• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: worktowin
Congrats on 200 today Jeff. You are one of the first people I talked to on this site, and I'm proud to be in this fight with you. Keep stacking up the days one at a time. Each milestone ahead will bring you more peace and freedom.  Enjoy today - you've earned it!
There are people that you meet that just plain get it. My friend Jeff here is one of those people. Congratulations brother, welcome to the second floor. You are a bad ass quitter now, together we can continue to do this. Failure is not an option.

Corey
Nice move to the second floor bro! Keep at it. Proud to be quit with you today.
'oh yeah' great job man awesome possum
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Congrats on 200 today Jeff. You are one of the first people I talked to on this site, and I'm proud to be in this fight with you. Keep stacking up the days one at a time. Each milestone ahead will bring you more peace and freedom.  Enjoy today - you've earned it!
There are people that you meet that just plain get it. My friend Jeff here is one of those people. Congratulations brother, welcome to the second floor. You are a bad ass quitter now, together we can continue to do this. Failure is not an option.

Corey
Nice move to the second floor bro! Keep at it. Proud to be quit with you today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Congrats on 200 today Jeff. You are one of the first people I talked to on this site, and I'm proud to be in this fight with you. Keep stacking up the days one at a time. Each milestone ahead will bring you more peace and freedom. Enjoy today - you've earned it!

Corey
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2014, 05:53:00 AM »
Congrats on 200 today Jeff. You are one of the first people I talked to on this site, and I'm proud to be in this fight with you. Keep stacking up the days one at a time. Each milestone ahead will bring you more peace and freedom. Enjoy today - you've earned it!

Offline hope

• Quitter
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: jlud007
Day 166-

Been quite a while since I updated my intro, quite a ride the last couple of months.  I struggle sometimes to update my own experiences when I deem them negative or counter-productive. However the fact that through life's ups and downs the last 166 days I have stayed nic free is positive enough.

I think my biggest struggle still is that no matter how much I want to hate the can of poison that dragged me down for so many years, I still want to give in some days.  I still think about it several times a day and my ape brain still wants to rationalize "just one more" today. I have seen other quitters that expressed similar feelings so I don't feel alone and I have watched others get complacent, and make the walk of shame to a new quit group and a Day 1 post.  I've come too far to make a decision like that today, I know better.  I will continue to choose posting roll, keeping my word and reaching out to my brothers.

I dipped for 23 years and it would be foolish to think that the nic monster would give up after a few months.  I'm probably due to get a little more active online again, it seems to ebb and flow here.  Sometimes we just need to take a step back and breath a bit.  Make no mistake, I still post roll with my group every morning and am in contact with a several of my quit brothers frequently. 

Anyway I just needed to air some of that shit, I have made it through the holidays quit and will march on to 200, ODAAT.  Lots of Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat heavy rotation on my iTunes.  Rock on Quitters!

Awake and Alive

This is how I feel about my quit, even if it is tough sometimes!
Thanks for sharing your truth. It feels good to know that the little habitual nags I get each day are normal. I also expect to experience them for along time, so it's good to see the example of you dealing with them a full 100 days ahead of me. The little empty flash of feeling/awareness in my guts that tries several times a day to catch me off guard is going to have to end up being my friendly reminder to remain ready to scrap with the bitch at any time.

I am glad you expect to ramp up activity here soon, as your posts hit home a lot for me and help keep my quit strong.
Bro...... I don't need to tell you how that nagging bitch in your ear is full of shit! You've been around the block and know it well. From experience I can confirm that it sucks. The fog comes back again in full force and its worse because of the regret. But I'm also not worried about you. See, your a bad ass and you already see the lie for what it is. Never get complacent and never forget. You are doing well. Each day is more distance between you and slavery. Glad to see you have the self awareness to see this and document it in your thread.

Awesome! Really glad I found your post. Thanks for speaking the truth and sharing.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Day 166-

Been quite a while since I updated my intro, quite a ride the last couple of months.  I struggle sometimes to update my own experiences when I deem them negative or counter-productive. However the fact that through life's ups and downs the last 166 days I have stayed nic free is positive enough.

I think my biggest struggle still is that no matter how much I want to hate the can of poison that dragged me down for so many years, I still want to give in some days.  I still think about it several times a day and my ape brain still wants to rationalize "just one more" today. I have seen other quitters that expressed similar feelings so I don't feel alone and I have watched others get complacent, and make the walk of shame to a new quit group and a Day 1 post.  I've come too far to make a decision like that today, I know better.  I will continue to choose posting roll, keeping my word and reaching out to my brothers.

I dipped for 23 years and it would be foolish to think that the nic monster would give up after a few months.  I'm probably due to get a little more active online again, it seems to ebb and flow here.  Sometimes we just need to take a step back and breath a bit.  Make no mistake, I still post roll with my group every morning and am in contact with a several of my quit brothers frequently. 

Anyway I just needed to air some of that shit, I have made it through the holidays quit and will march on to 200, ODAAT.  Lots of Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat heavy rotation on my iTunes.  Rock on Quitters!

Awake and Alive

Thanks for sharing your truth. It feels good to know that the little habitual nags I get each day are normal. I also expect to experience them for along time, so it's good to see the example of you dealing with them a full 100 days ahead of me. The little empty flash of feeling/awareness in my guts that tries several times a day to catch me off guard is going to have to end up being my friendly reminder to remain ready to scrap with the bitch at any time.

I am glad you expect to ramp up activity here soon, as your posts hit home a lot for me and help keep my quit strong.
Bro...... I don't need to tell you how that nagging bitch in your ear is full of shit! You've been around the block and know it well. From experience I can confirm that it sucks. The fog comes back again in full force and its worse because of the regret. But I'm also not worried about you. See, your a bad ass and you already see the lie for what it is. Never get complacent and never forget. You are doing well. Each day is more distance between you and slavery. Glad to see you have the self awareness to see this and document it in your thread.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
Day 166-

Been quite a while since I updated my intro, quite a ride the last couple of months. I struggle sometimes to update my own experiences when I deem them negative or counter-productive. However the fact that through life's ups and downs the last 166 days I have stayed nic free is positive enough.

I think my biggest struggle still is that no matter how much I want to hate the can of poison that dragged me down for so many years, I still want to give in some days. I still think about it several times a day and my ape brain still wants to rationalize "just one more" today. I have seen other quitters that expressed similar feelings so I don't feel alone and I have watched others get complacent, and make the walk of shame to a new quit group and a Day 1 post. I've come too far to make a decision like that today, I know better. I will continue to choose posting roll, keeping my word and reaching out to my brothers.

I dipped for 23 years and it would be foolish to think that the nic monster would give up after a few months. I'm probably due to get a little more active online again, it seems to ebb and flow here. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and breath a bit. Make no mistake, I still post roll with my group every morning and am in contact with a several of my quit brothers frequently.

Anyway I just needed to air some of that shit, I have made it through the holidays quit and will march on to 200, ODAAT. Lots of Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat heavy rotation on my iTunes. Rock on Quitters!

Awake and Alive

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »
I hope someone new reads my intro and sees what dumbass I was coming in and doesn't waste another day with that shit in their mouth.

Jlud, I wanted you to know that I as a new quitter have read your entire intro and it has inspired me and strengthened my quit. I am thankful for all you vets that are still around staying quit and are paving this rutted up quit road for us.Thank you!

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
Day 166-

Been quite a while since I updated my intro, quite a ride the last couple of months. I struggle sometimes to update my own experiences when I deem them negative or counter-productive. However the fact that through life's ups and downs the last 166 days I have stayed nic free is positive enough.

I think my biggest struggle still is that no matter how much I want to hate the can of poison that dragged me down for so many years, I still want to give in some days. I still think about it several times a day and my ape brain still wants to rationalize "just one more" today. I have seen other quitters that expressed similar feelings so I don't feel alone and I have watched others get complacent, and make the walk of shame to a new quit group and a Day 1 post. I've come too far to make a decision like that today, I know better. I will continue to choose posting roll, keeping my word and reaching out to my brothers.

I dipped for 23 years and it would be foolish to think that the nic monster would give up after a few months. I'm probably due to get a little more active online again, it seems to ebb and flow here. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and breath a bit. Make no mistake, I still post roll with my group every morning and am in contact with a several of my quit brothers frequently.

Anyway I just needed to air some of that shit, I have made it through the holidays quit and will march on to 200, ODAAT. Lots of Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat heavy rotation on my iTunes. Rock on Quitters!

Awake and Alive

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Happy Birthday Jeff!!

It has been a pleasure getting to know you as a quitter, conductor and a friend!

I am damn proud that today was your first birthday dip free as an adult.

Congrats,
Corey
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:00 AM »
Quote from: razd611
Today I have been quit for 129 days and I have a bunch of crap bouncing around in my head, so why not lay it down here for my own sanity.  Hell, maybe I'll help someone in the process.

First let me just say that being able to post in the site wide birthday roll call yesterday was awesome, posting with all you bad asses of quit felt damn good.

My own personal journey to the HOF and subsequent duties welcoming November 2013 onto the train with Pinched has had me thinking about what it really means to reach that milestone.  Particularly guys that fall away after 100 days. I'm sure that I alone will not cure this phenomenon but I do ponder the issue, especially when I receive a message back from a new HOF'er saying, "Oh I'm done after 100".

I used nicotine/smokeless tobacco for 23 years approx., that's 8,395 days.  100 days quit vs. my 8000+ using, how many guys roll back in with a fresh day 1 after reaching the HOF? 

Reaching the HOF to me has felt more like the beginning of something, rather than the destination.  I wish that everyone could feel that and maybe they could save themselves the trip through the cycle with a cave. That kind of brings me around to my second rambling.

I know many of us understand that we are "nicotine addicts" not just "guys who used to dip smokeless tobacco".  Addicts have tendencies towards plenty of other unhealthy behaviors and the idea that at some point we don't need to address those to progress in our "quit" is a fantasy.

I thank those that have fought for the overall integrity of this site.  I thank all my bad ass brothers (and sisters!) that choose to stay here at KTC and keep the lights on for the next group of quitters and through them may we stay reminded that we ourselves will always be addicts.  That with that daily promise to one another we can continue to stay free of nicotine today, but also continue to grow into better men and women.

Thanks for listening, QFQQ!
'clap'
Brother I am just glad that we get to work together donning the "monkey" suits and running the train together!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
oops....
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
Today I have been quit for 129 days and I have a bunch of crap bouncing around in my head, so why not lay it down here for my own sanity. Hell, maybe I'll help someone in the process.

First let me just say that being able to post in the site wide birthday roll call yesterday was awesome, posting with all you bad asses of quit felt damn good.

My own personal journey to the HOF and subsequent duties welcoming November 2013 onto the train with Pinched has had me thinking about what it really means to reach that milestone. Particularly guys that fall away after 100 days. I'm sure that I alone will not cure this phenomenon but I do ponder the issue, especially when I receive a message back from a new HOF'er saying, "Oh I'm done after 100".

I used nicotine/smokeless tobacco for 23 years approx., that's 8,395 days. 100 days quit vs. my 8000+ using, how many guys roll back in with a fresh day 1 after reaching the HOF?

Reaching the HOF to me has felt more like the beginning of something, rather than the destination. I wish that everyone could feel that and maybe they could save themselves the trip through the cycle with a cave. That kind of brings me around to my second rambling.

I know many of us understand that we are "nicotine addicts" not just "guys who used to dip smokeless tobacco". Addicts have tendencies towards plenty of other unhealthy behaviors and the idea that at some point we don't need to address those to progress in our "quit" is a fantasy.

I thank those that have fought for the overall integrity of this site. I thank all my bad ass brothers (and sisters!) that choose to stay here at KTC and keep the lights on for the next group of quitters and through them may we stay reminded that we ourselves will always be addicts. That with that daily promise to one another we can continue to stay free of nicotine today, but also continue to grow into better men and women.

'clap'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Today I have been quit for 129 days and I have a bunch of crap bouncing around in my head, so why not lay it down here for my own sanity. Hell, maybe I'll help someone in the process.

My own personal journey to the HOF and subsequent duties welcoming November 2013 onto the train with Pinched has had me thinking about what it really means to reach that milestone. Particularly guys that fall away after 100 days. I'm sure that I alone will not cure this phenomenon but I do ponder the issue, especially when I receive a message back from a new HOF'er saying, "Oh I'm done after 100".

I used nicotine/smokeless tobacco for 23 years approx., that's 8,395 days. 100 days quit vs. my 8000+ using, how many guys roll back in with a fresh day 1 after reaching the HOF?

