Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 12586 times)

Offline kana

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Went to the dentist today, and I was worried for nothing. Hygienist said everything looked good. I needed something positive today. followed it up with a long swim. must say I'm feeling a little better. :wacko:
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
137ish - Been in some kinda crap the last week or so. finally felt better Tues, but then snapped at my poor wife yesterday, hadn't seen her in 2 weeks, and I haven't snapped in awhile. I went to work angry all day. when I came home I was sitting outside and thinking what to say to the Mrs. Then I realized I hadn't thought about a can of dip in a looong time, but I think about KTC everyday. 'Crazy'
When I went in she had cooked my favorite dinner, bless her heart. Both working full time, wife going to school full time, running a business, and being Mr. mom, I guess it had to blow eventually. main thing we're all good like usual, but then last night I had my first dip dream. Right before I woke up had a massive lipper in the car, and was thinking to myself oh fuck. Then I woke up. Thank god it was a dream. fucking bitch has been messing with me for the past 9 fucking day's. Fuck you bitch leave me alone
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: tazbutane
Quote from: kana
My quit is like a beret, a ranger, seal, what have you. I've never been in the military (highest respect  thanks), but I'm a good quit soldier. I've seen as of late some failures in a couple regards, (in my opinion) and want you all to think about what kind of quit you have.
I watched a show once about seals training camp. You're gonna know the first day wether you'll make it or not. The strong realize the weak will fall to the side as this is a normal process. Others failures doesn't change their mindset, and the training is priority. They know in the end they'll have an elite force of dangerous individuals, and un-stoppable as a team. It doesn't mean the weak don't have heart. They just don't have the non failure determination.
You're backed in a corner all by yourself,  they have a knife. What are you gonna do? You're gonna do what ever it takes to stay alive. It's a natural instinct to survive, but some are stronger than others. The mindset is no matter how bad it gets failure is not an option. This is how my quit feels. Sure there's pain, so what. Give me more and I'll just block that pain too. My quit consumes weakness, and get's smarter, stronger, more efficient.. I decided on the first day that this would be my mind set. Failure is NOT an option. Care to join me?  B)
I will join you kana.

I don't have to carry a log over my head through the surf do I?

Semper Fi brother
Been all in since I made the decision to quit. Had plenty of support along the way; but ultimately, the choice was never really in question. I wanted to quit, I needed the training to stay quit, and I need the accountability to stay quit. I will not fail, so long as I put all my skills and training to use. Complacency is mediocrity... I've got no place in my life for being mediocre.

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
My quit is like a beret, a ranger, seal, what have you. I've never been in the military (highest respect  thanks), but I'm a good quit soldier. I've seen as of late some failures in a couple regards, (in my opinion) and want you all to think about what kind of quit you have.
I watched a show once about seals training camp. You're gonna know the first day wether you'll make it or not. The strong realize the weak will fall to the side as this is a normal process. Others failures doesn't change their mindset, and the training is priority. They know in the end they'll have an elite force of dangerous individuals, and un-stoppable as a team. It doesn't mean the weak don't have heart. They just don't have the non failure determination.
You're backed in a corner all by yourself, they have a knife. What are you gonna do? You're gonna do what ever it takes to stay alive. It's a natural instinct to survive, but some are stronger than others. The mindset is no matter how bad it gets failure is not an option. This is how my quit feels. Sure there's pain, so what. Give me more and I'll just block that pain too. My quit consumes weakness, and get's smarter, stronger, more efficient.. I decided on the first day that this would be my mind set. Failure is NOT an option. Care to join me? B)
I will join you kana.

I don't have to carry a log over my head through the surf do I?

Semper Fi brother
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
You're backed in a corner all by yourself, they have a knife. What are you gonna do? You're gonna do what ever it takes to stay alive. It's a natural instinct to survive, but some are stronger than others. The mindset is no matter how bad it gets failure is not an option. This is how my quit feels. Sure there's pain, so what. Give me more and I'll just block that pain too. My quit consumes weakness, and get's smarter, stronger, more efficient.. I decided on the first day that this would be my mind set. Failure is NOT an option. Care to join me? B)

