Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 11569 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Day 1
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2014, 06:53:00 AM »
Jeff I know you are on 499 days but I wanted to get you a little love from the crew now because I doubt Thanksgiving will be a day where a lot of people are posting. So congrats on 500 days. It's a great accomplishment. Oct 2013 may not have many quitters left, but the ones we have are kick ass. Keep it up.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Jeff,
Congrats on HOF plus one year, for those who don't know the JLUD that I do let me give you a little glimpse into the quit of this brother of mine. He was once a stopper, caved, got his ass handed to him and then came back. After getting his ass handed to him he was quit but was also quiet. As his final quit progressed he re-discovered his voice and has provided sage advice and called out the BS of many a quitter. He also served with me as a Conductor for the November 2013 group while they hit their HOF. If you do not know that is a commitment and takes a ton of work. However, I am glad to have done that work with Jeff. Not only did we really get to know other great quitters we also really got to know one another. He has been my constant go to when I have quit rage, marital problems, need a ear to bend or anything else. Lately he has faded a bit from the old Jlud but I can trust that he is reading up like a ninja on everything and is laying in the grass like a copperhead ready to strike when provoked. He will also be here when I or anyone else needs him.

Brother I thank you and I know we will continue on this path together.

Corey
HOFamer? How many days?

I welcome him to post in 2012 HOF group with us. Sounds like we could use his influence.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
Jeff,
Congrats on HOF plus one year, for those who don't know the JLUD that I do let me give you a little glimpse into the quit of this brother of mine. He was once a stopper, caved, got his ass handed to him and then came back. After getting his ass handed to him he was quit but was also quiet. As his final quit progressed he re-discovered his voice and has provided sage advice and called out the BS of many a quitter. He also served with me as a Conductor for the November 2013 group while they hit their HOF. If you do not know that is a commitment and takes a ton of work. However, I am glad to have done that work with Jeff. Not only did we really get to know other great quitters we also really got to know one another. He has been my constant go to when I have quit rage, marital problems, need a ear to bend or anything else. Lately he has faded a bit from the old Jlud but I can trust that he is reading up like a ninja on everything and is laying in the grass like a copperhead ready to strike when provoked. He will also be here when I or anyone else needs him.

Brother I thank you and I know we will continue on this path together.

Corey
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: worktowin
Congratulations on 400 days of bad ass nic bitch beat down! Your intro is a great read Jeff - proof that this plan works! You've built a brotherhood of accountability and you give your word every damn day. Thanks for all that you do here!
Agree with Worktowin, Proud to be quit with you. Keep on Truckin'
4th floor!
Kick. Ass.
Way to go man!
Nice job brother. Congratulations on another milestone!
'BanDog' 4 of em nice
Congrats! 'BanDog'
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Congratulations on 400 days of bad ass nic bitch beat down! Your intro is a great read Jeff - proof that this plan works! You've built a brotherhood of accountability and you give your word every damn day. Thanks for all that you do here!
4th floor!
Kick. Ass.
Way to go man!
'BanDog' 4 of em nice
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
4th floor!
Kick. Ass.
Way to go man!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Jeff,
Damn brother congrats on 400 today, we fucking did it! As we both know and have discussed before not many of the early days were easy, then we were con-conductors together which and that certainly put the "FU" in FUn. However, one thing has remained solid and that is the fact that no matter what life throws at either of us we have created a friendship that has allowed us to talk to one another about any BS we are going through (family matters, work BS, quit BS, baby mamma drama...).

I mean it when I say that it has all been worth it and without a ear like yours to bend about stuff this all would have been that much tougher.

One thing is missing though lately...and I want to see your ass back to being one of the constants in peoples' intros ready to kick ass and call people to the carpet. Get back on that horse and ride these newbies need more people like you.

Your brother,

Corey
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
4th floor!
Kick. Ass.
Way to go man!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2014, 06:09:00 AM »

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Krusty
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: srans
Day 360 -

I really can't believe it's been a year (almost). I know, one day at a time but sitting here today I can tell you I expect to be here posting roll for 365. It's really been an awesome ride that just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all for helping me achieve what I never could on my own.

My main reason for updating my thread today was I had a unique experience last night I just had to share. We've all had dip dreams, wake up in a cold sweat with your heart beating of our chests..... only to catch our breath and realize it was just a dream, we are still quit. Well... I had my first quit dream last night! It was right before I woke up.....

"I'm sitting somewhere outdoors waiting for my car to be serviced or some such thing. There is a guy smoking and other foggy figures nearby, when suddenly right across from me sits down my dip buddy from High School. Kris was a junior when I was a freshman and we hung out, and dipped mostly. I can't tell how many HS lunches we wasted in the men's room dipping. So after the requisite hello, how the hell you been for 20 years he pulls out a can of Kodiak and offers me a pinch. I responded that man I quit that shit a while back now to which he responds "why would you do that?" and "that's kinda stupid I'll never give up the bear". Then some guy comes up like peanut vendor at a ball game with a rack of cans selling dip of all varieties........"

At that point I woke up and thought what the hell was that ?!

I'm no headshrinker, but in my heart I know that deep down the Nic bitch is still with me. She may go quiet for long periods now but she is far from gone and like any good enemy she is always looking for new ways to deceive me. That is how I interpret my dream, subconsciously trying to plant that seed in my head that it's not my enemy, it is some old friend that misses me and wants to catch up. Well... I know that's bullshit and the plan today remains the same, I'll keep posting roll, hanging in chat a few nights and trying to help new quitters.

I'm proud to be quit with all you today!
"Cancer, get your cancer here"

Well done Jeff. Beyond being a friend of mine you have been a rock solid quitter for me to lean on as well. I have no doubt that you will be here posting 365 because you know among others I will be on a flight headed East to get answers to the three questions to my face. We are in this battle together and so it shall remain, no one gets left behind.

P.S. I am still thankful that I do not have the ability to dream, that shit is whack.

Corey
It's been that long. Damn, time flies when your QLF. Quit with any day bro.
A 'Quit Dream'. I like that. Early congrats on the 365! Really cool seeing guys succeed everyday with their quit and staying active with the newbies which I'm beginning to think is another part of the process of staying quit.
FMBM I would say that behind Roll Call, hanging around and helping guys just starting on the path is the number 2 most important thing for long term success. Ask any guy 200, 300, 400 or 2000 or more days how much taking the time to read or listen in chat to the struggles helps our quit. The new guys remind us that the misery of nicotine is still out there, the guys that hang around and hit the HOF and beyond help all us remember that the KTC way works and the guys that stumble remind us why we continue to stay around.

I am not quoting word for word but I remember reading some words of wisdom from Chewie, one of the guys that started KTC. He talked about how a guy that had said hanging around here kept them thinking about dip and their addiction. To which he responded that was exactly why he still stayed involved, we want to remember all the shit we went though to get to where we are now. Our nicotine addiction is not some "phase" of our lives we can box up and store in some musty storage closet in our minds, we must actively continue to fight the battle everyday to remain victorious. I mean think about how much time we spent with the can when we used, is it really too much to take 5-10 minutes a day to post roll. Is it too much to spend an hour, or two, or more during a week if you can talking to new guys in chat or text, keeping up with a few guys that helped you along. For me it is an easy decision because (and I don't remember who coined this phrase so forgive me if I don't give credit)... we are all $5 and a bad decision away from starting over again at day 1.
Jlud- CONGRATS ON 365 TODAY! ^^^great advice. There's a lot of truth in those words.
Jumping in to give props to JLud for a year. Congrats! Look forward to meeting you and other Raleigh area quitters later this summer.
Congrats on One. Damn. Year. Outstanding! Thanks for the early guidance  support, and here's to another 365...
I'm bumping this up so the WCWIMANASTYBOY thread gets bumped down a notch...... And maybe we'll all see what its like to have a great quitter hanging around here!!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Day 360 -

I really can't believe it's been a year (almost). I know, one day at a time but sitting here today I can tell you I expect to be here posting roll for 365. It's really been an awesome ride that just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all for helping me achieve what I never could on my own.

My main reason for updating my thread today was I had a unique experience last night I just had to share. We've all had dip dreams, wake up in a cold sweat with your heart beating of our chests..... only to catch our breath and realize it was just a dream, we are still quit. Well... I had my first quit dream last night! It was right before I woke up.....

"I'm sitting somewhere outdoors waiting for my car to be serviced or some such thing. There is a guy smoking and other foggy figures nearby, when suddenly right across from me sits down my dip buddy from High School. Kris was a junior when I was a freshman and we hung out, and dipped mostly. I can't tell how many HS lunches we wasted in the men's room dipping. So after the requisite hello, how the hell you been for 20 years he pulls out a can of Kodiak and offers me a pinch. I responded that man I quit that shit a while back now to which he responds "why would you do that?" and "that's kinda stupid I'll never give up the bear". Then some guy comes up like peanut vendor at a ball game with a rack of cans selling dip of all varieties........"

I'm no headshrinker, but in my heart I know that deep down the Nic bitch is still with me. She may go quiet for long periods now but she is far from gone and like any good enemy she is always looking for new ways to deceive me. That is how I interpret my dream, subconsciously trying to plant that seed in my head that it's not my enemy, it is some old friend that misses me and wants to catch up. Well... I know that's bullshit and the plan today remains the same, I'll keep posting roll, hanging in chat a few nights and trying to help new quitters.

Well done Jeff. Beyond being a friend of mine you have been a rock solid quitter for me to lean on as well. I have no doubt that you will be here posting 365 because you know among others I will be on a flight headed East to get answers to the three questions to my face. We are in this battle together and so it shall remain, no one gets left behind.

P.S. I am still thankful that I do not have the ability to dream, that shit is whack.

Corey
A 'Quit Dream'. I like that. Early congrats on the 365! Really cool seeing guys succeed everyday with their quit and staying active with the newbies which I'm beginning to think is another part of the process of staying quit.
FMBM I would say that behind Roll Call, hanging around and helping guys just starting on the path is the number 2 most important thing for long term success. Ask any guy 200, 300, 400 or 2000 or more days how much taking the time to read or listen in chat to the struggles helps our quit. The new guys remind us that the misery of nicotine is still out there, the guys that hang around and hit the HOF and beyond help all us remember that the KTC way works and the guys that stumble remind us why we continue to stay around.

I am not quoting word for word but I remember reading some words of wisdom from Chewie, one of the guys that started KTC. He talked about how a guy that had said hanging around here kept them thinking about dip and their addiction. To which he responded that was exactly why he still stayed involved, we want to remember all the shit we went though to get to where we are now. Our nicotine addiction is not some "phase" of our lives we can box up and store in some musty storage closet in our minds, we must actively continue to fight the battle everyday to remain victorious. I mean think about how much time we spent with the can when we used, is it really too much to take 5-10 minutes a day to post roll. Is it too much to spend an hour, or two, or more during a week if you can talking to new guys in chat or text, keeping up with a few guys that helped you along. For me it is an easy decision because (and I don't remember who coined this phrase so forgive me if I don't give credit)... we are all $5 and a bad decision away from starting over again at day 1.
Jlud- CONGRATS ON 365 TODAY! ^^^great advice. There's a lot of truth in those words.
Jumping in to give props to JLud for a year. Congrats! Look forward to meeting you and other Raleigh area quitters later this summer.
Congrats on One. Damn. Year. Outstanding! Thanks for the early guidance  support, and here's to another 365...

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Day 360 -

Corey

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
Day 360 -

Corey

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Ron_Cross
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Doc
Day 360 -

Corey

You keep writing and I'll keep reading jeff. :wub:
Grats on the year, Jlud!
Keep up the good quit!
Jeff, early congrats on a year. It is an honor to quit with you. You have fought hard and are now reaping the benefits of being a man of your word every day. Proud to call you brother, and friend. Thanks for bringing me and others along for the ride. Well done, brother!
Love me a dip dream story. I still have dip dreams. Crazy. Reminds me that it ain't over. But also reminds me that the crazy bitch can only get me in my dreams. #imstillwinningbitch
Congrats on the milestone. Well done!!!
Jeff every day I troll these intros looking where I can add something to help a newcomer as they start their quit, usually when I see the Monkey avatar I know some real wisdom has already been passed along. You are a huge contributor to this site and I'm glad to be in your quit group. Keep on trucking brutha!
One full circle, nicely done ... you sir are an inspiration, and I'll quit with you today!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.