Author Topic: Self loathing  (Read 7100 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Self loathing
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzfall
Dear Digital Diary,
Today is day 50. It seems like a huge expanse of time has gone by since day one. It could be the change in seasons as i was in shorts when i first quit, and now we have snow on the ground. It could also just be the time distortion that is so prominant in those first ten days. What ever the cause may be, i am damn proud to be here 50 days in, with nothing but optimisism.
No more fear! I will never be afraid of existing without dip. In these last 50 days i have learned that there is no activity i cant do without a dip. Yeah, i still crave one during specific moments, espcially after meals. But i understand that dip does nothing to improve any activity. In fact it's just one more variable to be constantly tended to. Fuck that, i have enough stress already.
My wife and sister in law are very close. Katie tells her about my quit, which is fine. Yesterday, my SIL walked up and handed me a Kennedy 50cent piece. That was pretty cool and stirred some emotion from my otherwise cold, cavernous heart. This quit is for me, but its damn nice to have the support of others.

Keep Quit,
-Grizzfall
Your making your way around that corner now. Great job. A whole new world is beginning to open up for you Grizzfall. You will learn a lot about yourself as the next weeks/days pass grizzfall. I'm at 283 and still finding out new things about myself. I'm a lot different of a person without the poison. You are to. Glad to be quit with you today my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Dear Digital Diary,
Today is day 50. It seems like a huge expanse of time has gone by since day one. It could be the change in seasons as i was in shorts when i first quit, and now we have snow on the ground. It could also just be the time distortion that is so prominant in those first ten days. What ever the cause may be, i am damn proud to be here 50 days in, with nothing but optimisism.
No more fear! I will never be afraid of existing without dip. In these last 50 days i have learned that there is no activity i cant do without a dip. Yeah, i still crave one during specific moments, espcially after meals. But i understand that dip does nothing to improve any activity. In fact it's just one more variable to be constantly tended to. Fuck that, i have enough stress already.
My wife and sister in law are very close. Katie tells her about my quit, which is fine. Yesterday, my SIL walked up and handed me a Kennedy 50cent piece. That was pretty cool and stirred some emotion from my otherwise cold, cavernous heart. This quit is for me, but its damn nice to have the support of others.

Keep Quit,
-Grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: brothrbry
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Punkin
To the quit,
   It is forty days for me today. From here on out it is brand new quit territory. The last and only time i got this far, i tried to "forget" that i was an addict. So i bought a tin, cause i didnt realize the danger and so on and so on...  Not this time.
   I dont know if it is the weather, or the job going poorly, or guilt about spending time hunting opening day this weekend, or quitting. But i feel low. I hope it is just one more bottom curve on the sign wave of quitting. But, stay quit i will.
  So for the fresh quitters getting into this, know that it will not all be roses. Nic will chomp at your heels when your guard falls. It will come when life is anything but perfect. Be ready and be strong.
-grizzfall
Congrats on making 40 days dude. Im proud to call you a quit brother
Nice!
Grizzfall, you get it. Sunshine and roses come and go but there is a need that when you feel like laying down, you keep going. Only day by day. 40 is great and you are feeling the funk. Triggers and beating them. You win but it doesn't feel good.

Glad to see you are on course. Day by day, keep quitting. Shortly you will wake and for no reason, feel so good and have a confidence and appreciation. Proud to be on your side. If we were on opposite sides, I'd worry about getting my ass kicked.

I don't feel sorry for nicotine but she is getting a beatdown.
Way to stay strong through a tough day. It will come and go. Every time you beat this addition down, it will get better and easier to deal with the following days. Stay strong bro, Stay quit!
Hang tough. There were peaks and valleys through my first 120 days or so. I am on day 1071 and I rarely think about dip. Things shall improve. Glad you are here.
What Bro. Sco said X 100!
I'm at day 540 and the quit life really does get better. I Promise YOU!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: brothrbry
To the quit,
   It is forty days for me today. From here on out it is brand new quit territory. The last and only time i got this far, i tried to "forget" that i was an addict. So i bought a tin, cause i didnt realize the danger and so on and so on...  Not this time.
   I dont know if it is the weather, or the job going poorly, or guilt about spending time hunting opening day this weekend, or quitting. But i feel low. I hope it is just one more bottom curve on the sign wave of quitting. But, stay quit i will.
  So for the fresh quitters getting into this, know that it will not all be roses. Nic will chomp at your heels when your guard falls. It will come when life is anything but perfect. Be ready and be strong.
-grizzfall
Nice!
Grizzfall, you get it. Sunshine and roses come and go but there is a need that when you feel like laying down, you keep going. Only day by day. 40 is great and you are feeling the funk. Triggers and beating them. You win but it doesn't feel good.

Glad to see you are on course. Day by day, keep quitting. Shortly you will wake and for no reason, feel so good and have a confidence and appreciation. Proud to be on your side. If we were on opposite sides, I'd worry about getting my ass kicked.

Way to stay strong through a tough day. It will come and go. Every time you beat this addition down, it will get better and easier to deal with the following days. Stay strong bro, Stay quit!
Hang tough. There were peaks and valleys through my first 120 days or so. I am on day 1071 and I rarely think about dip. Things shall improve. Glad you are here.

Offline brothrbry

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
To the quit,
-grizzfall
Nice!

I still crave nicotine sometimes but I crave LIFE all the time

Quit Date: September 20, 2013
*HOF 12/28/2013*

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
To the quit,
-grizzfall
Nice!

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
To the quit,
-grizzfall
Nice!

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
To the quit,
It is forty days for me today. From here on out it is brand new quit territory. The last and only time i got this far, i tried to "forget" that i was an addict. So i bought a tin, cause i didnt realize the danger and so on and so on... Not this time.
-grizzfall
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
To the quit,
It is forty days for me today. From here on out it is brand new quit territory. The last and only time i got this far, i tried to "forget" that i was an addict. So i bought a tin, cause i didnt realize the danger and so on and so on... Not this time.
-grizzfall
Great advice Grizzfall.

It doesnt matter how we "feel" on any particular day. Variable emotions are all just part of the human condition. Happy days, somber days, tired, sad, elated, vibrant, etc, etc, etc. We give dip far too much credit for having anything to do with this variabilty. Nicotine never did anything for us but simply remove the withdrawal that IT created. Thats it, nothing more. You had down days while using too. Think about it.

Keep us the great work. Quitting will suck, until it doesnt, and then it wont. Hang in there, you are right where you should be from my perspective.

Ryan

Offline bigskyken

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
Be careful Mogul, someone might take your compliment to Ben out of context!

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
Hey Ben, Nice Ass!!!!

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »
I am 33 days and I had a similar day today.. Even though I was actually productive at work for once I felt like a pile all day.. I could barely stay awake on my drive to work (I actually had to pull over and take a 10 minute nap cause I thought I may crash)

I had been feeling great after my deer last weekend.. but last night I slept like shit and felt terrible all day.. I thought of dip today more than I have since probably day 8

One day at a time man.. 40 is great.. cant get to 41 if you dont get through 40

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
40 days, Grizz that is awesome. I kinda had a down day too and I called a friend of mine. He said don't worry man, that's good news. I was like, why the hell is being down the "good news". He said, life is peaks and valleys man, if you are in a valley it means a peak is coming up. I have relinquished myself to a hot shower and an early bed night when I'm feeling in a valley.

Your are doing great Grizz.

Mogul

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
To the quit,
-grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
Jan 14'
  Go saturday. Saturday fucking rocks. Less stress than the weekdays and no excuse to dip. Saturdays are what you want to make of them. Work. Play. Fuck. Explore. Read. Anything.
My saturday will be enjoyed to the fullest without chew, and i now say that with confidence. A few weeks back i couldn't. So have a good saturday everyone. We are killing it! Keep quit.
-Grizzfall
'do it'

My Saturday Night Ride
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech