Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 10525 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitting
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
Just realized you hit the 3rd floor the other day. Congrats man!
Quit with you EDD
Gratz bro!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
Just realized you hit the 3rd floor the other day. Congrats man!
Quit with you EDD

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: rdad
Congrats on your first 200 days of Freedom Steve-O! 'band' 'party2' Well Done!
Appreciate it Jerry! Everyday is great day without that shit running and ruining my life, just a little more special on a milestone.
Big Congrats!!
FM you are solid brotha. Big quit you have built here with a lot of badass followers. Revel in this. Congrats on hitting that 2nd floor.
Congrats on the 200. I'm 28 days behind ya.
Congrats, man.
200 days of winning FMBM, not bad at all!
Keep it up man. I'm very proud of you.
200 days is pretty damn awesome! Way to go! Excellent work!
200 days in the sun. Congrats!
Thank you all for your support and shouts out! It hasn't always been easy but it's getting easier every day and it's damn sure worth it!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Appreciate it Jerry! Everyday is great day without that shit running and ruining my life, just a little more special on a milestone.
Big Congrats!!
FM you are solid brotha. Big quit you have built here with a lot of badass followers. Revel in this. Congrats on hitting that 2nd floor.
Congrats, man.
200 days in the sun. Congrats!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Big Congrats!!
Congrats, man.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
Big Congrats!!
Congrats, man.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »
Big Congrats!!
Congrats, man.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
Big Congrats!!
Congrats, man.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2015, 08:13:00 PM »
Big Congrats!!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
Big Congrats!!
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
Big Congrats!!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »
DAY 183 Putting this here for reference.

“The Law of Karma is also called the Law of Cause and Effect, Action and Reaction and: as you sow, so shall you reap.” ― Sham Hinduja

I'm sure Lipi isn't the first polarizing figure at KTC and he won't be the last either. The annals of KTC is filled with similar rhetoric. There are a lot of people butt hurt over his departure making statements about leaving KTC (something Lipi would himself call a planned cave) and a lot of people are calling for accountability from the admins/mods- they want answers- so I started looking for answers.

Found under "Board Guidelines": boardrules/ you will find "A Statement From The Administrators" topic/1006018/1/#new (I've cut and pasted the shit that's relevant to this matter below)

You might not agree with this decision but I don't agree, nor always follow the legal limit being .08 but if I get busted blaming others for my actions won't solve anything.

These are the words of an administrator from 2010:

"On the internet, there are those who like to project a "badass" image of themselves via their "shocking" posts, or "tough guy" stances and bullying tactics. We've seen it before, we will see it again. These types like to push the envelope and see how far they can go before they get the response they have been hoping to receive. These people like to say things through their keyboard, that in real life, face to face, they would never have the guts to say. These people are called trolls. Unfortunately, many times the trolls on the site are real life quitters. We don't like to feed the trolls, but eventually we have to deal with them.

We allow quite a bit of discussion that involves denouncing the Administrators and Moderators, and some of the actions that we take. We don't censor what is written. We allow life to go on. But threaten to disrupt the quits of others, threaten the integrity of this site, and we will take swift action to put a stop to it. Make no mistake.

We will deal with the trolls. We will take steps to protect this site from their harmful and disruptive behavior. This site is larger than any one person or group of people. We want to see this site continue its growth. We want to see the number of successful quits continue to grow. We want to see the camaraderie between people continue to build and develop into real life friendships. To do that, we have to ensure that the site is accessible and acceptable to the majority, not the minority who thrive on discourse and/or deviation.

We can't be all things to all people. This is the way we choose to run our site. We have very few written rules, but we still will react to issues that aren't covered by the rules. Don't mistake our lack of rules for carte blanche anything goes. We understand if everyone doesn't like what we do on our site. We don't want people to leave the site because of this, but we understand.

Signed,
The Administrators"

Although the wording is unambiguous- it is clearly subjective as it relates to banning someone.

Sifting through all the comments and posts there are at minimum two things that a consensus agrees on. 1.) Lipi helped a lot people's quits on this site. 2.) Lipi "push the envelope". Both of these have been documented all over these pages from folks on both sides of the matter.

The admins and mods are being asked to be accountable for their actions.

Shouldn't we also be held accountable for our actions? This wasn't a knee jerk reaction. This wasn't a 'no tolerance' one and done stance taken by the admins/mods.

It's always easiest to blame others for faults of their own. Displacing the blame, the entitlement, the excuses. Nauseating, pathetic, laughable.

Take some fucking responsibility for your actions, if you quit then you know how to do just that. Now apply it to other parts of your life.

At what point of the emotionally charge verbal or written ass beating does 'your guiding hand' become the 2x4- thus knocking the horse out instead of just leading him to water??

Gotta know when to say when.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
DAY 183 Putting this here for reference.

“The Law of Karma is also called the Law of Cause and Effect, Action and Reaction and: as you sow, so shall you reap.” ― Sham Hinduja

I'm sure Lipi isn't the first polarizing figure at KTC and he won't be the last either. The annals of KTC is filled with similar rhetoric. There are a lot of people butt hurt over his departure making statements about leaving KTC (something Lipi would himself call a planned cave) and a lot of people are calling for accountability from the admins/mods- they want answers- so I started looking for answers.

Found under "Board Guidelines": boardrules/ you will find "A Statement From The Administrators" topic/1006018/1/#new (I've cut and pasted the shit that's relevant to this matter below)

You might not agree with this decision but I don't agree, nor always follow the legal limit being .08 but if I get busted blaming others for my actions won't solve anything.

These are the words of an administrator from 2010:

"On the internet, there are those who like to project a "badass" image of themselves via their "shocking" posts, or "tough guy" stances and bullying tactics. We've seen it before, we will see it again. These types like to push the envelope and see how far they can go before they get the response they have been hoping to receive. These people like to say things through their keyboard, that in real life, face to face, they would never have the guts to say. These people are called trolls. Unfortunately, many times the trolls on the site are real life quitters. We don't like to feed the trolls, but eventually we have to deal with them.

We allow quite a bit of discussion that involves denouncing the Administrators and Moderators, and some of the actions that we take. We don't censor what is written. We allow life to go on. But threaten to disrupt the quits of others, threaten the integrity of this site, and we will take swift action to put a stop to it. Make no mistake.

We will deal with the trolls. We will take steps to protect this site from their harmful and disruptive behavior. This site is larger than any one person or group of people. We want to see this site continue its growth. We want to see the number of successful quits continue to grow. We want to see the camaraderie between people continue to build and develop into real life friendships. To do that, we have to ensure that the site is accessible and acceptable to the majority, not the minority who thrive on discourse and/or deviation.

We can't be all things to all people. This is the way we choose to run our site. We have very few written rules, but we still will react to issues that aren't covered by the rules. Don't mistake our lack of rules for carte blanche anything goes. We understand if everyone doesn't like what we do on our site. We don't want people to leave the site because of this, but we understand.

Signed,
The Administrators"

Although the wording is unambiguous- it is clearly subjective as it relates to banning someone.

Sifting through all the comments and posts there are at minimum two things that a consensus agrees on. 1.) Lipi helped a lot people's quits on this site. 2.) Lipi "push the envelope". Both of these have been documented all over these pages from folks on both sides of the matter.

The admins and mods are being asked to be accountable for their actions.

Shouldn't we also be held accountable for our actions? This wasn't a knee jerk reaction. This wasn't a 'no tolerance' one and done stance taken by the admins/mods.

It's always easiest to blame others for faults of their own. Displacing the blame, the entitlement, the excuses. Nauseating, pathetic, laughable.

Take some fucking responsibility for your actions, if you quit then you know how to do just that. Now apply it to other parts of your life.