Reaching the HOF to me has felt more like the beginning of something, rather than the destination. I wish that everyone could feel that and maybe they could save themselves the trip through the cycle with a cave. That kind of brings me around to my second rambling.

I know many of us understand that we are "nicotine addicts" not just "guys who used to dip smokeless tobacco". Addicts have tendencies towards plenty of other unhealthy behaviors and the idea that at some point we don't need to address those to progress in our "quit" is a fantasy.

I thank those that have fought for the overall integrity of this site. I thank all my bad ass brothers (and sisters!) that choose to stay here at KTC and keep the lights on for the next group of quitters and through them may we stay reminded that we ourselves will always be addicts. That with that daily promise to one another we can continue to stay free of nicotine today, but also continue to grow into better men and women.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Day 115 -

I just needed to vent a little I guess and I did not want to do it in another quitters thread.  I'm just struggling today, a funk maybe, I don't know.  Saw a guy from my group yesterday, pop on here to let everyone know he's still quit. Very close time wise but he disappeared and has not posted roll since.....well quite a while.

This is really fucking with my head today, why did he stop in.... wtf, why stop in update your intro after 2 1/2 months of falling of the face of the earth and not post with your group while your here?. Why am I still hanging around posting roll?, wasting time I should be working some days to read stuff on the site.  I am struggling to put it into words but this one guys post really has me spun me out.  I'm glad he's quit but it just plants that small seed.....why waste time on the site still, I could be doing other things.

I know that is not an option for me, I need you guys to help me remember that I'm a nicotine addict, not just a guy who used to dip.  The nic bitch hasn't forgotten about me, she still tries to tell me that just one more will make it all better sometimes.  Anyway, I'll quit again today with all of you and finish this rant.
Answered.....by Chewie

this question comes up quite often and i've never really had a good answer for it... but now i think i DO have an answer.

the bottom line is this. when you're on the site i (and your other brothers) KNOW that you're not dipping. we see that daily promise and there is no doubt in our mind that you're not stuffing your face with shit.

if i don't see your name, then i've got to ASSUME that you've clean. i'm not sure. i don't know. i've been clean now for over 500 days. i'm here nearly every day. my name is on that line every day. it's my daily promise to you, to myself and to every other person on killthecan.org.

i am in the october 2006 group. there was a time when that group was over 30-40 people strong posting roll on a DAILY basis. now we're down to about 3-4 on a regular basis. i KNOW that those 3-4 are quit. i've got to assume about the others.

recently i lost a quit brother that had over 500 days quit. he left the site cause he didn't think about dip anymore. he never even considered it anymore so he didn't see the value in posting roll. now he's on day 9. he threw away over half a comma cause he was stupid. he got complacent and he got cocky. since his cave he's posted every day and i KNOW that he's quit - i no longer have to assume.

do i think about dip more cause i'm here? you bet. and you know what -- i think that's a GOOD thing. i WANT to think about dip on a daily basis.

the nic bitch WANTS us to forget about her. she wants us to forget about all the pain and suffering we went through to get clean. she wants you to only remember the good times that you had together.

sure, maybe roll call is like picking off a scab every day -- never letting the wound totally heal. personally i'd rather pick at it every day for the rest of my life than EVER let it heal and forget about it.

i'm an addict my friend. i always will be. i'm quit today and you KNOW it cause my name is on that list. you're quit today. i KNOW it cause your name is on that list. i'll be on that list tomorrow -- will you?

chewie
One Day At a Time and QLFEDD brother
Thanks Cbird

If that's not in the words of wisdom section....it should be under a title like "Why hang around after HOF".

Thanks brother I needed that today.

...and Pinched.... I love you too 'Finger'
hey brother,

You dipped for more than 15 years. More than 15 years of putting the poison in your body took a toll on your brain. That's the bad news!
The good news? We can get our brains back from the addiction everyday, one day at a time. I promise. And we are better men because of it!
I come here everyday and post roll because I am an addict for life.
I give my word everyday because I gave my life everyday for 30 yrs to nicotine and all the propaganda that big tobacco uses.
I promise today with You and everyone here TODAY that I will not use nicotine in any form or fashion and I promise I will gather at least one more piece of weaponry to beat the addiction TODAY. Just today.
You're on the right track, at the right website, in the right frame of mind! Quit on Today!
Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?