Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8405 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Sage
Happy Birthday Cindy!
'Birthday'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2014, 01:45:00 AM »
Happy Birthday Cindy!

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: bradf
Quote from: Cindy
Having a really shitty day. Feel like all the confidence and happiness I had gained have disappeared. Don't feel good. Depressed. Just waiting for bed time to hurry up and get here.
Been there a few times lately, from what I read it is not that uncommon. Spend some time on here and/or chat, let some people help provide you some encouragement and then get a good night of sleep, wake up to a new tomorrow. Hang in there and keep pushing forward, these types of days will pass.
Hi Cindy. Depression and the blues in general are part of quitting. You just are resetting your life...rebalancing. You can talk to a doctor about it if you need or want to. I just wanted you to know that it is normal. I spent a lot of time like that. It's not fun but it does pass. I got some drugs to help me....not everyone needs that but the option is there. I am sure some peeps can chime in on some natural remedies too if you'd like. Stay in the game. Remain strong. Your confidence and happiness will return. You have to go thru the emotions and the ups and downs to get to a better place. I promise.....it gets better.
Thank y'all. I know it will get better. Just had to vent. Having a really really BAD day and don't even know why.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: bradf
Having a really shitty day. Feel like all the confidence and happiness I had gained have disappeared. Don't feel good. Depressed. Just waiting for bed time to hurry up and get here.
Been there a few times lately, from what I read it is not that uncommon. Spend some time on here and/or chat, let some people help provide you some encouragement and then get a good night of sleep, wake up to a new tomorrow. Hang in there and keep pushing forward, these types of days will pass.
Hi Cindy. Depression and the blues in general are part of quitting. You just are resetting your life...rebalancing. You can talk to a doctor about it if you need or want to. I just wanted you to know that it is normal. I spent a lot of time like that. It's not fun but it does pass. I got some drugs to help me....not everyone needs that but the option is there. I am sure some peeps can chime in on some natural remedies too if you'd like. Stay in the game. Remain strong. Your confidence and happiness will return. You have to go thru the emotions and the ups and downs to get to a better place. I promise.....it gets better.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline bradf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
screwed up moving your recipe and video to Jan

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Fake snuff recipe

2 family size tea bags (or 4 small)
2 cranks Sea salt (I use a salt grinder)
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle cayenne powder (optional)
Sprinkle of paprika (optional)

MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
(all mixing is done by shaking closed can)

Sprinkle with water after shaking dry ingredients in can to mix, add and mix little bits of water until you get it to pack the way you want. Freeze for storage.
http://youtu.be/z46876UAozg

how to video for my fake
For Txtaco

Offline sikco

• Quit Date: 2014-11-02
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Shooting, Roll-Tide!
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Good Morning

I know how you feel, I have just quit, going on day four! I chewed for over 30 years. You need to quit for yourself. It's like walking you have to take the first step.

Hang in their.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »
Update for those of you that didn't know, my husband has quit. This is his day 13 today. Thank y'all for your continued support for me and for my husband even though he has chose not to join the site at this time.
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2014, 11:50:00 PM »
Fake snuff recipe

2 family size tea bags (or 4 small)
2 cranks Sea salt (I use a salt grinder)
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle cayenne powder (optional)
Sprinkle of paprika (optional)

MIX DRY INGREDIENTS
(all mixing is done by shaking closed can)

Sprinkle with water after shaking dry ingredients in can to mix, add and mix little bits of water until you get it to pack the way you want. Freeze for storage.
http://youtu.be/z46876UAozg

how-to video
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Mike_Land
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Erussell
I too quit with another person in the house still dipping. Your a bad ass. I am proud I be quitting with you.
Bad ass chic for sure! Rock it!
Quit On.Cindy! You are freaking rocking this shit! I love the fake home brew recipe. I tried something similar in the early days of my quit. I like your recipe better

Mike Land. 697 days of quit but the only one that counts is today!
This girl is shapin into my favorite Texas girl. Beating the odds every damn day!!
Cindy - It gives me strength to see you maintaining your commitment regardless of what your husband chooses. Your resolve will undoubtedly save his life one day. Part of my quit plan is visiting the intro pages whenever my quit is beginning to feel a little stale. Love the raw wisdom!

Thank you - and all the KTC community! - 2,352 (or some shit like that).

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Thank y'all. This week has been weird but I survived. Lol
Your quit is going great. Keep up the good work. Three thoughts....
1) QLFEDD
2) Never miss a roll call
3) Listen to Ginet (Or she'll come kick your ass!) :-)
I quit with you today,
ZC

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »
Per Bean...

"It will suck at first. But embrace the suck. That is the feeling of healing. Nobody gets free for the asking. You have to earn your freedom. So take note of it...experience it. Turn the tables on nicotine. Quitting is a privilege reserved to those who have the guts to do it. I used to sit in my truck and yell, "I GET TO FEEL THIS SHITTY BECAUSE I CHOSE TO QUIT!" I chose to make myself laugh at the cravings...at the risk of looking like someone who needed to be institutionalized. I chose to see just how bad it would feel. And, after a long shitty time that wasn't as bad as I thought, I started to feel better...day by day."

This lights a fire bro. Fuck me I'm pumped!!! Needed to read this sooooo bad at this hour.
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:00 AM »
Thank y'all. This week has been weird but I survived. Lol
QLF ODAAT..