Author Topic: I am quitting  (Read 16305 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am quitting
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: ppolcyn
i am done.
What do you mean by that? Just curious.
Done posting
For how long?
You going to wimp out,, take the easy road, take the road back to slavery?
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
i am done.
Done posting
For how long?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
i am done.
Done posting
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
i am done.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »
i am done.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: T-Cell
I just realized that I will never beat the Nic bitch. Every day she will try to sink her claws into me and get me to cave. I am an addict. I have a battle on my hands for the rest of my life. No matter how strong I feel my quit is, I will always be just one bad decision away from being her slave again.

Does this mean I give up? Fuck no! I will battle this whore until the day I die.

Is it a winnable war? Ultimately, no. But I can win the battle each and every day.
I like the way your quit is going Paul, keep it up.
I agree, the battle will be every day for the rest of your life. But that battle gets much easier as time goes on and it simply isn't difficult to win each and every day, particularly if you only worry about today.
I disagree about winning the war though. Yes, we will all die eventually. That is inevidable. But it most likely won't be because we poisoned ourselves to death any more. I call that a win.
I picture it as more of a hill climb than fighting a war.
Unfortunately, it's a long hill. Very steep in the first few steps
Fortunately, the hill's pitch lessens the higher up you go.
Analogies are like a$$holes, everyone has one...
this is a poor way to think of it...you are never just one bad decision away...Post roll first thing every day and take the bitch of the table for that day! Your word as a man is at stake there is no way the bitch can compete with that!

please do not look ahead this early it can be very intimidating...just simply quit for today...then get up tomorrow and quit for today!

Never.Give.The.Bitch.A.Chance!

Do not ever try to fight her fair, get up every morning and kick the bitch in the gunt and move on!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
I just realized that I will never beat the Nic bitch. Every day she will try to sink her claws into me and get me to cave. I am an addict. I have a battle on my hands for the rest of my life. No matter how strong I feel my quit is, I will always be just one bad decision away from being her slave again.

Does this mean I give up? Fuck no! I will battle this whore until the day I die.

Is it a winnable war? Ultimately, no. But I can win the battle each and every day.
I agree, the battle will be every day for the rest of your life. But that battle gets much easier as time goes on and it simply isn't difficult to win each and every day, particularly if you only worry about today.
I disagree about winning the war though. Yes, we will all die eventually. That is inevidable. But it most likely won't be because we poisoned ourselves to death any more. I call that a win.
I picture it as more of a hill climb than fighting a war.
Unfortunately, it's a long hill. Very steep in the first few steps
Fortunately, the hill's pitch lessens the higher up you go.
Analogies are like a$$holes, everyone has one...
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to the guys who have brought me to the light:

C-bird, T-Cell, Coach Steve, Wastepanel, J2B, Ginet, Diesel, cmark, sir derek and many more; Thanx a bunch guys

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Knockout
I don't know if many people around here have taken the time to think about what we have going on here.

When I do, it brings me to tears. We have a group of absolute strangers who are saving each other's lives.  How fucking awesome is that? Never has anyone done so much for me without asking for anything (except for me honoring my own word) in return.

This is some pretty fucking legendary shit here. You guys are just one massive dose of almighty amazingness.

Members of my own family are not supportive like you guys are. This is both troubling and telling. First, troubling; because my own family is supposed to love me and support me. My oldest brother laughed at me in front of one of his classes when I told him that I quit dipping.
Telling; it speaks volumes about the character of the people on this site. Unconditionally loving absolute total strangers. Amazing.

Ok. I just wanted to say a deep, heartfelt thank you to everyone supporting each other on here.
Addiction can be extremely lonely. I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to who had no one before KTC who they could talk to. Family members may or may not show support, but regardless, 99% of them have no idea what you are going through. The willpower it takes to not only bring yourself here, but to battle through the suck and stay QUIT, that is something only your QUIT brothers and sisters can understand and help you through.

We are QUIT together, because there is no other way. And if you drink the kool-aid, then hopefully we will be joined by this for the rest of our lives.

I QUIT with you today. Keep your hate strong for the nic bitch and never let her weasel her way into a positive light within your mind.

Oh and tell your brother to sit on a tack (:
Mark this day as a mental and physical turning point when you finally pulled the mask off the nic bitch and exposed her ugly lying ass! You are learning the tools to face and beat down the bitch and I see you using them this time. Never stop sharpening your weaponry or being vigilant in protecting and strengthening your quit defense.
Don't you mean vigorant Bird?

p.s. 'BanDog'
Good to see you drinking the koolaide Paul. We are stronger together. Don't be too hard on your family, unless you've been stuffing poison in your piehole for a while it is pretty hard to understand. I would be tempted to kick my brother in the nuts however for no support...
You have a lot of ups and downs coming still Paul. Keep building that quit so you are always prepared...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
I don't know if many people around here have taken the time to think about what we have going on here.

When I do, it brings me to tears. We have a group of absolute strangers who are saving each other's lives.  How fucking awesome is that? Never has anyone done so much for me without asking for anything (except for me honoring my own word) in return.

This is some pretty fucking legendary shit here. You guys are just one massive dose of almighty amazingness.

Members of my own family are not supportive like you guys are. This is both troubling and telling. First, troubling; because my own family is supposed to love me and support me. My oldest brother laughed at me in front of one of his classes when I told him that I quit dipping.
Telling; it speaks volumes about the character of the people on this site. Unconditionally loving absolute total strangers. Amazing.

Ok. I just wanted to say a deep, heartfelt thank you to everyone supporting each other on here.
Addiction can be extremely lonely. I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to who had no one before KTC who they could talk to. Family members may or may not show support, but regardless, 99% of them have no idea what you are going through. The willpower it takes to not only bring yourself here, but to battle through the suck and stay QUIT, that is something only your QUIT brothers and sisters can understand and help you through.

We are QUIT together, because there is no other way. And if you drink the kool-aid, then hopefully we will be joined by this for the rest of our lives.

I QUIT with you today. Keep your hate strong for the nic bitch and never let her weasel her way into a positive light within your mind.

Mark this day as a mental and physical turning point when you finally pulled the mask off the nic bitch and exposed her ugly lying ass! You are learning the tools to face and beat down the bitch and I see you using them this time. Never stop sharpening your weaponry or being vigilant in protecting and strengthening your quit defense.
Don't you mean vigorant Bird?

p.s. 'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2014, 01:59:00 AM »

When I do, it brings me to tears. We have a group of absolute strangers who are saving each other's lives. How fucking awesome is that? Never has anyone done so much for me without asking for anything (except for me honoring my own word) in return.

Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline LifeAfterDip

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
I'm proud of everyone in the April group. You bastards push me every single day. And even though this is likely one of the most difficult things I'll ever do, my brothers in quit make me look forward to it.
Quit date: 1/6/2014

Do you remember nicotine? Do you truly remember her? The way she controlled you financially, emotionally and physically? The lies she whispered in your ear daily? Remember how one dip was too many and one thousand was never enough? Yeah, so do I. That's why I'm here. That's why I post roll. That's why I support my brothers and sisters. Because I remember her too damn well.