Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: jlud007
Day 115 -

I just needed to vent a little I guess and I did not want to do it in another quitters thread.  I'm just struggling today, a funk maybe, I don't know.  Saw a guy from my group yesterday, pop on here to let everyone know he's still quit. Very close time wise but he disappeared and has not posted roll since.....well quite a while.

This is really fucking with my head today, why did he stop in.... wtf, why stop in update your intro after 2 1/2 months of falling of the face of the earth and not post with your group while your here?. Why am I still hanging around posting roll?, wasting time I should be working some days to read stuff on the site.  I am struggling to put it into words but this one guys post really has me spun me out.  I'm glad he's quit but it just plants that small seed.....why waste time on the site still, I could be doing other things.

I know that is not an option for me, I need you guys to help me remember that I'm a nicotine addict, not just a guy who used to dip.  The nic bitch hasn't forgotten about me, she still tries to tell me that just one more will make it all better sometimes.  Anyway, I'll quit again today with all of you and finish this rant.
Answered.....by Chewie

this question comes up quite often and i've never really had a good answer for it... but now i think i DO have an answer.

the bottom line is this. when you're on the site i (and your other brothers) KNOW that you're not dipping. we see that daily promise and there is no doubt in our mind that you're not stuffing your face with shit.

if i don't see your name, then i've got to ASSUME that you've clean. i'm not sure. i don't know. i've been clean now for over 500 days. i'm here nearly every day. my name is on that line every day. it's my daily promise to you, to myself and to every other person on killthecan.org.

i am in the october 2006 group. there was a time when that group was over 30-40 people strong posting roll on a DAILY basis. now we're down to about 3-4 on a regular basis. i KNOW that those 3-4 are quit. i've got to assume about the others.

recently i lost a quit brother that had over 500 days quit. he left the site cause he didn't think about dip anymore. he never even considered it anymore so he didn't see the value in posting roll. now he's on day 9. he threw away over half a comma cause he was stupid. he got complacent and he got cocky. since his cave he's posted every day and i KNOW that he's quit - i no longer have to assume.

do i think about dip more cause i'm here? you bet. and you know what -- i think that's a GOOD thing. i WANT to think about dip on a daily basis.

the nic bitch WANTS us to forget about her. she wants us to forget about all the pain and suffering we went through to get clean. she wants you to only remember the good times that you had together.

sure, maybe roll call is like picking off a scab every day -- never letting the wound totally heal. personally i'd rather pick at it every day for the rest of my life than EVER let it heal and forget about it.

i'm an addict my friend. i always will be. i'm quit today and you KNOW it cause my name is on that list. you're quit today. i KNOW it cause your name is on that list. i'll be on that list tomorrow -- will you?

chewie
One Day At a Time and QLFEDD brother
Thanks Cbird

If that's not in the words of wisdom section....it should be under a title like "Why hang around after HOF".

Thanks brother I needed that today.

...and Pinched.... I love you too 'Finger'

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Day 115 -

I just needed to vent a little I guess and I did not want to do it in another quitters thread. I'm just struggling today, a funk maybe, I don't know. Saw a guy from my group yesterday, pop on here to let everyone know he's still quit. Very close time wise but he disappeared and has not posted roll since.....well quite a while.

This is really fucking with my head today, why did he stop in.... wtf, why stop in update your intro after 2 1/2 months of falling of the face of the earth and not post with your group while your here?. Why am I still hanging around posting roll?, wasting time I should be working some days to read stuff on the site. I am struggling to put it into words but this one guys post really has me spun me out. I'm glad he's quit but it just plants that small seed.....why waste time on the site still, I could be doing other things.

I know that is not an option for me, I need you guys to help me remember that I'm a nicotine addict, not just a guy who used to dip. The nic bitch hasn't forgotten about me, she still tries to tell me that just one more will make it all better sometimes. Anyway, I'll quit again today with all of you and finish this rant.
I love you man!
:wub:
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
Day 115 -

I just needed to vent a little I guess and I did not want to do it in another quitters thread. I'm just struggling today, a funk maybe, I don't know. Saw a guy from my group yesterday, pop on here to let everyone know he's still quit. Very close time wise but he disappeared and has not posted roll since.....well quite a while.

This is really fucking with my head today, why did he stop in.... wtf, why stop in update your intro after 2 1/2 months of falling of the face of the earth and not post with your group while your here?. Why am I still hanging around posting roll?, wasting time I should be working some days to read stuff on the site. I am struggling to put it into words but this one guys post really has me spun me out. I'm glad he's quit but it just plants that small seed.....why waste time on the site still, I could be doing other things.

I know that is not an option for me, I need you guys to help me remember that I'm a nicotine addict, not just a guy who used to dip. The nic bitch hasn't forgotten about me, she still tries to tell me that just one more will make it all better sometimes. Anyway, I'll quit again today with all of you and finish this rant.
Answered.....by Chewie

this question comes up quite often and i've never really had a good answer for it... but now i think i DO have an answer.

the bottom line is this. when you're on the site i (and your other brothers) KNOW that you're not dipping. we see that daily promise and there is no doubt in our mind that you're not stuffing your face with shit.

if i don't see your name, then i've got to ASSUME that you've clean. i'm not sure. i don't know. i've been clean now for over 500 days. i'm here nearly every day. my name is on that line every day. it's my daily promise to you, to myself and to every other person on killthecan.org.

i am in the october 2006 group. there was a time when that group was over 30-40 people strong posting roll on a DAILY basis. now we're down to about 3-4 on a regular basis. i KNOW that those 3-4 are quit. i've got to assume about the others.

