Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21138 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
I would spend time with my wife. I can think of no better way to spend an hour.. even if it is the last one.

I would NEVER stick that shit in my face.... FUCK UST!!!

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

You have 1 hour to live. Would you go off by yourself and crank a dip or would you spend time with [insert]?
I'd spend it with my boys Jack and Quin running around Berlin Pond in Berlin, Vermont. That's about as close to heaven as Soul is going to get.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »

You have 1 hour to live. Would you go off by yourself and crank a dip or would you spend time with [insert]?
I would spend time with my wife, my three kids and my new friend named FREEDOM.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »

Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.
Well said.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »
I like that way out!

I admire that 261 days of GOOD QUIT!

Thanks
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »

Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.
No doubt, Scowick. Thanks for all the encouraging words you provide on this site.
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
You kick ass. That is all.

Souliman out.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »

Fanpro hits 5 years today. 5 years is impressive. What is more impressive? He is still on this site building quit every single day. Thanks Fanpro for paving the way for the rest of us.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

Today's musings

Yesterday in introductions I was fucking with a non committed lurker.  Having some fun and trying to figure out what button to push to get this guy to quit.  Anyhoo, I posted up a self deprecating comment about being a drug addict.  I gave that some thought after I read my own comment.  The drug addict thing has been a journey for me.

(1) I remember calling myself a drug addict in my HOF speech.  It hit me hard.  I kinda knew I was but when I wrote it and read it was an emotional experience.  Hard to explain but I do not think I have to explain it to this group.  You get it.

(2) I then kinda grew to just to tolerate it.  It just is.

(3) I then grew to accept it.  Yea, I was a drug addict and I knew I had to honor the rule of addiction.  http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp  I had no problem with that.

(4) Now I am proud of it.  It is who I am.  I AM a drug addict.  More importantly.  I AM a quitter.  I AM quit addict.  I can tell people this or make fun of myself or make fun of another hard core quitter.  It IS who I am and I like it.  This addict quits with you today.  Probably see ya tomorrow as well.
Sounds like the path is getting more defined for you. I'm glad you know the way out.

Good quitting brother.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
Scowick,

Thanks for your STRONG QUIT. It is a great example to the rest of us. Good stuff here.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »

Today's musings

Yesterday in introductions I was fucking with a non committed lurker. Having some fun and trying to figure out what button to push to get this guy to quit. Anyhoo, I posted up a self deprecating comment about being a drug addict. I gave that some thought after I read my own comment. The drug addict thing has been a journey for me.

(1) I remember calling myself a drug addict in my HOF speech. It hit me hard. I kinda knew I was but when I wrote it and read it was an emotional experience. Hard to explain but I do not think I have to explain it to this group. You get it.

(2) I then kinda grew to just to tolerate it. It just is.

(3) I then grew to accept it. Yea, I was a drug addict and I knew I had to honor the rule of addiction. http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp I had no problem with that.

(4) Now I am proud of it. It is who I am. I AM a drug addict. More importantly. I AM a quitter. I AM quit addict. I can tell people this or make fun of myself or make fun of another hard core quitter. It IS who I am and I like it. This addict quits with you today. Probably see ya tomorrow as well.
Good stuff! Thanks for posting.
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »

Today's musings

Yesterday in introductions I was fucking with a non committed lurker. Having some fun and trying to figure out what button to push to get this guy to quit. Anyhoo, I posted up a self deprecating comment about being a drug addict. I gave that some thought after I read my own comment. The drug addict thing has been a journey for me.

(1) I remember calling myself a drug addict in my HOF speech. It hit me hard. I kinda knew I was but when I wrote it and read it was an emotional experience. Hard to explain but I do not think I have to explain it to this group. You get it.

(2) I then kinda grew to just to tolerate it. It just is.

(3) I then grew to accept it. Yea, I was a drug addict and I knew I had to honor the rule of addiction. http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp I had no problem with that.

(4) Now I am proud of it. It is who I am. I AM a drug addict. More importantly. I AM a quitter. I AM quit addict. I can tell people this or make fun of myself or make fun of another hard core quitter. It IS who I am and I like it. This addict quits with you today. Probably see ya tomorrow as well.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

Musings based on a post by Syndrome:

Lifeboats

Q: Why post roll?
A: It is effective. Habitual posters seldom fail.

Q: Why do you care if I post roll, should you not just post roll and worry about your own quit?
A: Lifeboats.

Lifeboats

Today my quit is strong but what about tomorrow? If tomorrow my quit is weak then I need and want help. I want a lifeboat full of quitters who have voluntarily enlisted to quit and be with me in the boat that day. They have a toolbox full of quit skills and are motivated to help me. I know I can depend on everyone in the lifeboat. We work as a cohesive team. A new quitter simply needs post roll and jump in the lifeboat committed to save his life no matter what it takes. The rest of us in the lifeboat will show you how.

If you are NOT committed to saving every single personÂ’s life in the lifeboat including yours then you need not take up a seat.

Lifeboats