Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 14692 times)

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: mat849
Quote from: Thewolfe
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: FMBM707
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

Got back from the ENT (ear, nose and throat doctor); he checked out my mouth and then put a scope through my nose, down through the nasal passage to check out the back part of my mouth and throat. EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT GOOD. Definitely irritated but he said that could be from dipping, drainage from allergies, breathing through the mouth at night and possibly from thrush (which I'm taking medicine for). I talked to him about how I've been quit for 59 days and he said it could take longer for the mouth to recover from the years of dipping. He also talked about how bad oral cancer is from a disfigurement standpoint, let alone death. He said it's a "very debilitating and disfiguring" disease. Then said that I'm lucky that everything looks good and that not everyone he sees is so lucky.

I am lucky that I dodge a bullet after years of dipping. From here on out it won't have anything to do with good luck. It'll be because I choose not to dip. I choose my life, my wife, my kids, my parents- everything over putting that shit in my mouth again.

NAFAR.
Good news. Good for you. A lot of guys would celebrate by diving back into a can. But not you, because you're a badass quitter.

Proud of you. Keep the focus.
Glad to hear. You got a pass, this time.

Keep up the good Quit man.
Awesome news. Keep it rollin EDD!
Never be here again brother. Stay quit every damn day! I'll be here with you.
PHEW!!! That is a huge relief, now isn't it? Glad you finally have some much-needed peace of mind along with some wise words from the ENT doc.

Quit with you today, buddy.
Don't know why you wouldn't take my word for it that you were fine. Too, much straining with your mouth open trying to catch your own load.
But, seriously, I am really glad you got a good report. Now, back to quitting!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

Got back from the ENT (ear, nose and throat doctor); he checked out my mouth and then put a scope through my nose, down through the nasal passage to check out the back part of my mouth and throat. EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT GOOD. Definitely irritated but he said that could be from dipping, drainage from allergies, breathing through the mouth at night and possibly from thrush (which I'm taking medicine for). I talked to him about how I've been quit for 59 days and he said it could take longer for the mouth to recover from the years of dipping. He also talked about how bad oral cancer is from a disfigurement standpoint, let alone death. He said it's a "very debilitating and disfiguring" disease. Then said that I'm lucky that everything looks good and that not everyone he sees is so lucky.

I am lucky that I dodge a bullet after years of dipping. From here on out it won't have anything to do with good luck. It'll be because I choose not to dip. I choose my life, my wife, my kids, my parents- everything over putting that shit in my mouth again.

NAFAR.
Good news. Good for you. A lot of guys would celebrate by diving back into a can. But not you, because you're a badass quitter.

PHEW!!! That is a huge relief, now isn't it? Glad you finally have some much-needed peace of mind along with some wise words from the ENT doc.

Quit with you today, buddy.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

NAFAR.

Offline mat849

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-22
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

NAFAR.

Mat849
Quit date 08/22/14
HOF 11/29/14

Ragonk!

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

NAFAR.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

NAFAR.

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
GREAT NEWS AND RELIEF!!

NAFAR.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Amazing that on Day 59, less than 3 hours away from going to an ENT to get the back of my mouth and throat checked out, I'm having a big ol' crave. Here I sit wondering what the doctor is going to find/say and the nic has come pounding hard at my door.

It started off as a little twinge, right when I thought this morning about having to go see the doctor today I got a crave. And as the time is getting closer to seeing the doctor the crave is getting bigger.

I know I'm not going to cave because I'm never putting that shit in my lip ever again for any reason but this just further proves how fucked up our minds/ bodies got abusing nicotine. Whenever I dealt with a stressful situation or anxiety (neither of which I would openly admit were stressful or that I had anxiety) I would combat it with finger fucking the cancer can. Now I have to find other ways to deal with these situations.

I'm quit today and I'll wake up ready to quit again tomorrow- no matter what the doctor has to say.

Feed the Good Wolf and Quit on.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
This intro thread is awesome. Your documenting your quit will help incoming noobs immensely, plus it's a who's who of vets who dispense great advice.

Should be required reading for incoming.
I as well read through this today. Nicely done. Prayers for the ENT visit. Keep on quitting!
Appreciate it fellas! Gotta take things one day at a time.

Proud to be quit with you.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2014, 07:52:00 AM »
This intro thread is awesome. Your documenting your quit will help incoming noobs immensely, plus it's a who's who of vets who dispense great advice.

I as well read through this today. Nicely done. Prayers for the ENT visit. Keep on quitting!

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:00 AM »

Offline mat849

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-22
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Thank you for the feed the good wolf story, and thank you for posting roll with november today with the quote. I read this yesterday or the day before and could not remember where I saw it. As you can see I have stolen it. Made me a nice little avatar and I will be reposting the story on my intro so I can go back and read it as needed.

