Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Thanks
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
DC seems to know the way out of this hole. I'm with him.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Great job DChogs. This site still helps me especially after HOF.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
It is our responsibility to pass along that knowledge to future quit groups. It is our duty to inspire, cajole, and chastise future quitters. You cannot do that without being here and posting roll.
I accept. I will remain on the site and help others as those before helped me.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Freedom is the shit. Let yours shine.
Indeed. Y'all have made it this far by posting your promise and keeping it daily. No need to fix what ain't broke. Besides, it takes two minutes and it don't cost nothin'. My vote is for sticking around.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
Freedom is the shit. Let yours shine.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
dchogs I am with you! Gotta stay strong!!! Nico

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
I am with you--on to the second floor!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Dchogs,

A big congrats on hitting this milestone.

I am glad to quit with you today.

whsii
Day 11
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
August 11~

This is a letter that I've been wanting to write for a while now, but thought that I should wait until I hit the Hall. Well, today's the day. Apologies in advance for preaching to the choir, but a man's gotta preach when he's moved...

and no, this isn't my HOF speech.

In the last 100 or so days, we've seen April, May, June, and July all enter the hall; we've also seen some of those that hit the hall fade away into the ether never to be heard from again. Certainly, I do not think less of the people that fade away or doubt their quit; I also do not think less of the quit groups below the line that shed active members... it happens to every group regardless of the esprit de corps.

That being said, I want and expect more out of August 11. I want all of us to remain active in roll... at least ours, but preferably other quit groups as well. We are entering the hall with great energy in our own way. We've always been a quiet group, but regardless of how chatty YOU were, stick around and post roll. Your quit makes everyone's stronger, and more importantly, there is a ton of collective quit knowledge represented in our quits. It is our responsibility to pass along that knowledge to future quit groups. It is our duty to inspire, cajole, and chastise future quitters. You cannot do that without being here and posting roll.

Think of what Cancrusher, 30, Gmann, Scowick, NOLAQ, and/or Smokey meant to your quit; imagine your quit without them. It's weaker, I bet... I know mine would have been. THAT'S what future quitters would be missing without you. They stuck around for us; we need to stick around for the new quit groups and become their quit guides and sages.

Stick around, August 11. You've made my quit stronger for the last 100 days, and I'll need you ALL for the next 100. So do the new quitters. So do the vets. I learn something every day about myself because of you, and I'd hate to lose that.

So I challenge and charge you, August 11, continue to post roll and remain active on KTC. It is for your benefit, and ours. Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Dchogs
been in a bad way lately, and it hasn't been getting much better. at this point, i forget exactly what my cravings were like that first week, but these cravings feel just as strong in intensity and duration. all the old triggers are firing with hair triggers. i had to swing into the office to finish some nagging paperwork before my vacation tomorrow (i.e. prime dipping time 81 days ago), and i'm dying. it feels like all of my cells are crying out for the sweet dopamine release of nicotine.

i'm not sure if it's related to increased stress at work, a symptom of the 2 week case of the "blah's," or just a normal crave offensive by the nic bitch. likely all three, to be honest, but that doesn't make it easier.

i know with 110% certainty in the core of my being that if i were doing this alone, i'd have a lip full of grizz mint right now. it is the collective strength of KTC, the wisdom of my quit brothers, sisters, and supporters, and the knowledge that the nicotine door is shut (nailed, bolted, welded) that is keeping me clean. to anyone reading... don't worry. this is not a cry for help. my quit is rock fucking solid. a windshield slashing through a mosquito storm of nic bitches.

august, be aware. this might be coming for you. september, october, november... always stay vigilant. i was CRUISING along 20-70 days. my quit was "easy." i didn't think it would escalate like this ever again.

now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
DC,

Your quit is much stronger than the temporary funk you are going through. You got this brother!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
been in a bad way lately, and it hasn't been getting much better. at this point, i forget exactly what my cravings were like that first week, but these cravings feel just as strong in intensity and duration. all the old triggers are firing with hair triggers. i had to swing into the office to finish some nagging paperwork before my vacation tomorrow (i.e. prime dipping time 81 days ago), and i'm dying. it feels like all of my cells are crying out for the sweet dopamine release of nicotine.

i'm not sure if it's related to increased stress at work, a symptom of the 2 week case of the "blah's," or just a normal crave offensive by the nic bitch. likely all three, to be honest, but that doesn't make it easier.

i know with 110% certainty in the core of my being that if i were doing this alone, i'd have a lip full of grizz mint right now. it is the collective strength of KTC, the wisdom of my quit brothers, sisters, and supporters, and the knowledge that the nicotine door is shut (nailed, bolted, welded) that is keeping me clean. to anyone reading... don't worry. this is not a cry for help. my quit is rock fucking solid. a windshield slashing through a mosquito storm of nic bitches.

august, be aware. this might be coming for you. september, october, november... always stay vigilant. i was CRUISING along 20-70 days. my quit was "easy." i didn't think it would escalate like this ever again.

Dchogs when those deep bone aching craves to fornicate with the nic bitch begins, i just post roll and after I do that and give my word, there is no way in hell I will cave!!! If it wasnt for you guys and KTC i would have caved months ago! Hang in there and stay cowboyed up. Proud to be quit today with you brother! nicofiend

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: gmann
been in a bad way lately, and it hasn't been getting much better.  at this point, i forget exactly what my cravings were like that first week, but these cravings feel just as strong in intensity and duration.  all the old triggers are firing with hair triggers.  i had to swing into the office to finish some nagging paperwork before my vacation tomorrow (i.e. prime dipping time 81 days ago), and i'm dying.  it feels like all of my cells are crying out for the sweet dopamine release of nicotine. 

i'm not sure if it's related to increased stress at work, a symptom of the 2 week case of the "blah's," or just a normal crave offensive by the nic bitch.  likely all three, to be honest, but that doesn't make it easier.

i know with 110% certainty in the core of my being that if i were doing this alone, i'd have a lip full of grizz mint right now.  it is the collective strength of KTC, the wisdom of my quit brothers, sisters, and supporters, and the knowledge that the nicotine door is shut (nailed, bolted, welded) that is keeping me clean.  to anyone reading... don't worry.  this is not a cry for help.  my quit is rock fucking solid.  a windshield slashing through a mosquito storm of nic bitches. 

august, be aware.  this might be coming for you.  september, october, november... always stay vigilant.  i was CRUISING along 20-70 days.  my quit was "easy."  i didn't think it would escalate like this ever again.

Kowing is half the BATTLE..........
Kowledge is good Lol http://www.cafepress.com/nationallampoon.33161132
I need to get me some of those red and blue lazers B)
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

Came across this a little late DC.

I'm hoping today is working out better for you. Once again, I agree with Soul (seem to be following him around this morning) - you got yourself a bad-ass quit going on and I'm a HUGE fan of what you're doing. I know this wasn't a cry for help - because if you needed a cry for help I know my phone would be ringing.

You're quit is fucking rock solid and it makes mine tighter every day. Once you get past this crave, things will clear up for a little bit. My last big crave was in the 70s. I expect more... but I can handle it with the help of KTC.

You need anything let me know. Proud to be a Quithead with you.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
been in a bad way lately, and it hasn't been getting much better.  at this point, i forget exactly what my cravings were like that first week, but these cravings feel just as strong in intensity and duration.  all the old triggers are firing with hair triggers.  i had to swing into the office to finish some nagging paperwork before my vacation tomorrow (i.e. prime dipping time 81 days ago), and i'm dying.  it feels like all of my cells are crying out for the sweet dopamine release of nicotine. 

i'm not sure if it's related to increased stress at work, a symptom of the 2 week case of the "blah's," or just a normal crave offensive by the nic bitch.  likely all three, to be honest, but that doesn't make it easier.

i know with 110% certainty in the core of my being that if i were doing this alone, i'd have a lip full of grizz mint right now.  it is the collective strength of KTC, the wisdom of my quit brothers, sisters, and supporters, and the knowledge that the nicotine door is shut (nailed, bolted, welded) that is keeping me clean.  to anyone reading... don't worry.  this is not a cry for help.  my quit is rock fucking solid.  a windshield slashing through a mosquito storm of nic bitches. 

august, be aware.  this might be coming for you.  september, october, november... always stay vigilant.  i was CRUISING along 20-70 days.  my quit was "easy."  i didn't think it would escalate like this ever again.

Kowledge is good Lol http://www.cafepress.com/nationallampoon.33161132

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »