Author Topic: Addiction & lies  (Read 8426 times)

Offline Quit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quitting One Day At A Time
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Addiction & lies
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: gmann
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man.  Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
jay,

don't ever accept caving. always hold the caver accountable. if that means calling him a cocksucker, then do that. if you prefer making him answer the three questions, then do that. what you shouldn't do is come in here and call folks a buncha meanies. ol' macek caved. and lied. direct your efforts to holding him accountable. keeping his word is apparently busting his ass, so he needs all the help he can get and many folks, understandably, have little interest in helping a liar.

swap numbers with macek and y'all hold each other accountable.
Here's the problem...you are an addict right? And a human being right? I don't know you and you don't know me...correct? You and and or anyone else have no idea what he was going through in his life when he slipped up right? I don't know if scott is a "cocksucker" or not. I don't know if you are or not...i do know that i'm not going to stand by and let a bunch of blow hards run a guy down who came back, admitted his mistakes and is trying to better himself.

I've only been on this site for 14 days as my intro suggests, however I do think that what makes forums like this work or not work is a general level of respect you show to the fellow posters. If one out of 14000 can get some people SOOOO pissed off that they are trying to push him off the cliff instead of pulling him back then i feel like those are so weak minded that i would question their quits as well. I'm off this thread though...and again, diesel, and all those that ripped this guy apart...stay clear of me please. I don't need your kind of help.
I think most people on this site would agree that gmann is a cocksucker, but I have always wondered how they would know.

On to the topic at hand. It is great that you have reached your hand out to Scott, after reading through this he really needs it.

Every person has a different level of tolerance for any action. For example, most people will not accept cheating on them by their spouse, for me, I would end my 24 years of marriage over that in a heartbeat. To me fidelity is sacred and if my spouse broke that there could never be trust again. Others may allow it to happen over an over again because their tolerance level is different.

The fact that Scott continued to post when he was not quit is what has people riled up. To many people on this site roll is sacred. You do not post roll if you are not nicotine free. Doing so creates lots of trust issues.

Ultimately it is up to the powers at be on whether to allow him back on this site or not, but, none of that has to effect you Jay. If you feel strongly about helping Scott with his quit you can do that even without this site.

For myself, I am too new here and have not yet established the right to judge others, but, I hope this time Scott has taken enough lumps to strengthen his quit, but only time will tell.
I have been Quit for several years and I still wake up every morning and quit one day at a time.  I figure if it worked yesterday, it will work today.  Never ever get complacent in your quit!

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: cdaniels
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man.  Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
jay,

don't ever accept caving. always hold the caver accountable. if that means calling him a cocksucker, then do that. if you prefer making him answer the three questions, then do that. what you shouldn't do is come in here and call folks a buncha meanies. ol' macek caved. and lied. direct your efforts to holding him accountable. keeping his word is apparently busting his ass, so he needs all the help he can get and many folks, understandably, have little interest in helping a liar.

Here's the problem...you are an addict right? And a human being right? I don't know you and you don't know me...correct? You and and or anyone else have no idea what he was going through in his life when he slipped up right? I don't know if scott is a "cocksucker" or not. I don't know if you are or not...i do know that i'm not going to stand by and let a bunch of blow hards run a guy down who came back, admitted his mistakes and is trying to better himself.

I've only been on this site for 14 days as my intro suggests, however I do think that what makes forums like this work or not work is a general level of respect you show to the fellow posters. If one out of 14000 can get some people SOOOO pissed off that they are trying to push him off the cliff instead of pulling him back then i feel like those are so weak minded that i would question their quits as well. I'm off this thread though...and again, diesel, and all those that ripped this guy apart...stay clear of me please. I don't need your kind of help.
oh but you will not only need their help.... you will want it someday I promise you that. one day you will see young one that what seems like harshness my just be saving a life. you cant see the forest because of the trees my young quit brother.
no trust me cdaniels...i have plenty of numbers i can call and people to lean on in my bad times, i won't forget all this bs.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
jay,

"Love is given, respect is earned". Respect is a two way street son. There really is no excuse for caving though. Their have been people on here who have gone through tremendous tragedy and have remained quit. Stress at work and a mean boss, isn't gonna get much sympathy here.

And if you question my quit...I can assure you that it is 100% rock solid.

Not a good idea to questions others quits. I don't question yours, and you told me to fuck off. I take your word that you are quit for 14 days, great work, keep it up.