recently i lost a quit brother that had over 500 days quit. he left the site cause he didn't think about dip anymore. he never even considered it anymore so he didn't see the value in posting roll. now he's on day 9. he threw away over half a comma cause he was stupid. he got complacent and he got cocky. since his cave he's posted every day and i KNOW that he's quit - i no longer have to assume.

do i think about dip more cause i'm here? you bet. and you know what -- i think that's a GOOD thing. i WANT to think about dip on a daily basis.

the nic bitch WANTS us to forget about her. she wants us to forget about all the pain and suffering we went through to get clean. she wants you to only remember the good times that you had together.

sure, maybe roll call is like picking off a scab every day -- never letting the wound totally heal. personally i'd rather pick at it every day for the rest of my life than EVER let it heal and forget about it.

i'm an addict my friend. i always will be. i'm quit today and you KNOW it cause my name is on that list. you're quit today. i KNOW it cause your name is on that list. i'll be on that list tomorrow -- will you?

chewie
One Day At a Time and QLFEDD brother
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
Day 115 -

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: worktowin
Day 107

Can I just say thanks to everyone for the kind words, posts, text messages and the slap on the back the last week!

I had a funky day or so but man my quit feels so good I almost cannot put it into words.  I just wanted to share with all you bad asses that today.

Click here for my happy quit song for today!

QFQQ
Nice song. Nicer quit. You've been a terrific resource and inspiration on this site. At 107 things feel pretty good. Trust me... They get better. Lots. I'll quit with you again today, and look forward to a lot more happy quit songs being posted in this thread.
Never ever ever...Surrender to the nic bitch. You will have moments of doubt. Doubt your doubts more than your faith in the quit.

You are free but it isn't easy to stay free. Just never start again. No matter the pain, doubt or boredom, give yourself enough respect never to be impulsive on breaking your pledge to quit this garbage.
Great HoF speech!!

You're probably still riding the emotion high from hitting the Hall~ embrace it and remember this as your first of many milestone accomplishments.

That being said, the nic bitch isn't going to turn over and die. She'll lie in wait or amp up her attack so keep your quit on the edge.
What Cbird and Mthomas said X 1000 = Freedom Today!
Do or Do Not....there is no try.
Posting roll when your feet hit the ground is "do"!
Cheers.
Jeff,
Well brother you know as well as I do that Nicotine is fucked when it comes to us...if I start to waffle you will be one of the first to reel me back in, if you start to buckle I will be doing the same.

The post HOF Funk sucks, yet both of us are here and we have a train to help run. Neither of us can guarantee what happens tomorrow but today I am quit as are you. So Nicotine I say...
'Finger'

Leave my QUIT alone!

QUACK FOOKING QUACK QUITTER,
Pinched

Now back to work CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHOO-CHOO!!!!
'hoftrain'
You and pinched driving that train... Gives new meaning to "crazy train !" Huge congrats on the big honor. That is awesome!!!

And agree with the great hof speech comment! You've killed it ever since coming back. You bought in to the pat it forward concept and have really helped a lot if people. Well done, Jeff!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Day 107

Can I just say thanks to everyone for the kind words, posts, text messages and the slap on the back the last week!

I had a funky day or so but man my quit feels so good I almost cannot put it into words.  I just wanted to share with all you bad asses that today.

QFQQ
Nice song. Nicer quit. You've been a terrific resource and inspiration on this site. At 107 things feel pretty good. Trust me... They get better. Lots. I'll quit with you again today, and look forward to a lot more happy quit songs being posted in this thread.
Never ever ever...Surrender to the nic bitch. You will have moments of doubt. Doubt your doubts more than your faith in the quit.

You are free but it isn't easy to stay free. Just never start again. No matter the pain, doubt or boredom, give yourself enough respect never to be impulsive on breaking your pledge to quit this garbage.
Great HoF speech!!

You're probably still riding the emotion high from hitting the Hall~ embrace it and remember this as your first of many milestone accomplishments.

That being said, the nic bitch isn't going to turn over and die. She'll lie in wait or amp up her attack so keep your quit on the edge.
Cheers.
Jeff,
Well brother you know as well as I do that Nicotine is fucked when it comes to us...if I start to waffle you will be one of the first to reel me back in, if you start to buckle I will be doing the same.

The post HOF Funk sucks, yet both of us are here and we have a train to help run. Neither of us can guarantee what happens tomorrow but today I am quit as are you. So Nicotine I say...
'Finger'

Leave my QUIT alone!

QUACK FOOKING QUACK QUITTER,
Pinched

Now back to work CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHOO-CHOO!!!!
'hoftrain'
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Day 107

QFQQ

Great HoF speech!!

Cheers.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Day 107

QFQQ

Great HoF speech!!

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Day 107

QFQQ

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2013, 05:41:00 PM »
Day 107

I had a funky day or so but man my quit feels so good I almost cannot put it into words. I just wanted to share with all you bad asses that today.

QFQQ

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Day 107

I had a funky day or so but man my quit feels so good I almost cannot put it into words. I just wanted to share with all you bad asses that today.

QFQQ

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Congrats! Stay focused and continue to post roll for at least another 29,930 days, that will ensure you remain quit for life if you are at least 18 that will put you at 100 days lol.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Congrats on the HOF. Another soldier has made it to our quit army. Hell yes. Great job man.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
CONGRATS BRO! 100 DAYS IS SOMETHING FEW CAN BRAG ABOUT! GUARD YOUR QUIT! THE BITCH STILL TRIES US ALL AND WE HAVE TO STAY VIGILANT!

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
Your mom couldn't be any prouder of you than I am today. Well done, and keep up the good fight brother.