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Kubrick
I've done some maturing KTC style this week, and want to chime on being (SELFISH). 'Finger'
All those years of nic was just pure selfishness. The only beneficiary was myself, and unfortunately the tobacco companies that stole my money.
I read 2 posts this week that really sunk in.
I had to look at the spreadsheet (thanks pitt) to see what day I'm on. 125.
In the beginning I had difficulty coming to the site as I thought it reminded me of dip. I'm glad I stuck around to watch the whole movie.
Coming to the site daily, and making your promise not to use is YOUR medicine. The accountability is what drove me. I didn't want to let any of my quit bro's down. This was the first step to remove Selfishness from my life. For once I was thinking of others. As my quit matured I started watching quitters with (hope) fall to the side, this made me question the benefits of seeing this firsthand as well.
I too was looking for that HOF day 100 I'm better now crap. 100 came and went, but I already made my choice. I know I'll never dip again, and I've accepted that fact. However I won't accept being selfish.
The day # has been a thorn in my side. I made the choice to quit. No matter what day it is, but that was selfish thinking. The day# helps a vet to see where you're at in your quit, so they can give the proper support. Now I realize there are truly different levels in this quit, and the support like your# changes as well.
I also thought about leaving like some of the others. But that would be selfish. The lady who helped me quit drinking was an alcoholic. If she didn't stick around to help out I wouldn't be here. The quit will mature and the things that bothered you before are now disappearing.
When they say it will get better, they're really saying you will think differently. When I come to the site I don't think about dip anymore. I think about my friends and their well being, and how I can help.
I truly appreciate all the vets for sticking around and continuing to pay it forward, and for saying the right things at the right time. My family thanks you!
Good stuff right here. I have posted 100% for 259 days and I've been quit for 259 days as well.

I don't think about dip when I'm here, but I am reminded I'm an addict and that I need to make my daily promise to not use that crap. Because I can tell you even after 250+ days, the thought of having one creeps into the brain every once in a while.

It's much better to know you already made a promise here when those thoughts come, than walking away from the place and not having any accountability.
agreed.. better to be safe then sorry. My promise makes me feel as though I carry a 12 gauge around at all times waiting for her to stick that head out. I will bash her any chance I can get, but thankfully I don't see her much anymore...

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
I've done some maturing KTC style this week, and want to chime on being (SELFISH). 'Finger'
All those years of nic was just pure selfishness. The only beneficiary was myself, and unfortunately the tobacco companies that stole my money.
In the beginning I had difficulty coming to the site as I thought it reminded me of dip. I'm glad I stuck around to watch the whole movie.
Coming to the site daily, and making your promise not to use is YOUR medicine. The accountability is what drove me. I didn't want to let any of my quit bro's down. This was the first step to remove Selfishness from my life. For once I was thinking of others. As my quit matured I started watching quitters with (hope) fall to the side, this made me question the benefits of seeing this firsthand as well.
I too was looking for that HOF day 100 I'm better now crap. 100 came and went, but I already made my choice. I know I'll never dip again, and I've accepted that fact. However I won't accept being selfish.
The day # has been a thorn in my side. I made the choice to quit. No matter what day it is, but that was selfish thinking. The day# helps a vet to see where you're at in your quit, so they can give the proper support. Now I realize there are truly different levels in this quit, and the support like your# changes as well.
I also thought about leaving like some of the others. But that would be selfish. The lady who helped me quit drinking was an alcoholic. If she didn't stick around to help out I wouldn't be here. The quit will mature and the things that bothered you before are now disappearing.
When they say it will get better, they're really saying you will think differently. When I come to the site I don't think about dip anymore. I think about my friends and their well being, and how I can help.
I truly appreciate all the vets for sticking around and continuing to pay it forward, and for saying the right things at the right time. My family thanks you!
Good stuff right here. I have posted 100% for 259 days and I've been quit for 259 days as well.

I don't think about dip when I'm here, but I am reminded I'm an addict and that I need to make my daily promise to not use that crap. Because I can tell you even after 250+ days, the thought of having one creeps into the brain every once in a while.

It's much better to know you already made a promise here when those thoughts come, than walking away from the place and not having any accountability.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
Powerful HoF speech my brother, well played sir. Proud to be quit with you Kana.
Indeed. Thanks for taking the time. The site is better for it.
My pleasure.. I'm proud to be quit with all you wonderful people. Life is Good..
Well Sais and Congrats!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Powerful HoF speech my brother, well played sir. Proud to be quit with you Kana.
My pleasure.. I'm proud to be quit with all you wonderful people. Life is Good..

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
That is a very cool name. I am going to stick with Bimbo as it suits me better and keep posting until I reach supreme super slut or whatever KTC has in waiting for me.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
Quote from: GR8WHITEBUFFALO
Makana, is that hawaiian for floozy?
well I'm a haole hawaiian floozy for sure lol... but Makana is my sons middle name, and it means "Gods Gift"

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Makana, is that hawaiian for floozy?
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO