• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Day 1
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
Quote from: jlud007
What's up quitters!

Day 52 today and I figured I was due to update the old intro thread.

I am so proud after all my struggles with this crud all these years, I never believed it was possible to truly be quit like this.

Quit is starting to feel like my default state now and it feels so damn good, nothing is perfect and I still have moments and cravings but the freedom is really starting to soak in.  I was chatting with a quit group mate the other day and it has become clear that it's time to work on some other healthy changes and find some healthy addictions to fill the void now, because I don't need that constant focus to keep quit now.  I just can't express how much I appreciate all of you here, because whether we have shared a chat, text or PM or not, practically all of you that post here on a regular basis are my constant support and inspiration.

Thanks fellas!

.....oh and ladies too!

'oh yeah'
^^^^^That's one kick ass DUCK!
Nice update

Offline Minny

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
What's up quitters!

I am so proud after all my struggles with this crud all these years, I never believed it was possible to truly be quit like this.

Quit is starting to feel like my default state now and it feels so damn good, nothing is perfect and I still have moments and cravings but the freedom is really starting to soak in. I was chatting with a quit group mate the other day and it has become clear that it's time to work on some other healthy changes and find some healthy addictions to fill the void now, because I don't need that constant focus to keep quit now. I just can't express how much I appreciate all of you here, because whether we have shared a chat, text or PM or not, practically all of you that post here on a regular basis are my constant support and inspiration.

Thanks fellas!

.....oh and ladies too!

'oh yeah'
^^^^^That's one kick ass DUCK!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
What's up quitters!

Quit is starting to feel like my default state now and it feels so damn good, nothing is perfect and I still have moments and cravings but the freedom is really starting to soak in. I was chatting with a quit group mate the other day and it has become clear that it's time to work on some other healthy changes and find some healthy addictions to fill the void now, because I don't need that constant focus to keep quit now. I just can't express how much I appreciate all of you here, because whether we have shared a chat, text or PM or not, practically all of you that post here on a regular basis are my constant support and inspiration.

Thanks fellas!

.....oh and ladies too!

'oh yeah'

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: derk40
Day 42 , I suppose I'm due for an update.  Honestly I am kind of wandering through my quit right now.  Posting roll and minimal contact with quit brothers, nothing crazy just don't feel like talking, texting, chatting very much right now.  I can't tell if I am in some kind of danger zone or just working through yet another funk.  My quit is as important to me as ever, but just haven't felt enthusiasm for it lately.  Honestly if I was going to let down my brothers it would have been today.  My attitude was not very good and on the way back to work after lunch I stopped in my favorite convenience store to pick up some gum and seeds for my stockpile.  The guy working the counter tosses my favorite can of poison on the counter, I have told him I quit but he apparently forgot.  I about had a heart attack, there it was, right there, who would know?  I would, I would also have explain my actions to guys that have stood shoulder to shoulder with me for 42 days, I would no longer be an October Duck Fipper.  I chuckled and told him just the seeds thanks, reminded him I quit and moved on with my day....still quit.  I've watched guys fall away from our group, watched new guys flash in and out, watched guys that failed and returned with all manner of time behind them in my 42 days quit.  Today and God willing when I wake up tomorrow, I choose to stay quit with the rest of you quitters.
007... I looked up your roll posts and you are 42/42. 100%. That is great and shows your dedication to your quit! Awesome job batting away the potential cave scenario at the c-store today. That is how you do it. Your quit looks strong to me. Don't doubt yourself.

If you feel you need to get more active, then do it. The brotherhood is what makes this place strong. I do think all quits ebb/flow. You can't do everything all the time. You will burn out. The main thing you need to do is post roll  stay quit today. No exceptions to those 2. You do those 2 things during the day  your quit is a success.

Hang in there bro, you are doing it! ODAAT! Stay quit!
What you had was a choice life or death you 007 chose life you made a conscience decision to not cave you chose to live you defended what you have worked for 42/42. We defend our +1's daily by giving our word to ourselves and all our brothers and sisters on this site. Strong work you battled back the bitch even though you were not at your strongest. keep quit Jlud quit with you today
007 I hear you and I think I'm in a similar place. You're 6 weeks quit, so the excitement and constant need for quit talk are fading. This doesn't mean you're weakening or losing focus, I just think you've found a more comfortable place in your quit. When I hit this stage I mistakenly took it for mild depression, but the reality is that my foundation was built and I didn't need to remain so singularly focused on my quit. It's still top priority, but the urgency and enthusiasm have faded because we've gotten used to winning. We can't let our guard down, but neither can we expect to maintain peak-level intensity.

We've gone through some crazy changes over the past few months. From addiction to nicotine to addiction to this website and back down. We're tired. We're out of whack. But now we are rebuilding. Still strong, still connected, still quit.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Day 42 , I suppose I'm due for an update.  Honestly I am kind of wandering through my quit right now.  Posting roll and minimal contact with quit brothers, nothing crazy just don't feel like talking, texting, chatting very much right now.  I can't tell if I am in some kind of danger zone or just working through yet another funk.  My quit is as important to me as ever, but just haven't felt enthusiasm for it lately.  Honestly if I was going to let down my brothers it would have been today.  My attitude was not very good and on the way back to work after lunch I stopped in my favorite convenience store to pick up some gum and seeds for my stockpile.  The guy working the counter tosses my favorite can of poison on the counter, I have told him I quit but he apparently forgot.  I about had a heart attack, there it was, right there, who would know?  I would, I would also have explain my actions to guys that have stood shoulder to shoulder with me for 42 days, I would no longer be an October Duck Fipper.  I chuckled and told him just the seeds thanks, reminded him I quit and moved on with my day....still quit.  I've watched guys fall away from our group, watched new guys flash in and out, watched guys that failed and returned with all manner of time behind them in my 42 days quit.  Today and God willing when I wake up tomorrow, I choose to stay quit with the rest of you quitters.
007... I looked up your roll posts and you are 42/42. 100%. That is great and shows your dedication to your quit! Awesome job batting away the potential cave scenario at the c-store today. That is how you do it. Your quit looks strong to me. Don't doubt yourself.

If you feel you need to get more active, then do it. The brotherhood is what makes this place strong. I do think all quits ebb/flow. You can't do everything all the time. You will burn out. The main thing you need to do is post roll  stay quit today. No exceptions to those 2. You do those 2 things during the day  your quit is a success.

What you had was a choice life or death you 007 chose life you made a conscience decision to not cave you chose to live you defended what you have worked for 42/42. We defend our +1's daily by giving our word to ourselves and all our brothers and sisters on this site. Strong work you battled back the bitch even though you were not at your strongest. keep quit Jlud quit with you today
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
Day 42 , I suppose I'm due for an update. Honestly I am kind of wandering through my quit right now. Posting roll and minimal contact with quit brothers, nothing crazy just don't feel like talking, texting, chatting very much right now. I can't tell if I am in some kind of danger zone or just working through yet another funk. My quit is as important to me as ever, but just haven't felt enthusiasm for it lately. Honestly if I was going to let down my brothers it would have been today. My attitude was not very good and on the way back to work after lunch I stopped in my favorite convenience store to pick up some gum and seeds for my stockpile. The guy working the counter tosses my favorite can of poison on the counter, I have told him I quit but he apparently forgot. I about had a heart attack, there it was, right there, who would know? I would, I would also have explain my actions to guys that have stood shoulder to shoulder with me for 42 days, I would no longer be an October Duck Fipper. I chuckled and told him just the seeds thanks, reminded him I quit and moved on with my day....still quit. I've watched guys fall away from our group, watched new guys flash in and out, watched guys that failed and returned with all manner of time behind them in my 42 days quit. Today and God willing when I wake up tomorrow, I choose to stay quit with the rest of you quitters.

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2013, 07:19:00 PM »
Day 42 , I suppose I'm due for an update. Honestly I am kind of wandering through my quit right now. Posting roll and minimal contact with quit brothers, nothing crazy just don't feel like talking, texting, chatting very much right now. I can't tell if I am in some kind of danger zone or just working through yet another funk. My quit is as important to me as ever, but just haven't felt enthusiasm for it lately. Honestly if I was going to let down my brothers it would have been today. My attitude was not very good and on the way back to work after lunch I stopped in my favorite convenience store to pick up some gum and seeds for my stockpile. The guy working the counter tosses my favorite can of poison on the counter, I have told him I quit but he apparently forgot. I about had a heart attack, there it was, right there, who would know? I would, I would also have explain my actions to guys that have stood shoulder to shoulder with me for 42 days, I would no longer be an October Duck Fipper. I chuckled and told him just the seeds thanks, reminded him I quit and moved on with my day....still quit. I've watched guys fall away from our group, watched new guys flash in and out, watched guys that failed and returned with all manner of time behind them in my 42 days quit. Today and God willing when I wake up tomorrow, I choose to stay quit with the rest of you quitters.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
So, Day 32....wow a whole month with no dip.  There was a point where I really never thought that would be possible, a point where I couldn't even make a day or two without it.  Convinced myself that I was just stuck with that choice I made at 14 years old to take that first pinch.

Another weekend is upon us, weekends are still a little rough for me, but not nearly as rough as waking up Monday having to post Day 1 again.  One day at a time....that's how we roll here, but I plan on being here quit on Monday none the less.

Quit with all you today brothers!

..and if you feel like caving, like just one more day dancing with the nic bitch will make it all better, I recommend reading this......

Words of Wisdom
One month bro. Don't look now you are doing it. The 30's can be rough. You are going to be fine though. I can see determination in your posts. I see someone that sees what he wants and goes to get it.

You've come to far now,, might as well see where this ride takes you. I can tell you I like where i've been so far. I got some more traveling on this roller coaster to do and i'm not getting off or nothing. How about you stay on board with me brutha.
A month of quittin is pretty damn impressive. Keep up the great attitude and stay on this thing. Eye on the prize. The prize is staying quit today. ODAAT brother!!! I'm gonna quit with u today.
Well done Duck! I am proud to quit with you every day damnit (days are no longer Damned when you are quit).

It feels great to be that first month Plus one doesn't it? Enjoy it, bask in it and use that elation to kick tomorrow's ass!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
So, Day 32....wow a whole month with no dip.  There was a point where I really never thought that would be possible, a point where I couldn't even make a day or two without it.  Convinced myself that I was just stuck with that choice I made at 14 years old to take that first pinch.

Another weekend is upon us, weekends are still a little rough for me, but not nearly as rough as waking up Monday having to post Day 1 again.  One day at a time....that's how we roll here, but I plan on being here quit on Monday none the less.

..and if you feel like caving, like just one more day dancing with the nic bitch will make it all better, I recommend reading this......

Words of Wisdom
One month bro. Don't look now you are doing it. The 30's can be rough. You are going to be fine though. I can see determination in your posts. I see someone that sees what he wants and goes to get it.

You've come to far now,, might as well see where this ride takes you. I can tell you I like where i've been so far. I got some more traveling on this roller coaster to do and i'm not getting off or nothing. How about you stay on board with me brutha.
A month of quittin is pretty damn impressive. Keep up the great attitude and stay on this thing. Eye on the prize. The prize is staying quit today. ODAAT brother!!! I'm gonna quit with u today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
So, Day 32....wow a whole month with no dip. There was a point where I really never thought that would be possible, a point where I couldn't even make a day or two without it. Convinced myself that I was just stuck with that choice I made at 14 years old to take that first pinch.

Another weekend is upon us, weekends are still a little rough for me, but not nearly as rough as waking up Monday having to post Day 1 again. One day at a time....that's how we roll here, but I plan on being here quit on Monday none the less.