THAT is how this site works. Your WORD is everything, even if we don't see eye to eye.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
jay,

(1) No matter what is going on in his life (or yours), will using make it better? Can you give me a good excuse to use?

(2) Nobody can push anybody "off a cliff" with words. Scott can choose to succeed, or he can choose to fail. But only he can decide that. We can support him, or we can ignore him. But we have no say at all as to what he does.

There is one thing and one thing only in this world that I can control and that is my actions. I choose to quit, and I choose to give everything to that.
See here's the thing waste....i agree with everything you just said. You asked insightful intelligent respectful questions. I'm very good with holding people accountable, lord knows i need to be held accountable. but like i pm'd you early waste....i spent time in jail with people that were more respectful then some of this bullshit i've seen on this thread and i have scott's back.

I don't like that he caved or what he did...but i can leave it at that.

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
jay,

oh but you will not only need their help.... you will want it someday I promise you that. one day you will see young one that what seems like harshness my just be saving a life. you cant see the forest because of the trees my young quit brother.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
jay,

Quit or don't quit. If you don't quit you do not belong here.

Keep your word or lie. If you lie you do not belong here.

Seems harsh, eh? Well that is real life. There are consequences for your actions in real life.

There are winners and losers. We don't hand out participation ribbons. Fuck we screwed up the Gen Y'ers and Gen X'ers with all the fucking coddling.

2nd chance? 3rd chance? 4th chance? 5th chance? Where are you going to draw the line? Wait too long and this entire site will be poisoned.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
jay,

(1) No matter what is going on in his life (or yours), will using make it better? Can you give me a good excuse to use?

(2) Nobody can push anybody "off a cliff" with words. Scott can choose to succeed, or he can choose to fail. But only he can decide that. We can support him, or we can ignore him. But we have no say at all as to what he does.

There is one thing and one thing only in this world that I can control and that is my actions. I choose to quit, and I choose to give everything to that.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
jay,

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
Fuck of eh? LOL. OH NO, That hurt my feelings. I might leave this site now, because I'm a little pussy.

MAN THE FUCK UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, yeah dick weed, the comeback was in the style of the 80's in response to your reference of "real nice Clark..." which I believe was a a movie from the 80's correct??? National Lampoons Family Vacation??? Moron.

I only get bitter when topics like this come up. I've made over a 1,000 posts on here, 98% of them have been supportive and positive. It grinds me when people piss on this site and abuse it. If you look at the responses of the guys who have chosen to get involved you will see a lot of them are vets. I believe they feel the same way. This site was built a certain way, and seems to be helping you, you SHOULD pay attention to this thread. You start allowing people to do whatever the fuck they want and this place will start to become soft and decay. Soon everybody will be caving multiple times and be welcomed back with open arms, and this site will be SHIT.

I support cavers who are truly sorry, come back, man up and quit like fuck. Not guys who cave multiple times, create aliases and lie through their fucking teeth.

Read what Roamandog just wrote. It is the truth. Or will you tell him to fuck off too?
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man. Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
jay,

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Deleted...
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I'm quit with my group...that includes scott...yeah the support i got was great...mainly from russell and a handful of others...i'm good with them...but most of them are either staying away from this topic because it doesn't concern them or supporting this young man. Those are the people i'm here for...diesel you sound like a bitter woman who has been cheated on....so blow it out YOUR ass....and by the way, that come back was in style in the 80's....so really FUCK OFF
Quote from: kkiger
Quote from: Romandog
Folks,

Just a reminder in case anyone missed it.

One thing will get you launched out of this site faster than anything, and that is lying about being clean when you are not..

This roll is for quitters ONLY..

If you lie to your quit brothers and sisters on this site, then you need to leave.

There are sites available where that kind of coddling is available.

This ain't one of them.

Romandog
QUIT day 764
Roman,

I appreciate the post and agree with every word 100%. I do have a question though; what prompted the post? Is there someone out there not being truthful, or just a friendly reminder? I'm not asking to challenge the post, just sincerely want to know if there is someone out there being dishonest.

kiger
No, KKiger, no one in this group to my knowledge..

But yes, there was an instance of this over the past several days, and it was a continuation from over a year ago..

Roll is a very serious thing.. Three things will get a person kicked off this site..

- Posting roll attesting to being quit when in fact you continue to dip (July '11 Dad of Five, also known as Dad of Lies) and the recent one...

- Trying to post roll under a different name than the one you had originally for the purpose of trying to hide a cave, etc...

