Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8409 times)

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike_Land
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Erussell
I too quit with another person in the house still dipping. Your a bad ass. I am proud I be quitting with you.
Bad ass chic for sure! Rock it!
Quit On.Cindy! You are freaking rocking this shit! I love the fake home brew recipe. I tried something similar in the early days of my quit. I like your recipe better

Mike Land. 697 days of quit but the only one that counts is today!
This girl is shapin into my favorite Texas girl. Beating the odds every damn day!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
I too quit with another person in the house still dipping. Your a bad ass. I am proud I be quitting with you.
Quit On.Cindy! You are freaking rocking this shit! I love the fake home brew recipe. I tried something similar in the early days of my quit. I like your recipe better

Mike Land. 697 days of quit but the only one that counts is today!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Fake snuff recipe

2 family size tea bags (or 4 small)
2 cranks Sea salt (I use a salt grinder)
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle cayenne powder (optional)
Sprinkle of paprika (optional)

MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
(all mixing is done by shaking closed can)

Sprinkle with water after shaking dry ingredients in can to mix, add and mix little bits of water until you get it to pack the way you want. Freeze for storage.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2014, 07:09:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Cindy
If you really want to feel like an ex-dumbfuck instead of an ex-dipper, find a friend from a foreign country and try to explain what "dipping" is. I had a friend from Bulgaria ask me last night because I had told her I had quit dipping snuff.

Her:I don't know what "dipping snuff" is.....
Me:it's tobacco mixed with chemicals and you put it between your lip and your gum and suck on it then spit the juice out. (Duhr dee duh...sounds sexy... I'm a moron)
Her: what does it taste like?
Me: it comes in lots of flavors, cherry, mint, apple, berry, vanilla ect. And plain. Which tastes like.... Ummmmmm..... Shit.
Her: which kind did you do?
Me:........ plain...
Me to myslef: ( I sound like such a fucking idiot)
I love this.
Nice little epiphany there. How on earth did we justify shoving that shit into our mouths for so long and then spitting brown juice into bottles? I would save the bottles under my car seat and let them ferment for a week or so. Sometimes my weekly cleanup would miss a bottle. The bottle might be there for a month or more. Talk about a science experiment. So glad to be free.
Most of Europe, outside of Sweden bans the sale of Smokeless Tobacco. Should tell you all you need to know about whether dipping is harmless or not. Because an entire continent treats it like the narcotic that it is.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:00 AM »
If you really want to feel like an ex-dumbfuck instead of an ex-dipper, find a friend from a foreign country and try to explain what "dipping" is. I had a friend from Bulgaria ask me last night because I had told her I had quit dipping snuff.

Me:it's tobacco mixed with chemicals and you put it between your lip and your gum and suck on it then spit the juice out. (Duhr dee duh...sounds sexy... I'm a moron)
Me: it comes in lots of flavors, cherry, mint, apple, berry, vanilla ect. And plain. Which tastes like.... Ummmmmm..... Shit.
I love this.
Nice little epiphany there. How on earth did we justify shoving that shit into our mouths for so long and then spitting brown juice into bottles? I would save the bottles under my car seat and let them ferment for a week or so. Sometimes my weekly cleanup would miss a bottle. The bottle might be there for a month or more. Talk about a science experiment. So glad to be free.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »

I love this.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »

QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
Quote from: landdon
Sounds like you're doing great! I hope your husband has decided to join you. I quit with you today!
No he hasn't. That's ok for me now it doesn't bother me, but I hope he does someday. The sooner the better.
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
Great quit Cindy!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Hoboken

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-16
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
Congrats Cindy. Quit like a Champion Today!

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2014, 06:43:00 AM »
Sounds like you're doing great! I hope your husband has decided to join you. I quit with you today!

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Done4Me
Today I just realized I have started to forget that I "need" to have something in my mouth. This is awesome because it has been one of my main concerns
Smeds is right, you're killing it!
Your tongue and teeth are the only things you need in there.
GO Cindy! Great day for you! You've got this! And all of us are here to stand behind you! You will have many "first's" so embrace them, use them to add to your quit and fuel your fight!
Thanks! I actually really love being quit now.
Look at you. You are doing it. Your quit has been an awesome one to watch.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Done4Me
Today I just realized I have started to forget that I "need" to have something in my mouth. This is awesome because it has been one of my main concerns
Smeds is right, you're killing it!
Your tongue and teeth are the only things you need in there.
GO Cindy! Great day for you! You've got this! And all of us are here to stand behind you! You will have many "first's" so embrace them, use them to add to your quit and fuel your fight!
Thanks! I actually really love being quit now.
QLF ODAAT..