Words of Wisdom

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
So, Day 32....wow a whole month with no dip. There was a point where I really never thought that would be possible, a point where I couldn't even make a day or two without it. Convinced myself that I was just stuck with that choice I made at 14 years old to take that first pinch.

Another weekend is upon us, weekends are still a little rough for me, but not nearly as rough as waking up Monday having to post Day 1 again. One day at a time....that's how we roll here, but I plan on being here quit on Monday none the less.

Words of Wisdom

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »
I just needed to post and vent this morning. First of all congrats to Traumagnet, Erussell, papabear and my August '13 brothers who have reached or are approaching the HOF..... I am sad that I stumbled and could not stand with you.
However, I am grateful that I sacked up and drug my ass back here to see you guys reach that first milestone and that just strengthens my quit.

So....to vent. Day 24 and I guess I am just a little bit in my first funk. I have read some guys have a 20's funk so no doubt this to shall pass, but I'm sure some of you have just had those days where your just pissed at work, pissed at the world, pissed at the guys in your group missing roll and caving..etc.

It is important for me to just air this crap.When I do it loses any influence on my quit that it could have and helps me keep my anger focused where it belongs, on that damn poison in a can that enslaved me for so many years.

Thanks for reading, listening commenting....whatever.

Damn proud to quit with all of you bad asses today!
great way to be open with all jlud!

I quit with you brother!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
I just needed to post and vent this morning. First of all congrats to Traumagnet, Erussell, papabear and my August '13 brothers who have reached or are approaching the HOF..... I am sad that I stumbled and could not stand with you.
However, I am grateful that I sacked up and drug my ass back here to see you guys reach that first milestone and that just strengthens my quit.

So....to vent. Day 24 and I guess I am just a little bit in my first funk. I have read some guys have a 20's funk so no doubt this to shall pass, but I'm sure some of you have just had those days where your just pissed at work, pissed at the world, pissed at the guys in your group missing roll and caving..etc.

It is important for me to just air this crap.When I do it loses any influence on my quit that it could have and helps me keep my anger focused where it belongs, on that damn poison in a can that enslaved me for so many years.

Whoa, the lights are shining bright here!!! It is important place where you are at...you recognize that this is happening and that no matter what is thrown at you YOU know that nicotine aint gonna get you shit but trouble. That's what this thread is for landmarking your quit use it. You got this Jlud quit on bro quit with you today.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: cdaniels
Happy Sunday Quitters!

Day 20 here and glad to be quit today.

The last few days of my life really tested my quit for the first time, you can read back for details.  Which is funny because yesterday was going pretty well until a craving hit me like ton of bricks while out shopping with my wife and son.

Cruising Walmart with the family, that was prime time not so long ago.  This craving snuck up on me, felt like day 1 or 2 all over again.  The worst part was in the middle of it my brain was actually telling me I DID NOT need to call someone, I was fine......lies, that was the nic bitch talking.

Well, I made a text and a call...no answer yet.  Got a response just as I was looking down the list to call a couple guys I don't talk to as much, I was ready to keep calling KTC numbers until I got somebody.  Saved my ass yesterday reaching out to another quitter.  I made through a physically debilitating crave, I was almost in tears and shaking like a leaf.

The nic bitch will make you feel like your weaker now, that dip made you stronger, faster, smarter, funnier.....whatever worked.  We are not weak, we will not be slaves anymore, we are quit today and we need to lean on one another to stay strong and keep the nic bitch beat back today!

Proud to be quit another day with all of you!
NOW THATS HOW WE USE OUR TOOLS PEOPLE... AWESOME JOB 007. PROUD TO BE QUIT WITH YOU TODAY
What CD said! Pay attention newbs... That's how it's done. Well done J...
Another test, another victory. Build on that 007. I'm proud of your quit right now, and grateful to have you in my corner. You know I'm in yours.