applause..."
..."rebel without a conscience, martyr without a cause..."

The Pass...a great tune and relatable to this site

Their are many "trembling on a rocky ledge, staring out into a heartless sea..."

Cavers, "set a bad example. Make surrender seem alright, like the act of a noble warrior, who lost the will to FIGHT".

Keep fighting, people.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
Godamn! I love reading this shit from the guys that have been quit longer than me! I am so Fucking pumped up right now to stay quit! The nicotine is a fucking lie shoved in our faces without us knowing how fucking destructive it is to our tissues and our brains. All in the name of keeping us feeding and spending our money, fucking up our families and on and on and on....
I cant remember the me before dipping but I am starting to catch glimpses of him from time to time since my quit and I love it.

Quitting Like Fuck Today with Brettless and Deisel2112

"Proud swagger out of the schoolyard, waiting for the worlds applause..."

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
It's the fucking lizard-brain part of us, that part of the brain's systems to ensure survival instincts like DRINKING LIQUIDS that nicotine takes over. No damned wonder you gotta quit hard or go home! I'm still reeling!