Author Topic: DAY 3 AND FEEL AWESOME  (Read 18366 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DAY 3 AND FEEL AWESOME
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
I don't want to toss a wet blanket on your quit here but this is sounding like a stoppage and not a quit. I will give you my reasoning behind this. In the past if I had something I had to stop for, for example an insurance nicotine test I could do it not a problem no quaking, not much for withdrawals not much of anything that was because I knew all I had to make it to was day____. I knew I would be back with my mistress in short order. When I quit since we quit only once and knew NAFAR never again for any reason.... it was awful physical withdrawals were awful my mind played tricks on me my addict brain was looking for a way out. I found this place because I knew I needed help I knew I couldn't do this on my own so I by punched in some probably non-recognizable jibberish on my keyboard (I am not a super religious person) but by the grace of god I found this place. I brought my wrecked ass here and within minutes I began to be educated on what nicotine is and what it can do.

Hell I knew didactics of addiction and shit that was for crack heads and meth fiends that wasn't me. Well hell let me tell ya the difference between us and crack heads is the legality of our substances. Nothing more.

All this being said I challenge you to take a deep look into your quit ask yourself am I really quit or stopped miles difference between the terms? Do I have a deeply hidden agenda in my addict brain? Have I focused enough intrinsically to have developed the change of mindset to know nicotine is a poison. Again I am not challenging your quit if this is real your are in the minority population on this site the majority would not feel this same way after 5 days of quit.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
its one thing to come on and say that you aren't going through it all...good for you...and yes there have been some in my short time that don't go through much at first but they all inevitably get smacked in the face with it...thats not my point anyhow...my point is you come on here talking about God and religion and all that but you have acted like an arrogant prick (be humble before God) and acting like we are all a bunch of idiots and don't know what we're talking about. Congrats on not having any symptoms yet...thats awesome..be Grateful. I would say that 99% of the people i've met on here are highly educated people and the way you talk down to pretty much everyone isn't going to get you very far. If you don't want the support then go away
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: WCWBigNasty
WELL PERHAPS IN ALL OF THE YEARS THIS SITE HAS BEEN AROUND SURLEY I CANT BE THE FIRST TO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE "ISSUES" THAT EVERYONE SPEAKS ABOUT. WHEN I READ THESE REPLYS ITS ALMOST AS IF YOU WISHED I DID HAVE THEM OR WOULD HAVE THEM SO i CAN EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU DID, AND THATS NOT REAL. I AM NOT EXPERIENCING ANY EFFECTS OF ADDICTION, NO FOG, NO NOTHING SO WHEN I READ ABOUT WHATS TO COME OR YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, ITS LIKE A SMACK IN THE FACE BECAUSE I AM NOT EXPERIENCING WHAT YOU DID.
Good for you! Not everyone has it so easy. In any case, easy or not, just stay quit.

Or maybe this is all a "Big Show". ;)
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline WCWBigNasty

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-07
  • Interests: FAMILY, PRO WRESTLING, COOKING AND BY THAT I MEAN MY FAMILY COMES FIRST, i AM A 14 YEAR VET OF PRO WRESTLING, AND I AM A CHEF. ANYTHING ELSE ASK ME
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
HEY WINTER GREEN I AM A CHAMPION THAT IS ALL, AND QUIT ON I WILL

Offline WCWBigNasty

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: FAMILY, PRO WRESTLING, COOKING AND BY THAT I MEAN MY FAMILY COMES FIRST, i AM A 14 YEAR VET OF PRO WRESTLING, AND I AM A CHEF. ANYTHING ELSE ASK ME
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
WELL PERHAPS IN ALL OF THE YEARS THIS SITE HAS BEEN AROUND SURLEY I CANT BE THE FIRST TO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE "ISSUES" THAT EVERYONE SPEAKS ABOUT. WHEN I READ THESE REPLYS ITS ALMOST AS IF YOU WISHED I DID HAVE THEM OR WOULD HAVE THEM SO i CAN EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU DID, AND THATS NOT REAL. I AM NOT EXPERIENCING ANY EFFECTS OF ADDICTION, NO FOG, NO NOTHING SO WHEN I READ ABOUT WHATS TO COME OR YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, ITS LIKE A SMACK IN THE FACE BECAUSE I AM NOT EXPERIENCING WHAT YOU DID.

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: pbrain04
I wish I knew your secret.

I am 131 days quit and my fog was so bad yesterday afternoon I almost stepped in front of a bus.

Then I forgot to get off the train and went two extra stops.
You wouldnt understand Pbrain, he is a professional, trained leader, and conqorer of nicotine. Everyone else on this site obviously comes from poor, uneducated backgrounds and have no careers or experience in anything but flipping burgers. Maybe he should just rewright the rules and regulations of this site the way he wants it to be. Maybe we can talk Chewie into posting his picture on the main site page so everyone knows what a true leader looks like. Or maybe he will shut his mouth and take advice from people and apreciate them trying to help or prepare you for what may come. Your an arrogant punk.
Quit on
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
I wish I knew your secret.

I am 131 days quit and my fog was so bad yesterday afternoon I almost stepped in front of a bus.

Then I forgot to get off the train and went two extra stops.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
I thought the saying goes "be humble before God"....now i am no theologian and i have never hid behind God to proclaim to be something i'm not but i know i've heard that somewhere.... 'Crazy' but really thanks for again proving to me why separation of church and state is such a good idea...too bad we couldn't have that rule here at KTC as well
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
well im a mother fucking champion, day 5 not a single issue, all the negitivity check it at the door, im rolling one day at a time and each one of those days is a walk in the park, a cake walk, easy peasy.  dont need to hear about some bitch creeping up, or battles in the future, or wha wha wha, im good.  if in 5 days i havent had a single issue with, cracing, withdrawls, nothing then its not gonna happen, just because it may have happened for you, i dont need to hear how its gonna happen you dont know.  one thing i dont get about this group is obviously no one has had leadership training or motivation training, because as i read all of these post its like lead with a negitive then follow up with a positive, psych 101 will tell you when you lead with a negitive 98% of all readers or hearers tune you out immediately.  anyway DAY 5 Bitches and i am dip free
AWESOME!?!
This is how you quit! Don't address any issues and never accept the fact that you have a problem with nicotine. I'm glad you can see that now! I apparently, as so many others have, been doing this wrong. My bad bro, I'll let you show us how it's done.
'Popcorn'

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: jayd41
well im a mother fucking champion, day 5 not a single issue, all the negitivity check it at the door, im rolling one day at a time and each one of those days is a walk in the park, a cake walk, easy peasy.  dont need to hear about some bitch creeping up, or battles in the future, or wha wha wha, im good.  if in 5 days i havent had a single issue with, cracing, withdrawls, nothing then its not gonna happen, just because it may have happened for you, i dont need to hear how its gonna happen you dont know.  one thing i dont get about this group is obviously no one has had leadership training or motivation training, because as i read all of these post its like lead with a negitive then follow up with a positive, psych 101 will tell you when you lead with a negitive 98% of all readers or hearers tune you out immediately.  anyway DAY 5 Bitches and i am dip free
you got it figured out then man...you are the "special butterfly."
What is your secret? I'm being serious. This could help others quit. Are you going to pay it forward?
Congrats on 5 days.

Please donÂ’t interpret this as preaching or being argumentative, but instead as trying to help a quitter understand exactly whatÂ’s happening here. The folks commenting here may or may not be professionally trained. We are a very diverse group with a lot of backgrounds. ThatÂ’s what makes it work, IMO. The posts may not fit any mold that is supposed to work, but IÂ’ll tell you why: because they are genuine, heartfelt responses. When a presenter tailors his speech and wording to fit the psych directives and accepted speech patterns, the raw emotion is lost. We care, and we get emotional (some more than others). Some get irate. ItÂ’s just a bunch of different personalities coming through. I usually just focus in on the ones that fit my low-key demeanor and ignore the rest. ThatÂ’s the beauty of shopping at KTC. You can take what you need and leave the rest, just like at ole WallyWorld.

The way I see it, two things are true:
1. Something caught your interest enough to keep you here.
2.   You are quit.

Nothing else really matters to me.

Offline WCWBigNasty

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
MINNY TAKE A FUCKING NAP, NO YAWNING IN HERE THIS IS FOR CHAMPIONS ONLY, GO CRAWL IN YOUR NIC COMA SOMEWHERE ELSE

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
well im a mother fucking champion, day 5 not a single issue, all the negitivity check it at the door, im rolling one day at a time and each one of those days is a walk in the park, a cake walk, easy peasy. dont need to hear about some bitch creeping up, or battles in the future, or wha wha wha, im good. if in 5 days i havent had a single issue with, cracing, withdrawls, nothing then its not gonna happen, just because it may have happened for you, i dont need to hear how its gonna happen you dont know. one thing i dont get about this group is obviously no one has had leadership training or motivation training, because as i read all of these post its like lead with a negitive then follow up with a positive, psych 101 will tell you when you lead with a negitive 98% of all readers or hearers tune you out immediately. anyway DAY 5 Bitches and i am dip free
*yawn*
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline WCWBigNasty

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
AWESOME!?!
THANKS MAN

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
well im a mother fucking champion, day 5 not a single issue, all the negitivity check it at the door, im rolling one day at a time and each one of those days is a walk in the park, a cake walk, easy peasy. dont need to hear about some bitch creeping up, or battles in the future, or wha wha wha, im good. if in 5 days i havent had a single issue with, cracing, withdrawls, nothing then its not gonna happen, just because it may have happened for you, i dont need to hear how its gonna happen you dont know. one thing i dont get about this group is obviously no one has had leadership training or motivation training, because as i read all of these post its like lead with a negitive then follow up with a positive, psych 101 will tell you when you lead with a negitive 98% of all readers or hearers tune you out immediately. anyway DAY 5 Bitches and i am dip free
AWESOME!?!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
you got it figured out then man...you are the "special butterfly."
What is your secret? I'm being serious. This could help others quit. Are you going to pay it forward?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018