You have strengthened both my quit and my overall outlook and approach to life.

QLF with you today sir!
Mat849
Quit date 08/22/14
HOF 11/29/14

Ragonk!

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: Smeds
Day 54: Blood test came back today: "Your blood work looks good." FUCK YEAH!

It's a great start but still have to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor because something is still wrong with my tongue  back of my mouth. I'll be doing that this Wednesday. Doc said they will most likely stick some scope thing into my nose and then check around my throat to make sure nothing funky is going on there.

Still have to get this figured out but I feel like I can rest a little better now that the blood work came back 'good'.

Had some killer craves the last couple of days, which is pretty fucked up considering I was waiting on blood test result to see if my white blood cell count was up possibly indicating tongue cancer. That's how fucking powerful this addiction can be. I'm waiting to find out if blood test may indicate whether or not they need to take a chuck of my tongue to biopsy and I have craves. It's really disappointing but I've read enough on this site to realize craves effect everyone and at different times. I was trying to remain positive and not to worry but I knew I was getting more nervous as the days went by and the stress was triggering craves. In fact I had a pretty bad crave going before I got the news and then the crave just vanished.

I got blood drawn on Monday and I was trying to stay positive but all the waiting to hear something- eventually my mind went to the worse and then I read this last night (the story about the dude battling tongue cancer):
topic/1008847/1/ and that got me all fucked up in the head.

Luckily I jumped into the chat room, tried to help some others, had some laughs and got some encouraging messages from some badass quitters. Tuco/ Doc appreciate ya. Most of the folks that were on chat last night didn't know that I was waiting on test result and I was freaking out a bit but pours, medic, doc, tuck, snot et al. Even BK helped, though that clearly wasn't his intent, but it got my mind off of my issues. Thank you.

The "good news" has harden my resolve further to stay quit. I still need to find out what the fuck is up but I know I never want to go through this shit again!

I quit with all of you again today and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Quit on.
Great news bro! Have a great weekend ... I know you'll do it clean and free of the nic. I'm hoping everything else checks out just as good if not better for you!
Good to hear some good news. Stay positive and PM me or call if you need to talk.
Glad the first round of tests came back negative. That's worth celebrating! Enjoy the now, don't dwell on the past or the future. Focus on the now. You can't control anything other than staying quit at this point. The chips will fall where they may, and I have a positive feeling they will land just where you need them. As always, I'm a text, call, or message away. I'm continuing to send you positive vibes!
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Day 54: Blood test came back today: "Your blood work looks good." FUCK YEAH!

It's a great start but still have to see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor because something is still wrong with my tongue  back of my mouth. I'll be doing that this Wednesday. Doc said they will most likely stick some scope thing into my nose and then check around my throat to make sure nothing funky is going on there.

Still have to get this figured out but I feel like I can rest a little better now that the blood work came back 'good'.

Had some killer craves the last couple of days, which is pretty fucked up considering I was waiting on blood test result to see if my white blood cell count was up possibly indicating tongue cancer. That's how fucking powerful this addiction can be. I'm waiting to find out if blood test may indicate whether or not they need to take a chuck of my tongue to biopsy and I have craves. It's really disappointing but I've read enough on this site to realize craves effect everyone and at different times. I was trying to remain positive and not to worry but I knew I was getting more nervous as the days went by and the stress was triggering craves. In fact I had a pretty bad crave going before I got the news and then the crave just vanished.

I got blood drawn on Monday and I was trying to stay positive but all the waiting to hear something- eventually my mind went to the worse and then I read this last night (the story about the dude battling tongue cancer):
topic/1008847/1/ and that got me all fucked up in the head.

Luckily I jumped into the chat room, tried to help some others, had some laughs and got some encouraging messages from some badass quitters. Tuco/ Doc appreciate ya. Most of the folks that were on chat last night didn't know that I was waiting on test result and I was freaking out a bit but pours, medic, doc, tuck, snot et al. Even BK helped, though that clearly wasn't his intent, but it got my mind off of my issues. Thank you.

The "good news" has harden my resolve further to stay quit. I still need to find out what the fuck is up but I know I never want to go through this shit again!

I quit with all of you again today and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Quit on.
Great news bro! Have a great weekend ... I know you'll do it clean and free of the nic. I'm hoping everything else checks out just as good if not better for you!
Good to hear some good news. Stay positive and PM me or call if you need to talk.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Steve. Read the first page of your intro last night and decided to join. Read the rest now and much of it seems like it could have been written by me. Last time I thought I was dying back in 07 I went to ENT and all came back clean. I don't know how long it took, but after a clean bill of health I started again. I'm a genius. From what I've read, you are better than that. I quit.