Both are bootable offenses for a first time offense.. The person in question did both..

- Serial caving will also get you moved on..

I posted this here and in other pre-HOF groups to make sure everyone understood that these sorts of behavior are not forgiveable offenses..

There are several sites where you can serial cave, say you are quit when you are not, change your name and come back, etc... This site broke away from one of those sites for this reason..

We are addicts, ladies and gentlemen.. We have a history of lying to ourselves and to others in order to perpetuate and nurture our addiction..

This site is so effective because it strips away that facade of lies..

We can see through the smoke screen because we all know very well how to lay one down... We can detect nic-brain excuses because we have heard our own lips repeat the same baloney..

Taking that away, this site loses its power to do the job.

Yes, that is why we are such assholes when someone caves.

The pain of caving has to exceed the "pleasure" obtained from the secret transgression.. It has to sting. It has to be seen for what it is.... A diabolical scheme that will drag you down to death.. A painful, ugly, smelly, disgusting, face-half-eaten-away, deceptive, heartbreaking death that comes way too early, wastes what could have been a rewarding, productive life and steals others of a future they should have had.

Pass this around..

Romandog- Day 764.. Quit with you.. and if I'm ever not quit, kick my ass all over the place.. I don't EVER want to go back there. Ever.
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
Wow...first of all, scott, i quit with you today...as long as the admin thinks you are worthy of posting roll here then by all means quit on brother. I understand what its like to go through some hard times and i too used them as excuses to do just about anything boozin smokin and chewin...sometimes all at the same time. I lied to just about everyone about my nicotine habit as i'm almost most sure i would have done the same thing here a year ago i was so fucked up in the head. So really, man, if you're for real, i'll be your ally here....and it looks like you might need one.

And to those that are basically telling this man to jump while he's standing on the cliff....real nice clark, ah real nice. Seriously, the only reason i'm going to stay on this now is to be this joker's quit buddy and because of Erussell and a few others in my august group. The rest of you, go ahead and look down upon everyone else from your throne that makes mistakes. Or did you forget because your a few months quit that we are all addicts here and addicts make mistakes. Remind me not to reach out to anyone else on here if i'm having a rough time.
Oh, go blow it out your ass.

Nobody is telling him to jump off the cliff, just like nobody told him to jump off it the multiple times he caved and lied.

The only reason your staying is to help him out...give me a fucking break.

Go back and look at YOUR intro and all the support and encouragement you got. Don't act like we are all a bunch of assholes or something. It's simply not true. Save your bleeding heart routine.

I hope this guy quits, I really do. Doesn't mean I have to be there holding his nuts every step of the way or like his past transgressions and cannot speak out about them.

A TON of people have reached out to me when they were having a rough time, and I have done my best to help every single one of them. Just like when I was struggling and reached out others helped me. I am simply returning the favor and I do not sit on a throne and look down on anybody. I simply don't have a lot of tolerance and sympathy for people who abuse this site.

The way I see it, this guy is like a tanking stock...a bad investment based on past performance. Maybe he is ready to turn it around, maybe he is not. I sure as hell hope he does turn it around, but in no way am I obligated to invest in him, nor hold my tongue with my thoughts on him.

As suggested earlier, their is a site were everyone is coddled and everyone holds hands and says "good try, good effort" when people fail. Perhaps you would be happier there?

http://www.quitsmokeless.org/
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2013, 09:52:00 AM »
Wow...first of all, scott, i quit with you today...as long as the admin thinks you are worthy of posting roll here then by all means quit on brother. I understand what its like to go through some hard times and i too used them as excuses to do just about anything boozin smokin and chewin...sometimes all at the same time. I lied to just about everyone about my nicotine habit as i'm almost most sure i would have done the same thing here a year ago i was so fucked up in the head. So really, man, if you're for real, i'll be your ally here....and it looks like you might need one.

And to those that are basically telling this man to jump while he's standing on the cliff....real nice clark, ah real nice. Seriously, the only reason i'm going to stay on this now is to be this joker's quit buddy and because of Erussell and a few others in my august group. The rest of you, go ahead and look down upon everyone else from your throne that makes mistakes. Or did you forget because your a few months quit that we are all addicts here and addicts make mistakes. Remind me not to reach out to anyone else on here if i'm having a rough time.
I'm With you today Scott. Glad to see you posted roll. Sorry for texting and waking you up. Didn't know you were on the west coast. Stay strong today and hold your head up!