Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 11570 times)

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Day 360 -

I really can't believe it's been a year (almost). I know, one day at a time but sitting here today I can tell you I expect to be here posting roll for 365. It's really been an awesome ride that just keeps getting better and better. Thank you all for helping me achieve what I never could on my own.

My main reason for updating my thread today was I had a unique experience last night I just had to share. We've all had dip dreams, wake up in a cold sweat with your heart beating of our chests..... only to catch our breath and realize it was just a dream, we are still quit. Well... I had my first quit dream last night! It was right before I woke up.....

"I'm sitting somewhere outdoors waiting for my car to be serviced or some such thing. There is a guy smoking and other foggy figures nearby, when suddenly right across from me sits down my dip buddy from High School. Kris was a junior when I was a freshman and we hung out, and dipped mostly. I can't tell how many HS lunches we wasted in the men's room dipping. So after the requisite hello, how the hell you been for 20 years he pulls out a can of Kodiak and offers me a pinch. I responded that man I quit that shit a while back now to which he responds "why would you do that?" and "that's kinda stupid I'll never give up the bear". Then some guy comes up like peanut vendor at a ball game with a rack of cans selling dip of all varieties........"

At that point I woke up and thought what the hell was that ?!

I'm no headshrinker, but in my heart I know that deep down the Nic bitch is still with me. She may go quiet for long periods now but she is far from gone and like any good enemy she is always looking for new ways to deceive me. That is how I interpret my dream, subconsciously trying to plant that seed in my head that it's not my enemy, it is some old friend that misses me and wants to catch up. Well... I know that's bullshit and the plan today remains the same, I'll keep posting roll, hanging in chat a few nights and trying to help new quitters.

I'm proud to be quit with all you today!

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: derk40
347-

What a crazy few days.

I don't know when it happened but this place became like another family to me. I found a place where my crazy ass fits in, another inmate in the crazy nic addict asylum. I have brothers and sisters on both sides of the recent "drama", but I love this house and will be here to hopefully make it a better place if I can. Such as in politics and government, you cannot affect change by renouncing your citizenship and moving to South America. You have to stay and fight for what you believe in, I hope we can all get back to quitting. I'm ready to grab my jackhammer and help anyone that needs it, if you need a phone number I'm only a PM away.
I will support any brother or sister that commits to quitting today. Whether here in the US or in South America!

Proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Rio is my preference. But the Carolina's are nice too. Quit with both of you bad asses.
Quitting from NC but in 3 hours will be able to type quitting from the beach in SC for the next 9 days. Shall we say suck it gents (and ladies)!
I'm still here jlud... Another NC boy who can get to you pretty quick if you need me...Something tells me you won't. All day today I cringed when I saw a familiar name in intros.... Quit on dude!!!
Time for a NC meet!

'BanDog'
Uplandbird and I were talking about that just last week. I know we have some new NC blood since the outing in February. Lets do it soon...... shocker
I'm in!!! If CS can tell us a bedtime story.... 'na na'
a bed time story, lets hope it does not involve a banana (or maybe???)

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

I don't know when it happened but this place became like another family to me. I found a place where my crazy ass fits in, another inmate in the crazy nic addict asylum. I have brothers and sisters on both sides of the recent "drama", but I love this house and will be here to hopefully make it a better place if I can. Such as in politics and government, you cannot affect change by renouncing your citizenship and moving to South America. You have to stay and fight for what you believe in, I hope we can all get back to quitting. I'm ready to grab my jackhammer and help anyone that needs it, if you need a phone number I'm only a PM away.
I will support any brother or sister that commits to quitting today. Whether here in the US or in South America!

Rio is my preference. But the Carolina's are nice too. Quit with both of you bad asses.
Quitting from NC but in 3 hours will be able to type quitting from the beach in SC for the next 9 days. Shall we say suck it gents (and ladies)!
I'm still here jlud... Another NC boy who can get to you pretty quick if you need me...Something tells me you won't. All day today I cringed when I saw a familiar name in intros.... Quit on dude!!!
Time for a NC meet!

'BanDog'
Uplandbird and I were talking about that just last week. I know we have some new NC blood since the outing in February. Lets do it soon...... shocker
I'm in!!! If CS can tell us a bedtime story.... 'na na'
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Time for a NC meet!

'BanDog'

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Time for a NC meet!

'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
347-

What a crazy few days.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: Pinched
Day 303 and inspired by a very deep and thought provoking post by a close quit brother thought I would post an update.

My quit is stronger than ever and when I stop and realize how much life has happened to me dip free now I am amazed. By no means am I "on a ledge" or anything remotely close to that but I don't have many outlets to bitch and complain freely so I am dumping some shit here.

I have an 18 year old step daughter that graduated high school last summer, went off to college in August, quit and came home in September. Since then she has done pretty much nothing aside from sleep. Some may say I should just put my foot down, but anyone who has been stepparent knows that it can be a difficult and complicated situation. My wife, her mother defends her like a lioness protects her cub if I speak my mind. The excuses being "she's trying" and is "depressed". We have a 10 year old son together so I try to make due for his sake, but it is getting harder and harder to keep my mouth shut. At this point I have to blame my wife as well for enabling her behavior as well. I know this is not directly dip or quit related....right now, but I needed a place to vent some of it because I don't know how long I can continue to just "grin and bear it" and at some point for my own quit sanity there is going to have to be a come to Jesus moment.

Thanks to all of you, I quit with you today.
Dude, you always have a place to vent to because you have my phone number. Secondly, great share today. It fucking amazes me how much life happens to real quitters that stay quit yet many give excuses for their caves.

My advice as simple as it may be (keep in mind I am not a licensed therapist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night) I would reference, that it has been 9 months of trying and I want to set a good example for my son. In other words she needs to try harder, take a meaningless job for now to gain experience and then find herself in the process. Too many youth today get a sense of entitlement due to protective parents. Perhaps a nice evening out with the wife, to let her know calmly what you are thinking or feeling. If you need help with the calmly part I have great meds for that.

P
Jeff - I meant to put this on a couple of days ago... You are a tremendous inspiration. I still remember your call 300+ days ago, when you quit. One of the most memorable conversations of my life.

I feel for you current situation, but I know that in the end you will navigate the waters to come to the best outcome that you can. Because that is the man that you are.

I am now wondering who will be the first to post the bananas banging each other after this post...
They may be busy looking for the banana three way emoticon.
Jlud, thanks for sharing that slice of life with us. I too am not a therapist, but I do play one on TV. No, I don't do that eitherÂ…but your post did remind me of something I read the other day from Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs). Don't know if you'll find any relevance in this, but thought I would pass a long.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/m ... dvice-ever
^^^best advice ever.

I like your quit jlud. As someone who had two worthless Step sisters (and a step mom who was worse) I feel your pain.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Day 303 and inspired by a very deep and thought provoking post by a close quit brother thought I would post an update.

My quit is stronger than ever and when I stop and realize how much life has happened to me dip free now I am amazed. By no means am I "on a ledge" or anything remotely close to that but I don't have many outlets to bitch and complain freely so I am dumping some shit here.

I have an 18 year old step daughter that graduated high school last summer, went off to college in August, quit and came home in September. Since then she has done pretty much nothing aside from sleep. Some may say I should just put my foot down, but anyone who has been stepparent knows that it can be a difficult and complicated situation. My wife, her mother defends her like a lioness protects her cub if I speak my mind. The excuses being "she's trying" and is "depressed". We have a 10 year old son together so I try to make due for his sake, but it is getting harder and harder to keep my mouth shut. At this point I have to blame my wife as well for enabling her behavior as well. I know this is not directly dip or quit related....right now, but I needed a place to vent some of it because I don't know how long I can continue to just "grin and bear it" and at some point for my own quit sanity there is going to have to be a come to Jesus moment.

Dude, you always have a place to vent to because you have my phone number. Secondly, great share today. It fucking amazes me how much life happens to real quitters that stay quit yet many give excuses for their caves.

My advice as simple as it may be (keep in mind I am not a licensed therapist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night) I would reference, that it has been 9 months of trying and I want to set a good example for my son. In other words she needs to try harder, take a meaningless job for now to gain experience and then find herself in the process. Too many youth today get a sense of entitlement due to protective parents. Perhaps a nice evening out with the wife, to let her know calmly what you are thinking or feeling. If you need help with the calmly part I have great meds for that.

P
Jeff - I meant to put this on a couple of days ago... You are a tremendous inspiration. I still remember your call 300+ days ago, when you quit. One of the most memorable conversations of my life.

I feel for you current situation, but I know that in the end you will navigate the waters to come to the best outcome that you can. Because that is the man that you are.

I am now wondering who will be the first to post the bananas banging each other after this post...
Jlud, thanks for sharing that slice of life with us. I too am not a therapist, but I do play one on TV. No, I don't do that eitherÂ…but your post did remind me of something I read the other day from Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs). Don't know if you'll find any relevance in this, but thought I would pass a long.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/m ... dvice-ever
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »

P

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

P

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13